***official I Got My Pistol Permit Today!***

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not forget that schools massacres and things like that just could not have happened without guns. even some gun control would have stopped any of those.
what about bombs? how can we get rid of these, remember Oklahoma City no guns used
lets not forget that schools massacres and things like that just could not have happened without guns. even some gun control would have stopped any of those.
School shootings are a statistically minor amount of gun violence deaths. They just get on the news because they are at schools, and because it's usually middle class white children dying . The real issue of gun violence is poor urban youths, the violence of the drug trade. There are many magnitudes more people killed that way than in school shootings. But banning guns won't keep them out of these people's hands, it will just make the guns more expensive, and create another violent black market that criminals will fight and kill each other to control.
School shootings are a statistically minor amount of gun violence deaths. They just get on the news because they are at schools, and because it's usually middle class white children dying . The real issue of gun violence is poor urban youths, the violence of the drug trade. There are many magnitudes more people killed that way than in school shootings. But banning guns won't keep them out of these people's hands, it will just make the guns more expensive, and create another violent black market that criminals will fight and kill each other to control.
I agree.
no we can get the guns out of these people's hands, we just have to multiply the military and police force by several magnitudes in order to go around and gather up all of their guns. these are violent criminals remember, I mean they own guns after all, so why do we need to be nice to them? if we give the police enough power, they can get all the guns off the streets and then they will be the only ones with any guns, and everything will be puppy dogs and ice cream.
no we can get the guns out of these people's hands, we just have to multiply the military and police force by several magnitudes in order to go around and gather up all of their guns. these are violent criminals remember, I mean they own guns after all, so why do we need to be nice to them? if we give the police enough power, they can get all the guns off the streets and then they will be the only ones with any guns, and everything will be puppy dogs and ice cream.
Till the robots claim their noble right.
The first part of the statement is correct. No guns no massacre no problem. The second half is incorrect, "some" gun control will never keep a firearm out of the hands of someone wanting to go on a mass shooting spree.Side note.If I could, I would much rather strangle Don Giovanni than shoot him.
thats good, because they're made of metal, and robots are strong.
I am not really at risk because I don't take too much medicine, but I look at it like long term care insurance, better to get it now while young, healthy, and robot free, than wait until I need it while old, decrepit and robot infested.
The "Guns dont kill people, people kill people" argument makes me want to vomit.So If we replaced all guns with teddy bears, people would still be killing?I think not.The world would be a nicer, more cuddly place.
Yeah, no kidding.It must've been so nice before guns were invented; back when there was no killing in the world...
Must have been. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days.
Violence is in the human heart. Gun laws won't solve much. Maybe reduce murder rates temporarily by a minute fraction. But I'd bet you see a rebound.Political instability seems more correlative to murder rates than gun laws. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count..._by_murder_rateActually, considering the cultural melting pot that is and has always been the United States, it's surprising our murder rates aren't higher.
Besides, has anyone seen a picture of Chrozzo?Give the dude a gun. It's his only chance.
Only chance or not, raping the pubgirl is not the answer.
The first part of the statement is correct. No guns no massacre no problem. The second half is incorrect, "some" gun control will never keep a firearm out of the hands of someone wanting to go on a mass shooting spree.Side note.If I could, I would much rather strangle Don Giovanni than shoot him.
well youre wrong too. in all of the recent shooting sprees it was ridiculously easy for the people to get their guns. if they would have had a harder time finding them then things might have been different, neither of us can say how different. people feel different when holding a gun. they feel unstoppable, unafraid, and powerful. this makes it easier for them to do these things. so if they have easy access to guns it speeds up the whole process. and have fun under obama.
people feel different when holding a gun. they feel unstoppable, unafraid, and powerful. this makes it easier for them to do these things.
I love how anti-gun types always try and project their own personal failings and abject lack of self control onto the rest of the world.You will find that at the core of every anti-gun type lies an inept child who believes the rest of the world is just as ill-tempered and incompetent as they are- as such," HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY LET THEM HAVE GUN!" because they themselves know that they couldn't handle one without blowing off their foot or shooting someone in a fit of rage.It's understandable... People with severe personal deficiencies can ease the pain by convincing themselves that the rest of the world is 'just like them'. Your "logic" here is just awful. Everything is based on anecdote, hypotheticals and emotional pleas. Standard, expected but lame nonetheless.
well youre wrong too. in all of the recent shooting sprees it was ridiculously easy for the people to get their guns. if they would have had a harder time finding them then things might have been different, neither of us can say how different. people feel different when holding a gun. they feel unstoppable, unafraid, and powerful. this makes it easier for them to do these things. so if they have easy access to guns it speeds up the whole process. and have fun under obama.
again, if shooting spree gun violence were a particularly large percentage of total gun deaths, maybe we should make laws with those in mind. Those are more salient to you, because they make such dramatic news stories. But again, the drug crime and gang violence is a much more significant percentage of gun deaths. If you really are concerned about gun violence, you should take away the black markets that spawn it ( IE legalize drugs) and not create more black markets for criminals to fight over.