The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

There's no chance communism catches hold in the US anytime soon. Anyone who says we're close to it is either delusional, paranoid, or fear-mongering.
Thanks to Joseph McCarthy.
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

And the pendulum swings again----America loves an underdog:http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/...52/#more-143853
Or maybe because he was forced to move back towards the Center and work to rebuild relations with the Republicans in the past several months as a result of the midterm elections. Perhaps it is a sign that the public didn't actually give him a mandate and that this move away from the extreme liberal left is what the public really wanted. He is riding the wave of hope & change from the midterm election. Also looking strong during a "crisis" always helps boost approval.
Or maybe because he was forced to move back towards the Center and work to rebuild relations with the Republicans in the past several months as a result of the midterm elections. Perhaps it is a sign that the public didn't actually give him a mandate and that this move away from the extreme liberal left is what the public really wanted. He is riding the wave of hope & change from the midterm election. Also looking strong during a "crisis" always helps boost approval.
All I said was it would happen. The why is some combination of the above and other factors.Politics is predictable.
All I said was it would happen. The why is some combination of the above and other factors.Politics is predictable.
I agree. In fact I also said right after the 2008 election that Politics is a Fickle thing and no one should ever count out any party for long.
52/48 isn't exactly a Landslide.I remember When Bush 41 was running at record high Approval Ratings - there was talk of the death of the Democrat Party and it might take a DECADE for it to recover.Then less than 6 Months later Clinton was President Elect and the Republicans were being declared Dead.Then came Newt and the "Contract with America" and the Democrats were Dead again.Then Clinton proved to be made of Teflon and Republicans were on life support.Then Bush 43 "Stole" the election from Gore and Democrats were in tatters.Then Bush's Speech 911 and State of the Union Address were EACH called among the best speeches EVER given by a President and his Approval ratings soared.Then Approval Ratings started dropping, but Bush still beat that guy that people can't even remember anymore.Then more dropping approval ratings and Newsweek asked How do the Republicans Recover?Then the Republicans unite behind a SINGLE candidate months before the Democrats can stop the in-fighting to select a nominee.And even when Republoicans are most vulnerable and should be behind by 10% or more, McCain somehow goes ahead in the Polls!!!Then the stock market tanks and McCain "suspends" his campaign to fix the Credit Crisis - and he drops like a rock......and "plummets" to the points where 52% of voters choose his opponent.52%The gap between winning and losing is narrower than ever in history.
so true. Calling Obama anti-business is almost as hilarious as saying he was born in Kenya.
Corporate cronyism IS anti-business, or at least anti-free markets. Someone who is pro-business would end corporate welfare and obscure expensive regulations that nobody knows about.
Corporate cronyism IS anti-business, or at least anti-free markets. Someone who is pro-business would end corporate welfare and obscure expensive regulations that nobody knows about.
Wait...how did you find out?

So Dennis Kusinich is brought down by an olive pit.Man I can't believe that guy even remotely was considered to be prez...Bush peanuts...

Excellent.Did you see the link to the article from China View, the English-language site run by China’s official Xinhua News Agency where they used an x-ray of Homer Simpson's head in an article about Multiple Sclerosis?ms-article-homer-preview.gifhttp://www.globalnerdy.com/2007/08/02/home...n-chinese-news/
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting article in the Times:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/23/business...onhardt.html?hpWell, it turns out the German boom didn’t last long. With its modest stimulus winding down, Germany’s growth slowed sharply late last year, and its economic output still has not recovered to its prerecession peak. Output in the United States — where the stimulus program has been bigger and longer lasting — has recovered. “It’s really quite striking how well the U.S. is performing relative to the U.K., which is tightening aggressively,” says Ian Shepherdson, a Britain-based economist for the research firm High Frequency Economics, “and relative to Germany, which is tightening more modestly.”What do y'all think?

Interesting article in the Times:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/23/business...onhardt.html?hpWell, it turns out the German boom didn’t last long. With its modest stimulus winding down, Germany’s growth slowed sharply late last year, and its economic output still has not recovered to its prerecession peak. Output in the United States — where the stimulus program has been bigger and longer lasting — has recovered. “It’s really quite striking how well the U.S. is performing relative to the U.K., which is tightening aggressively,” says Ian Shepherdson, a Britain-based economist for the research firm High Frequency Economics, “and relative to Germany, which is tightening more modestly.”What do y'all think?
I think these people have short-term thinking disease. First, our recovery is not that strong, it's very fragile. Housing prices are moving downward again, foreclosures are still climbing, and much of the failing debt is held by the US govt. Second, with the massive expansion of the money supply and the federal debt, we have a time bomb on our hands. Loose money means higher interest rates in the long run, higher debt means when rates go up makes it harder to pay that back. Basically, I don't think we've felt the full pain of the stimulus, Obamacare, and our deficit spending yet.I also think that they are taking things out of context. Europe has a unified currency and the European union, which makes each of the countries sort of halfway between a state and a country. Germany has been expected to carry the weight for solving many of the problems with the PIGS, so it's not really surprising that their economy is being dragged down a bit.Basically, we'll know in ten years, but by then people won't be talking about this anymore.
Should also be pointed out that there is an axiom that applies here. 'When the US sneezes, Europe catches a cold.'Our economy is more elastic to changes because of Volker raising the interest rates in the 70s and making the US Dollar so predominate after it was made the bench mark for currency exchange and oil prices.Because we are the world's biggest economy, our negative economical woes are exaggerated across the pond, like a whip effect.Our positive ones are less dramatic though because we end up sucking up the world's currency when things are good ( amIrte Iceland??)