For those of you that haven't heard, there's a video from fox news sunday with McCain being confronted about his robocalls. The message goes as follows:"You need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organiation bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans."Here's a video clip of McCain defending this statement:

I was willing to write this thread about just this one statement made on behalf of McCain - Palin but I found others, which i will now post:"I'm calling on behalf of John McCain and the RNC because you need to know that Barack Obama and his Democrat allies in the Illinois Senate opposed a bill requiring doctors to care for babies born alive after surviving attempted abortions -- a position at odds even with John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Barack Obama and his liberal Democrats are too extreme for America. Please vote -- vote for the candidates who share our values. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008""Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats aren't who you think they are. They say they want to keep us safe, but Barack Obama said the threat we face now from terrorism is nowhere near as dire as it was in the end of the Cold War. And Congressional Democrats now want to give civil rights to terrorists."This is the type of thing that hurts America. It doesn't hurt a candidate, though each day I lose more and more respect for John McCain. These are strictly inflammatory statements, they are fear tactics, and they are trying to make people believe that Obama is going to turn our country over to the terrorists. All that Obama has done in attack ads is compare McCain to Bush, yeah, that's definitely comparable.Now attack ads are one thing, but statements like "not giving care to babies" and "worked with domestic terrorist" cross a certain line of decorum. Even worse they have the ability, to incite people to commit heinous physical attacks. A man at a Palin rally yelled "KILL HIM" referring to Barack Obama. Sarah Palin didn't condemn the statement at the time, though it was heard loud and clear by the audience and likely, Palin herself, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt though. The statement was repudiated by the McCain - Palin camp afterwards, but that's not the point.McCain is fostering this type of atmosphere. Someone could kill Obama, believing that they were protecting the country from a terrorist threat. Now, McCain isn't responsible for anyone that makes an attempt on Obama's life, but statements he has made could give such an attempt pretext. It's really just sad to see an American war hero seeming to care more about his own wealth of power than about what is within the bounds of civility. I subscribe to the belief that it is better to lose with honor, than to win without it, but that is just clearly something that McCain does not believe.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you want.We can't really go after Obama's record becuse he hardly has any.So we're stuck going after Obama's character based on the few decisions he's made.Like where to kick off his state senatorial campaign? William Ayres house.What is his voting record in Ill regarding failed abortions resulting in living babies? Let them die on the table.Understand, one man at one rally yells "Kill him" and the press throws out a myriad of stories about it. When it first broke they claimed many people were shouting this, when in fact one guy one time shouted this.Sandra Berhard says if Palin comes to NY a bunch of black guys will gang rape her gets zero coverage.It is very likely that the "Kill him" shouter was an Obama plant as well, since he was ignored and nobody else in the rally gave him the remotest attantion since he's obviously a loon.If you really want to fear a political side for being unstable, I think the left has the vast majority of nutcases who have a proven trackrecord of bombing, destruction of property, and making movies showing CGI assasinations of Bush and getting an award at the Toronto Film Festival.

For those of you that haven't heard, there's a video from fox news Sunday with McCain being confronted about his robocalls. The message goes as follows:"You need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, whose organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans."Here's a video clip of McCain defending this statement:
I was willing to write this thread about just this one statement made on behalf of McCain - Palin but I found others, which i will now post:"I'm calling on behalf of John McCain and the RNC because you need to know that Barack Obama and his Democrat allies in the Illinois Senate opposed a bill requiring doctors to care for babies born alive after surviving attempted abortions -- a position at odds even with John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Barack Obama and his liberal Democrats are too extreme for America. Please vote -- vote for the candidates who share our values. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008""Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats aren't who you think they are. They say they want to keep us safe, but Barack Obama said the threat we face now from terrorism is nowhere near as dire as it was in the end of the Cold War. And Congressional Democrats now want to give civil rights to terrorists."This is the type of thing that hurts America. It doesn't hurt a candidate, though each day I lose more and more respect for John McCain. These are strictly inflammatory statements, they are fear tactics, and they are trying to make people believe that Obama is going to turn our country over to the terrorists. All that Obama has done in attack ads is compare McCain to Bush, yeah, that's definitely comparable.Now attack ads are one thing, but statements like "not giving care to babies" and "worked with domestic terrorist" cross a certain line of decorum. Even worse they have the ability, to incite people to commit heinous physical attacks. A man at a Palin rally yelled "KILL HIM" referring to Barack Obama. Sarah Palin didn't condemn the statement at the time, though it was heard loud and clear by the audience and likely, Palin herself, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt though. The statement was repudiated by the McCain - Palin camp afterwards, but that's not the point.McCain is fostering this type of atmosphere. Someone could kill Obama, believing that they were protecting the country from a terrorist threat. Now, McCain isn't responsible for anyone that makes an attempt on Obama's life, but statements he has made could give such an attempt pretext. It's really just sad to see an American war hero seeming to care more about his own wealth of power than about what is within the bounds of civility. I subscribe to the belief that it is better to lose with honor, than to win without it, but that is just clearly something that McCain does not believe.
