Mucilage

Mucilage is superior to Elmers white glue- like, big time. The problem is, no one carries it anymore.I went to Wal Mart, they had no mucilage. Big Box Arts and Crafts store: no mucilage. Small, mom-and-pop art supply store: no god damn mucilage. I ordered a case of twelve bottles of mucilage from an online supplier. I anticipate it should arrive sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. According to my calculations, if I supplant all of my conventional Elmers glue usage with mucilage for the rest of my life, I will die with 3 bottles of left over mucilage.Which brings us to the question: What is the long-term shelf-life of mucilage?Does mucilage that has been aged for, say, a decade, lose any of its performance? Two decades?What can I expect out of three-decade old mucilage?Are there any ancillary uses for mucilage?How can I incorporate this mucilage into my daily life so my twelve bottle mucilage purchase isn't a typical wasteful and decadent vanity made by a stereotypical capitalist scum-dog pig? As the children of the world want for recreational adhesives, here I am, hovering over my mucilage horde much like a Jew hovers over his gold?There has to be more uses for mucilage. I will become to mucilage what George Washington Carver was to the peanut.

Mucilage is superior to Elmers white glue- like, big time. The problem is, no one carries it anymore.I went to Wal Mart, they had no mucilage. Big Box Arts and Crafts store: no mucilage. Small, mom-and-pop art supply store: no god damn mucilage. I ordered a case of twelve bottles of mucilage from an online supplier. I anticipate it should arrive sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. According to my calculations, if I supplant all of my conventional Elmers glue usage with mucilage for the rest of my life, I will die with 3 bottles of left over mucilage.Which brings us to the question: What is the long-term shelf-life of mucilage?Does mucilage that has been aged for, say, a decade, lose any of its performance? Two decades?What can I expect out of three-decade old mucilage?Are there any ancillary uses for mucilage?How can I incorporate this mucilage into my daily life so my twelve bottle mucilage purchase isn't a typical wasteful and decadent vanity made by a stereotypical capitalist scum-dog pig? As the children of the world want for recreational adhesives, here I am, hovering over my mucilage horde much like a Jew hovers over his gold?
gorilla_gluegroupmerge.gif
gorilla_gluegroupmerge.gif
I'd say a synthetic poly adhesive is a bit of overkill for adhering carefully cut out pieces of multi-colored construction paper into a cogently rendered mosaic of genius level graphic design.
I'd say a synthetic poly adhesive is a bit of overkill for adhering carefully cut out pieces of multi-colored construction paper into a cogently rendered mosaic of genius level graphic design.
"I ordered a case of twelve bottles of mucilage from an online supplier." How much scrapbooking are you doing?
"I ordered a case of twelve bottles of mucilage from an online supplier." How much scrapbooking are you doing?
I don't scrapbook. Scrapbooking is for faggots.I wanted to buy one single bottle of mucilage, but with shipping, I may as well have just bought a case, which I wound up doing.Now, here I am, with twelve incoming bottles of mucilage yet I only have an immediate need for MAYBE an eyedroppers worth (possibly, two eyedroppers worth).Thus, I have to develop a mucilage-usage stragegy, or, find peripheral uses for this mucilage.

Scram, I remember we were driving, driving in your car. At speeds so fast it felt like I was drunk. The city lights were layed out before us and your arm felt nice wrapped around my shoulder. And I had a feeling that I belonged, I had feeling I could be someone, be someone.

Scram, I remember we were driving, driving in your car. At speeds so fast it felt like I was drunk. The city lights were layed out before us and your arm felt nice wrapped around my shoulder. And I had a feeling that I belonged, I had feeling I could be someone, be someone.
Who told you to sing?
silly daydreamer, your never gonna be someone

I think the answer either comes in hoarding it until you have children, or hoarding it for decades until it is no longer available anywhere (as a glue), and you can resell your bottles as historical remnants of a time gone by when people used glue to hold things.

Mucilage is superior to Elmers white glue- like, big time. The problem is, no one carries it anymore.I went to Wal Mart, they had no mucilage. Big Box Arts and Crafts store: no mucilage. Small, mom-and-pop art supply store: no god damn mucilage. I ordered a case of twelve bottles of mucilage from an online supplier. I anticipate it should arrive sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. According to my calculations, if I supplant all of my conventional Elmers glue usage with mucilage for the rest of my life, I will die with 3 bottles of left over mucilage.Which brings us to the question: What is the long-term shelf-life of mucilage?Does mucilage that has been aged for, say, a decade, lose any of its performance? Two decades?What can I expect out of three-decade old mucilage?Are there any ancillary uses for mucilage?How can I incorporate this mucilage into my daily life so my twelve bottle mucilage purchase isn't a typical wasteful and decadent vanity made by a stereotypical capitalist scum-dog pig? As the children of the world want for recreational adhesives, here I am, hovering over my mucilage horde much like a Jew hovers over his gold?There has to be more uses for mucilage. I will become to mucilage what George Washington Carver was to the peanut.
Your doing it wrong. Trick or Treat night is coming up. Become the "mucilage house."Christmas is coming up. Become "mucilage Santa."Valentine's Day will be here soon. What says "love" more than "mucilage?"Easter will arrive soon. Become "mucilage bunny."You may need to order more mucilage before this ends.
godammit
Look on the bright side...if the need ever arises you could make one hell of a diorama.
Yep...I love you. Damnit.Scram,I use elmers to put repair books at school. I use it to reglue the block of pages to the spine. Should I use mucilage instead?
I like saying the word mucilage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MucilageHuman usesMucilage is edible, but tastes rather bland. It is used in medicine for its demulcent properties. Traditionally marshmallows were made from the extract of the mucilaginous root of the marshmallow plant and due to the demulcent nature of the extract, worked as a cough suppressant. It is used as a type of glue for paper. Some carnivorous plants with mucilage are used for the traditional production of a dairy product in Sweden, called filmjölk.