Why is it the girls have such a hard time grasping this?
Because they are twats. I kid I kidFor the record, I'm in LG's corner, I think Stefan should've won, and possibly Carla had she not proven to have no backbone in the final, and not just because I want free .gifs and for her to never E-stalk me. Your analogy is a tad off because just because a chef has a bit of a better night than another, I still want the guy that I know can put out the better product night in and night out. Cooking can't be quantified in a head to head competition when they aren't cooking the same ingredients.Warning: My 704th The F Word reference: On that show, Gordon and a celebrity have a recipe challenge. The celebrity picks what they want to cook and Gordon cooks the closest thing he has to that in his arsenal, and they a blind taste test with guests. That's a cooking competition, in my humble opinion. Keep in mind that I don't cook enough, just started watching cooking shows last May and have a limited pallet because I don't stray too far outside my culinary comfort zone, and no, I don't mean McNuggets
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this about this season. They had cool guest judges, and watching this season led be to buy "La Technique" by Jacques Pepin, which looks like an outstandingly awesome book, giving you 150ish illustrated instructions on various cooking technique. It's not a cook book, it's an instruction manual. Also, when I just looked it up on amazon, I apparently got a great steal, as it cost me 30 bucks, but sells on Ebay/amazon for around 100. So, this has completely untilted me about this season.

They all but admitted that they are humping when they see each other, which isn't that often since he lives in CO and she lives in NY

They all but admitted that they are humping when they see each other, which isn't that often since he lives in CO and she lives in NY
But there is always phone sex :club:
  • 3 weeks later...

Padma just did a carl's jr commerical.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8nJKa13sBoand while hot (extremely hot), Carl's jr is one of the most unhealthy fast food restaurants around, and I find it shocking that she'd endorse a fast food product in general. I honestly think it hurts her credibility. And ethical "foodie" never would be in a carl's jr. commercial. I'm sure she got paid a boat full of cash, but it disappoints me, in some bizarre way.

Padma just did a carl's jr commerical.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8nJKa13sBoand while hot (extremely hot), Carl's jr is one of the most unhealthy fast food restaurants around, and I find it shocking that she'd endorse a fast food product in general. I honestly think it hurts her credibility. And ethical "foodie" never would be in a carl's jr. commercial. I'm sure she got paid a boat full of cash, but it disappoints me, in some bizarre way.
Meh, there's really nothing healthy about being a foodie. So the health thing isn't an issue for me. I mean, maybe it's a really good burger, lol. We don't have those here, so I dunno.Google her nakie pics and you'll feel better.
Meh, there's really nothing healthy about being a foodie. So the health thing isn't an issue for me. I mean, maybe it's a really good burger, lol. We don't have those here, so I dunno.Google her nakie pics and you'll feel better.
Well..1) She's a super model, so if she does eat unhealthy food, she yaks it right back up.2) There's very little chance she's ever eaten a Karl's burger outside of this commercial3) I doubt she eats fast food in general, and probably mocks the fast-foodification of this country. It's the fact that fast food is both unhealthy and (generally) of a low quality, the one-two punch that makes it hard for me to stomach her doing this commercial. I dunno, it's probably dumb of me to expect a model to give to craps about the stuff she models for, but I guess I cling to the hope that Top Chef judges have a shred of integrity.
Haha, I was seriously going to post about this yesterday but I wasn't sure anyone would read it seeing as we're 'off-season' right now with Top Chef.Anyway, I think it is stupid and hurts her credibility as a judge, as did Tom Colicchio's diet Coke advert. It also makes me lose respect for her as a person though. I thought she was an intelligent, classy woman as well as being ridic beautiful, but this over the top, sexual innuendo filled advert reflects poorly on her. I mean, the last person to do an ad like this for Carls jr was Paris Hilton. She has sunk to Paris Hilton's level.
Anyway, I think it is stupid and hurts her credibility as a judge, as did Tom Colicchio's diet Coke advert. It also makes me lose respect for her as a person though. I thought she was an intelligent, classy woman as well as being ridic beautiful, but this over the top, sexual innuendo filled advert reflects poorly on her. I mean, the last person to do an ad like this for Carls jr was Paris Hilton. She has sunk to Paris Hilton's level.
Well, I think you give her too much credit w/r/t sex objectification. I mean, she's a model, for goodness sakes, a model's career is built on sexual innuendo. This, while more over the top than standard modeling, is still within the range of believable model behavior.I suspect we have our expectations of model behavior much to high, if we think they care about what product they endorse, or that they'd care about being overtly sexual to endorse it.
Well, I think you give her too much credit w/r/t sex objectification. I mean, she's a model, for goodness sakes, a model's career is built on sexual innuendo. This, while more over the top than standard modeling, is still within the range of believable model behavior.I suspect we have our expectations of model behavior much to high, if we think they care about what product they endorse, or that they'd care about being overtly sexual to endorse it.
While I love Top Chef, I have never been a Padma fan. First of all, I don't find her attractive (and this means a lot coming from me, my wife is from the same part of India that Padma is from, so I do appreciate Indian women), and I will never purge from my memory her god awful performance in Star Trek: Enterprise. If she were only a model this would not be so bad, but she has transformed her career from a model to foodie. She's been selling cookbooks since long before her Top Chef gig. How can we trust her culinary opinion when she is selling us those nasty burgers? Bad move, imo.
If she were only a model this would not be so bad, but she has transformed her career from a model to foodie. She's been selling cookbooks since long before her Top Chef gig. How can we trust her culinary opinion when she is selling us those nasty burgers? Bad move, imo.
This.She'd made the "transformation" and basically tosses it away for a one time hit that she probably didn't even "need". Remember Carl's isn't even that big of a chain in many parts of the country.
This.She'd made the "transformation" and basically tosses it away for a one time hit that she probably didn't even "need". Remember Carl's isn't even that big of a chain in many parts of the country.
yeah, but I heard that Karl's pays huge for it's celebrity endorsements. So it's easy for us to say someone doesn't need the money, and much harder when that money is plopped down infront of us.
  • 1 month later...

Bought the Top Chef cookbook for this missus for her birthday, It's really good, far better than I expected. Lots of behind the scenes stuff, profiles on most of the chefs, and just a staggering amount of recipies.

100_0379.jpgThe Dilido Beach Club. Jeff was not available. (I was too big of a pussy to go in, search around and see what was up.)
:moonlandingtry and keep up with the whole thread, please.
There was a whole discussion about the ethics of Padma endorsing this a couple months ago on this thread.
:moonlandingtry and keep up with the whole thread, please. There was a whole discussion about the ethics of Padma endorsing this a couple months ago on this thread.
Seriously. The last post before he posted that was talking about the advert. It's not hard to check the last page and see if it has been mentioned (and discussed extensively).
:moonlandingtry and keep up with the whole thread, please. There was a whole discussion about the ethics of Padma endorsing this a couple months ago on this thread.
This is the problem BigD... that discussion was about Carl's Jr. This was a whole NEW ad about Hardees. IN YOUR FACE!
Seriously. The last post before he posted that was talking about the advert. It's not hard to check the last page and see if it has been mentioned (and discussed extensively).
lol
  • 4 weeks later...
47103281.jpg47103310.jpghis hair takes him to the final four for surealso, apparently this is a "new" show so no Tom, Gail, Padma etc
should be interesting. I was starting to wonder about why padma was the host anymore. I thought she got the boot. Glad to hear padma and her boobs will still be shown.