Total Donkfest, Aa, 8.80turbo Mtt, Us Against A World Of Callers

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t2005)Button (t1840)Hero (SB) (t1940)BB (t3395)UTG (t1850)UTG+1 (t2330)MP1 (t1900)MP2 (t1150)MP3 (t1560)Hero's M: 43.11Preflop: Hero is SB with Aheart.gif, Aspade.gifUTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, 1 fold, CO calls t30, 1 fold, Hero raises to t290, BB calls t260, UTG calls t260, UTG+1 calls t260, MP1 calls t260, MP2 calls t260, 1 foldFlop: (t1770) Jheart.gif, 6diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(6 players)Hero bets t1650 (All-In)????, What is up with this table?? Ok two questions, should we just push pre-flop?? It kinda feels like we would get called by someone, and keep us out of sticky situations right? Or was my raise size good? About ten times the big blind, which seemed about right due to the limpers... but due to their tendency to all wanna play this hand should we make it more?? Or is that results orienated thinking, since they all called.. Then the flop, I am not sure what I am hoping for. The texture seems kinda bad because JQ is obviously in someone's range... but actually, I don't know what texture I would hope for other then an ace? Push good? It's only a pot-sized bet and must be the play right?? Just a dumb hand.

There's no real good answer here... Pretty stunning sequence of events.Honestly, if you think you'll ellicit a call by shoving PF, there's 0 reason not to shove.. If 5 people overcall an all-in, it's in God's hands at that point.

I guess IPITS. I'm not sure I've ever played it against that many people before. Your probably beat by QQ and/or JJ, but c/f would be a shame.
Was not all that worried about those two hands actually, well maybe JJ. But they would have to limp and then smooth call a raise?? I guess it's hard to argue common sense at this point in the hand though, but JQ was definately the hand I was most afraid of. The flop texture actually isin't all that bad though the more I think about it, since a pair (with that many players) or something low and sequential is a whole lot worse... anyways... Was actually wondering more about pre-flop.. but had to post the flop too, since it brings questions... I think that flop is a push though IMOYou are gonna love the results when we get there :club:

That's some play-money level donkery by those villains right there.If I knew prior to this hand that they were this loose, I'd shove AA pre expecting at least one call. Otherwise, your PF raise is fine, and shoving that flop is fine since the chances that someone among these donks has you crushed with JJ, QQ or 66 or beat with QJ/J6/Q6 is so remote, and it's more likely that someone behind to you is calling off their chips.

I shove preflop...in these tourneys, I get called by some random limper with 55 or A6 often enough to make it profitable. Donkey's are very group-aware; they know if a lot of their peers limped, a lot of them are going to call the big raise too, so they just come along.

I think the preflop raise is fine. I think it needs to be AT LEAST that much, and I don't think raising to 350-400 is really out of the question. It's a turbo-donkament... Get as much money in preflop so you have an easy PSB on the flop.As played, I definitely get it in here. You're going to need an ultra-sick-super-fist-pump hold to win, but Qx, Jx, flush draws, they're all calling you here. Looking at it again, I wouldn't mind shoving preflop, trying to look like an "lol you're all limping weakishly, I'm shoving over you chumps w/ ATC, try and call me!!!W3213211`!111" I would imagine you'd get called by most pairs, AJ+.

I think the preflop raise is fine. I think it needs to be AT LEAST that much, and I don't think raising to 350-400 is really out of the question. It's a turbo-donkament... Get as much money in preflop so you have an easy PSB on the flop.As played, I definitely get it in here. You're going to need an ultra-sick-super-fist-pump hold to win, but Qx, Jx, flush draws, they're all calling you here. Looking at it again, I wouldn't mind shoving preflop, trying to look like an "lol you're all limping weakishly, I'm shoving over you chumps w/ ATC, try and call me!!!W3213211`!111" I would imagine you'd get called by most pairs, AJ+.
QFT, but you played it fine the way it was. Sorry you got called by King Ten and lost :club:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00+$0.80 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t2005)Button (t1840)Hero (SB) (t1940)BB (t3395)UTG (t1850)UTG+1 (t2330)MP1 (t1900)MP2 (t1150)MP3 (t1560)Hero's M: 43.11Preflop: Hero is SB with Aheart.gif, Aspade.gifUTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, 1 fold, CO calls t30, 1 fold, Hero raises to t290, BB calls t260, UTG calls t260, UTG+1 calls t260, MP1 calls t260, MP2 calls t260, 1 foldFlop: (t1770) Jheart.gif, 6diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(6 players)Hero bets t1650 (All-In)????, What is up with this table?? Ok two questions, should we just push pre-flop?? It kinda feels like we would get called by someone, and keep us out of sticky situations right? Or was my raise size good? About ten times the big blind, which seemed about right due to the limpers... but due to their tendency to all wanna play this hand should we make it more?? Or is that results orienated thinking, since they all called.. Then the flop, I am not sure what I am hoping for. The texture seems kinda bad because JQ is obviously in someone's range... but actually, I don't know what texture I would hope for other then an ace? Push good? It's only a pot-sized bet and must be the play right?? Just a dumb hand.
As played shove the flop.
Seeing that you are in the SB I actually would rather shove PF in a tourney for what Beaver stated and I think DonkSlayer said it as well. By shoving, alot of times you'll get called by weakish Aces, KQ, KJ, smaller pairs.