What Have You Done That 99% Of Fcpers Have Not?

That place looks awesome! I'd love to hear the story!
It's called the Tiger's Nest (or Taktshang) monastery, and it's built in to the side of a mountain in Bhutan with like a 2000 foot drop to the valley below (though the elevation of the monastery is about 10,000 feet). There's this little scary staircase carved into the mountain that you have to walk up to get to it. It is a sacred building and non-Bhutanese are now allowed to enter. Tourists are only allowed to view it from the next peak over. However, I figured it was worth a shot and I climbed down to the spot just below where the guard was. He asked me if I was Bhutanese, and I did not want to lie so I said no. Strangely, he didn't believe me. I am just a plain old white guy, although I have darkish skin and have been mistaken for a lot of different ethnicities. "You look bhutanese. Go up." I think he just liked my vibe, I was in a pretty meditative place at that point in my life. I climbed up the steps and wandered into the temple. There were these little old bhutanese guys in ornate robes sitting in these little rooms, with the windows looking out over the cliff. Bhutanese bhuddism is pretty similar to Tibetan if you know what that is like. They have these old brass horns that they blow every once in a while that echoes through the valley. They looked up at me briefly and and motioned for me to make an offering to the bhudda-thing in the center of the room. Having no idea what to do I just kinda bowed to it or something and then sat down with them for a while. Was pretty surreal.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

• Electrically stimulated my brain with transcranial magnetic stimulation. • Been on stage at Carnegie Hall during a concert ( as part of an entourage, didn't play )• Sat with the monks in this temple

Have had a jellyfish thrown at my faceBeen chased by an Elephant Seal (they are big and fast)Swam into a seal (or it swam into me) in a ocean swim race. I hate sealsRan over two deer in two different spots within 5 minutes of each otherHad John McEnroe make fun of my grandmotherPlayed a D1 sportBeen told to f_uck off by a 4 year oldSprayed by a skunkNever been to disneyland

-been to 80% of the states in the US of A- burned down and abandoned trailor (friend did, i was with him)- played with trashbags full of weed- played 1 year of college football- there has got to be more just cant think of them

-seen the England cricket team play-walked on a glacier at 2500m with an active volcano underneath-eaten a Wienerschnitzel in Vienna-drunk 3 litres of dark beer and eaten Sauerkraut in a Beer house in Munich-Salvia-slept rough on a mountainside overnight-smoked hookah in an outdoor bar in Istanbul.-bathed in the Blue Lagoon-eaten shark.

I road on a plane with Hayden Christensen to the Bahamas last year...it was a small plane and one that you walk out to from the airport. As we were walking up the stairs to get on the plane, my little brother was behind me and then it was Hayden. I regret to this day that I didn't turn around and say "I have the high ground, Anakin, don't try it."

Hung out with Barry Sanders when he played for the Lions.Hung out with Charles Barkley when he played for the Suns.Got bit on the hand by a prostitute.Threw said prostitute into trash can and threw out in to street (ran a sportsbar in Cali in 90's)Met my wife on a cruise in the Bahamas.Got engaged in Canada.Got married in Vegas.Ate 152 chicken wings in 26 mins.

It's called the Tiger's Nest (or Taktshang) monastery, and it's built in to the side of a mountain in Bhutan with like a 2000 foot drop to the valley below (though the elevation of the monastery is about 10,000 feet). There's this little scary staircase carved into the mountain that you have to walk up to get to it. It is a sacred building and non-Bhutanese are now allowed to enter. Tourists are only allowed to view it from the next peak over. However, I figured it was worth a shot and I climbed down to the spot just below where the guard was. He asked me if I was Bhutanese, and I did not want to lie so I said no. Strangely, he didn't believe me. I am just a plain old white guy, although I have darkish skin and have been mistaken for a lot of different ethnicities. "You look bhutanese. Go up." I think he just liked my vibe, I was in a pretty meditative place at that point in my life. I climbed up the steps and wandered into the temple. There were these little old bhutanese guys in ornate robes sitting in these little rooms, with the windows looking out over the cliff. Bhutanese bhuddism is pretty similar to Tibetan if you know what that is like. They have these old brass horns that they blow every once in a while that echoes through the valley. They looked up at me briefly and and motioned for me to make an offering to the bhudda-thing in the center of the room. Having no idea what to do I just kinda bowed to it or something and then sat down with them for a while. Was pretty surreal.
Amazing! I'm envious!
I road on a plane with Hayden Christensen to the Bahamas last year...it was a small plane and one that you walk out to from the airport. As we were walking up the stairs to get on the plane, my little brother was behind me and then it was Hayden. I regret to this day that I didn't turn around and say "I have the high ground, Anakin, don't try it."
loooool
Amazing! I'm envious!
pah, that's not the 99 percentile.. off the top of my head, the whole army thread has orgies, and strat-lady grey are living in sin.
Pretty sure strat and lady grey just have e-sex.

Cool thread, it's interesting how many great mini golfers FCP has.I haven't really done anything cool, - Got my head cracked open by a baseball bat when I was 7- Broke my patella (kneecap) delivering newspapers- Applied to McDonalds and didn't get a job- Been on tv numerous times this year (every time they show a highlight of Van Ryn of the Leafs getting knocked through the glass by Boston's Milan Lucic)

Hitchhiked from Vancouver BC to Ontario (made it to Kenora, then had to take a bus - Ontario folks arent big on picking up hitchikers)Partied with Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz at Pure we met because we had booths beside each other.Smoke a joint with Ad-rock from the beastie boys (molson Park, Barrie)Partied with the fugee's at Canada's wonderlandDropped 40+ foot clifs, when I lived as a ski bum in Whistler(does everyone from Ontario live in WHistler for at least one season or what, LOL).Got arrested for throwing snowballs at mounties (also in Whistler)Started my own well on fcp(I'm almost 100% sure no fcp'er has done this, lol)
this made me lol
Supplied drugs for Vanilla IceHeard David Carridine refer to Darryl Hannah as a c--tMet/hung out with Ron Jeremy a few times (not a brag)Got kicked out of a school for fighting Todd Bertuzzi (his high school not mine)Got threatened to be sued by the WWEHave been stabbed twicemet Metallica at a 7/11Got alcohol poisoning after partying with Doug Stanhope
story?- won the $163 and $162 in back to back nights- played against chris carters son in tball- turned down chris carters autograph because i was shy- had an opportunity to eat dinner with jay fielder (met him before this and got autographs)- could honestly eat chinese food everyday- because of ^^^^ i have probably taken more shits then anyone on fcp combined- never deposited on a poker site- rode on an elephants back- ate dinner at some restaurant and bill parcells was a table or two away- been carded less times playing live poker than ddg