First of all, I don't like the Robo Calls. But factually McCains calls are true. Your facts are not accurate. The left atmosphere is infinitely more hateful. You should have read the hateful comments about Tony Snow after his death from cancer. Obama has the luxury of not having to attack as much because the Main Stream Media attack for him. See the NYT hit piece on his wife this past week. You are simply repeating the narrative being pushed by the MSM. You were their target audience. You are doing what they hoped you would but sorry your facts are wrong.
First of all, I don't like the Robo Calls. But factually McCains calls are true. Your facts are not accurate. The left atmosphere is infinitely more hateful. You should have read the hateful comments about Tony Snow after his death from cancer. Obama has the luxury of not having to attack as much because the Main Stream Media attack for him. See the NYT hit piece on his wife this past week. You are simply repeating the narrative being pushed by the MSM. You were their target audience. You are doing what they hoped you would but sorry your facts are wrong.
The MSM whining is getting tiresome. It's okay for McCain and Palin to robo call crap like this because the MSM is attacking them? For all the time Conservatives preach this I've yet to see the numberous attacks of the MSM on McCain's character or associations (please link them if you have them). It's right up there with McCain's stating he wouldn't be attacking Obama at all if he'd have agreed to more town hall debates, its kind of pathetic imo. If your plans/platforms are heads and shoulders above your opponents then stand by them don't throw crap against a wall and say you were forced to.While I readily agree that Clinton was the first to start throwing out useless hate during the primaries this notion that there aren't racist, hateful conservatives out there is a joke.Distorting facts doesn't make these statements factual and the efforts to manipulate half truths into fear mongering should be evident to anybody that can read.
^^^^
The left atmosphere is infinitely more hateful.
LOL. Only a die-hard conservative could possibly believe this. The recent GOP rallies have featured catcalls of traitor, terrorist, etc that were so embarassing that McCain had to finally step in and set them straight.Of course, McCain revealed how much he shares his parties biases:"He's an Arab" (crazy woman in crowd)"No he is not he is a good family man." (McCain)Um, I never knew being an Arab and being a good family man were mutually exclusive. That is quite the revelation from Johnny Mc. Instead of pointing the incredible racism of crazy woman's stupidity and noting that Arabs are not bad people, he decided to defend the attack by saying that no Obama is not an Arab he is a good person. Freudian slip, ftw?From Fox News spending an awful lot of time talking about Barack's middle name (again anyone remember them bringing up Kerry or Gore's middle name?) to Glenn Beck asking the first Muslim senator to prove "he is not working for our enemies" the far right has proven time and again that their best (and only) weapons are hate and fear.

Sen. Barack Obama set a new record for presidential fund raising in September, with more than $150 million in contributions, allowing him to swamp Republican rival Sen. John McCain in spending on advertising and organizing in the final days of the campaign.The Democratic candidate's one-month figure is nearly double what Sen. McCain received in public financing for the final two months of the campaign.Sen. Obama's big haul was made possible by his decision to opt out of the public-financing system, the first time a major-party candidate has done so in the general election since the Watergate-era reforms were enacted to curb the role of money in presidential elections. As a result, he enjoys the biggest money advantage over an opponent since Richard Nixon easily defeated George McGovern in 1972.The money advantage is clearly helping Sen. Obama get his message out. For the week ending Monday, Sen. Obama spent nearly $39 million on TV ads versus about $11.9 million for the McCain campaign, according to ad-tracking data provided by a Democratic official."McCain is in a shouting match with a man with a megaphone," said Evan Tracey of TNS Media Intelligence/CMAG, who tracks ad spending. Sen. Obama's September fund raising dwarfed even the $66 million he collected in August -- also a record at the time. About 632,000 new donors fired the September burst, bringing donations to the Illinois senator's campaign to $605 million overall since he launched his campaign at the beginning of 2007.The campaign said that has come from a total 3.1 million donors, in a campaign cycle when political giving has reached new heights across the board.That nearly doubles the previous fund-raising record of $375 million for a full campaign cycle set by President George W. Bush in 2004. And Sen. Obama has one more month of fund raising to go. In a video emailed to supporters Sunday morning, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe admonished donors to keep giving. "We're always on the lookout for expansion," he said.Outrage over robocalls?? How about outrage over not agreeing to public financing like he said he would?

