New President

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... because knowing what number president he is is much more important than knowing his views and policies. You really proved a point there. People who can't answer random trivia questions should be mocked.
I honestly don't believe someone who doesn't know something as trivial as what president number he will be will know anything about views and policies.It's one number. It's been blasted over the news time and time again, as have his views and policies.
I honestly don't believe someone who doesn't know something as trivial as what president number he will be will know anything about views and policies.It's one number. It's been blasted over the news time and time again, as have his views and policies.
So you agree that it's trivial? Then that's the end of that chapter (flips scarf over shoulder).
So you agree that it's trivial? Then that's the end of that chapter (flips scarf over shoulder).
It's trivial in my eyes. But for someone who has proclaimed he's God's gift to man and is the savior of this great nation of ours, it shouldn't be. Yet, they had no clue what I was talking about.
I can name every single president this country has ever had with barely minimal thought involved, but if you asked me what number president Obama is prior to today (when it's been all over CNN) I would have had to run down the list to figure it out. It's just not one of those things I consider important enough to know. I'd rather waste that brainpower knowing who Millard Fillmore was.
It's trivial in my eyes. But for someone who has proclaimed he's God's gift to man and is the savior of this great nation of ours, it shouldn't be. Yet, they had no clue what I was talking about.
I don't remember him saying that. Do you have an audio clip of it?

If I said 'I'm so proud that we have a white Prime Minister in Great Britain', would that be considered racist?Just wondering, because all I've heard on the news (here in the UK, don't know what it's like in USA), is how great it is to have a black President.I thought policies were more important, seems not. Skin colour has taken precedence today. The whole thing seems like some kind of hypocritical anomaly, that I don't really have the desire to over analyse at this stage, but yeah. Maybe it's just the BBC or something... I hope so.

If I said 'I'm so proud that we have a white Prime Minister in Great Britain', would that be considered racist?Just wondering, because all I've heard on the news (here in the UK, don't know what it's like in USA), is how great it is to have a black President.I thought policies were more important, seems not. Skin colour has taken precedence today. The whole thing seems like some kind of hypocritical anomaly, that I don't really have the desire to over analyse at this stage, but yeah. Maybe it's just the BBC or something... I hope so.
I don't see what is wrong with people discussing that a black man is the President. I won't pretend to know anything about UK's history but it wasn't that long ago, the 60's I believe, where a black man like Obama could not stay at a hotel in DC simply because of the color of his skin. 2 things happened today, we got a new President who will bring in different policies and ideals to the office and we also broke some more ground on equality. I see no reason why people cannot comment, report, and/or celebreate one or the other or both today.
I, for one, welcome our new mixed-race overlord.
our?
FYP.Stay consistent.
Man you hate Rose. You're vicious. I thought you women with nice butts liked to stick together?
Nice. BTW, you're really passionate and mean spirited at times. Is this the English bulldog in you or something else?
I don't see what is wrong with people discussing that a black man is the President. I won't pretend to know anything about UK's history but it wasn't that long ago, the 60's I believe, where a black man like Obama could not stay at a hotel in DC simply because of the color of his skin. 2 things happened today, we got a new President who will bring in different policies and ideals to the office and we also broke some more ground on equality. I see no reason why people cannot comment, report, and/or celebreate one or the other or both today.
Yup, good post... and the bolded part is most definately true.I'm just annoyed at BBC's coverage, is basically all. It should be a celebration for everyone, not only the black community.
Yup, good post... and the bolded part is most definately true.I'm just annoyed at BBC's coverage, is basically all. It should be a celebration for everyone, not only the black community.
I am just happy to see the BBC not bagging on America! lol
I guess it's just sort of like when Doug Williams became the first black QB to win a Superbowl or when Dungy became the first black coach to win a Superbowl. It is/was a big deal because it was a stepping stone. And now if a black quarterback or coach wins a Superbowl no one will really look at his skin color anymore. I remember when Donovan McNabb came into the league he was being criticized for the way he played, he was often referred to as a black quarterback, but now no one really cares about his skin color, if he gets criticism it's simply as a quarterback.
I guess it's just sort of like when Doug Williams became the first black QB to win a Superbowl or when Dungy became the first black coach to win a Superbowl. It is/was a big deal because it was a stepping stone. And now if a black quarterback or coach wins a Superbowl no one will really look at his skin color anymore. I remember when Donovan McNabb came into the league he was being criticized for the way he played, he was often referred to as a black quarterback, but now no one really cares about his skin color, if he gets criticism it's simply as a quarterback.
I agree with this. As a conservative, and someone who hates any kind of racism/affirmative action/title 9/etc... it's totally logically that the 1st person to do something is a big deal. If this happens again for our 2nd black president I'll be in the "unhappy about the blatant racism" crowd.Also, I've mentioned it already, but I'll say it again here. I am very nervous about Obama. I am VERY nervous about the heavy majority of dems in congress. I don't think this will end up good for me as a small business owner. BUT... I'm extremely thankful that we live in a country that has peaceful transfers of power. Very few countries in the world go a day without some sort of political violence... and I will almost certainly go a lifetime. America is the greatest country in the world, and you can guarantee that I will be faithfully praying for Obama's safety and effectiveness the next 8 years that he will be in office. God bless the USA.
The birthmark is pretty ****ing big, it covers most of the left side of my chest and a little bit of my shoulder, the tattoo would basically cover all of it and would end just below the shoulder. It would'nt be visible to anyone unless I had my shirt off so I would'nt worry about job prospects or anyone making judgements, I just figure if I'm going to have something potentially unsightly I would rather have something I can choose rather than black jesus.
Well, I'm pissed off. I checked the mail today and didn't get anything about a new job paying me $250K a year, world peace, a balanced budget and he didn't even end the war yet.