I feel really bad for Bill Ayers to be honest. I think it is a shame that the media and the public are suddenly so interested in him, scrutinising and judging him for things he did as a young man. Sure, he was a member of a radical movement in the 60s and 70s, and as part of that group he was involved in bombings which can be seen as acts of terrorism. However, he turned himself in to the police in 1980, and since then he has been a responsible and law-abiding member of society. He had been living a normal, respectable life. He is still a strong leftist with radical views, but there is nothing wrong with him holding those beliefs now that he is not involved in terrorism and violence. He is now a philanthropist, who was named Citizen of the Year by Chicago in 1997 for his work on school reform. He is a good person and a good citizen, and he is not a 'domestic terrorist' anymore, as is so often implied by the media, and by the McCain-Palin administration. As far as I am concerned, being a part of the Weather Underground was a folly of his youth, and now that he is older and wiser he is a reformed character and should be judged based on who he is today, not who he was 4 decades ago.

Not sure what you want.We can't really go after Obama's record becuse he hardly has any.So we're stuck going after Obama's character based on the few decisions he's made.Like where to kick off his state senatorial campaign? William Ayres house.What is his voting record in Ill regarding failed abortions resulting in living babies? Let them die on the table.
Not sure what you want.We can't really go after Palin's record because she hardly has any.So we're stuck going after Palin's character and clear stupidity based on the few interviews she has given.Like why her husband is a secessionist? And why she flip-flopped on the bridge to nowhere? And whats the deal with TrooperGate? And why cant you name a newspaper or magazine you read? And why you think women who are raped should have to carry their rape baby to term? And are you really protected from witchcraft now?Oh, sorry I forgot if you question Sarah Palin you are sexist. But if you go negative on Obama, you are just going with the only option open to you because there is not enough in the record of a man who was state senator for 8 years, US senator for 2 years, and been openly campaigning for the Presidency for almost two years now to attack. :club:
Sen. Barack Obama set a new record for presidential fund raising in September, with more than $150 million in contributions, allowing him to swamp Republican rival Sen. John McCain in spending on advertising and organizing in the final days of the campaign.The Democratic candidate's one-month figure is nearly double what Sen. McCain received in public financing for the final two months of the campaign.Sen. Obama's big haul was made possible by his decision to opt out of the public-financing system, the first time a major-party candidate has done so in the general election since the Watergate-era reforms were enacted to curb the role of money in presidential elections. As a result, he enjoys the biggest money advantage over an opponent since Richard Nixon easily defeated George McGovern in 1972.The money advantage is clearly helping Sen. Obama get his message out. For the week ending Monday, Sen. Obama spent nearly $39 million on TV ads versus about $11.9 million for the McCain campaign, according to ad-tracking data provided by a Democratic official."McCain is in a shouting match with a man with a megaphone," said Evan Tracey of TNS Media Intelligence/CMAG, who tracks ad spending. Sen. Obama's September fund raising dwarfed even the $66 million he collected in August -- also a record at the time. About 632,000 new donors fired the September burst, bringing donations to the Illinois senator's campaign to $605 million overall since he launched his campaign at the beginning of 2007.The campaign said that has come from a total 3.1 million donors, in a campaign cycle when political giving has reached new heights across the board.That nearly doubles the previous fund-raising record of $375 million for a full campaign cycle set by President George W. Bush in 2004. And Sen. Obama has one more month of fund raising to go. In a video emailed to supporters Sunday morning, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe admonished donors to keep giving. "We're always on the lookout for expansion," he said.Outrage over robocalls?? How about outrage over not agreeing to public financing like he said he would?
I think Irish pretty well covered this whine. If you're so jacked about it then start fundraising for McCain instead of bitching about it here.
Outrage over robocalls?? How about outrage over not agreeing to public financing like he said he would?
I don't see that it is outrageous to opt out of a voluntary spending limit. There is never going to be an even playing field when it comes to campaigning, as even when there are spending limits, candidates and their supporters find loopholes and ways to evade the rules so that they can gain an advantage. It's a natural element of competition. Obama had no obligation, be it legal or moral, to limit his campaign spending. He never committed to public financing, he considered it and decided to go with private funding only. I have no problem with it, as I think TV adverts, flyers and buttons for political campaigns are a poor use of taxpayers money.
Not sure what you want.We can't really go after Palin's record because she hardly has any.So we're stuck going after Palin's character and clear stupidity based on the few interviews she has given.Like why her husband is a secessionist? And why she flip-flopped on the bridge to nowhere? And whats the deal with TrooperGate? And why cant you name a newspaper or magazine you read? And why you think women who are raped should have to carry their rape baby to term? And are you really protected from witchcraft now?Oh, sorry I forgot if you question Sarah Palin you are sexist. But if you go negative on Obama, you are just going with the only option open to you because there is not enough in the record of a man who was state senator for 8 years, US senator for 2 years, and been openly campaigning for the Presidency for almost two years now to attack. :club:
I am happy to give in to you that Palin is equally lacking in experience and ability to lead this country as Obama is.Isn't it funny that she's number 2 on our ticket, but Obama is number 1 on yours?
I am happy to give in to you that Palin is equally lacking in experience and ability to lead this country as Obama is.Isn't it funny that she's number 2 on our ticket, but Obama is number 1 on yours?
She is #2 in name only; it is not big secret Conservatives love her----much more than they do McCain (who they support with one hand and hold their nose with the other).I also dont agree with the first sentence unless you change the word equally to "much more" but that is an argument that has been done many times on this forum. The last line of my post was an attempt to point out the absurdity of the notion that Obama just came out of nowhere.
So instead of wasting taxpayer money to campaign, Barack did it with his own warchest? That bastard! The real problem here is the GOP is used to having the money advantage (See GWB's total above) and now that they dont they are whining about it. The poor GOP with their newfound poorness. It is amusing to watch the GOP bitch and moan about being paupers in this election. What a role reversal.I am much more outraged by McCain's assertion that going negative is ok because Obama would not agree to his wanting more town hall meetings. I am John McCain! Run the debates exactly how I want or I will have no choice but to go negative.....something I pledged not to do! Obey me or I have to break my promise!It is much worse that McCain promised to campaign positively and then chose not to than it is that Obama said he would take taxpayer money and then decided not to because he did not need to.
experienced != capable
Of course, McCain revealed how much he shares his parties biases:"He's an Arab" (crazy woman in crowd)"No he is not he is a good family man." (McCain)Um, I never knew being an Arab and being a good family man were mutually exclusive. That is quite the revelation from Johnny Mc. Instead of pointing the incredible racism of crazy woman's stupidity and noting that Arabs are not bad people, he decided to defend the attack by saying that no Obama is not an Arab he is a good person. Freudian slip, ftw?From Fox News spending an awful lot of time talking about Barack's middle name (again anyone remember them bringing up Kerry or Gore's middle name?) to Glenn Beck asking the first Muslim senator to prove "he is not working for our enemies" the far right has proven time and again that their best (and only) weapons are hate and fear.
Miami must have lost. The main topic here is an absurd overreach. The "fox news spending a lot of time talking about Baracks middle name" is an outright lie. It hasnt been mentioned once in the prime time shows for months, unless a Democrat brought it up.
I feel really bad for Bill Ayers to be honest. I think it is a shame that the media and the public are suddenly so interested in him, scrutinising and judging him for things he did as a young man.
Proof that youre a moron. Goodbye.
agree about the danger of palin
siigggghhhh. Shes not running for POTUS. And shes no less experienced than your number 1 AND has a track record of not letting her ideology influence her governance.Massive fail VB. You need coffee.
I feel really bad for Bill Ayers to be honest. I think it is a shame that the media and the public are suddenly so interested in him, scrutinising and judging him for things he did as a young man. Sure, he was a member of a radical movement in the 60s and 70s, and as part of that group he was involved in bombings which can be seen as acts of terrorism. However, he turned himself in to the police in 1980, and since then he has been a responsible and law-abiding member of society. He had been living a normal, respectable life. He is still a strong leftist with radical views, but there is nothing wrong with him holding those beliefs now that he is not involved in terrorism and violence. He is now a philanthropist, who was named Citizen of the Year by Chicago in 1997 for his work on school reform. He is a good person and a good citizen, and he is not a 'domestic terrorist' anymore, as is so often implied by the media, and by the McCain-Palin administration. As far as I am concerned, being a part of the Weather Underground was a folly of his youth, and now that he is older and wiser he is a reformed character and should be judged based on who he is today, not who he was 4 decades ago.
You are an idiot... read thru the Bill Ayers threads if you want a response
I don't see that it is outrageous to opt out of a voluntary spending limit. There is never going to be an even playing field when it comes to campaigning, as even when there are spending limits, candidates and their supporters find loopholes and ways to evade the rules so that they can gain an advantage. It's a natural element of competition. Obama had no obligation, be it legal or moral, to limit his campaign spending. He never committed to public financing, he considered it and decided to go with private funding only. I have no problem with it, as I think TV adverts, flyers and buttons for political campaigns are a poor use of taxpayers money.
This election is about a lot of things, but it's also about trust. It's also about whether you can take people's word.He has completely reversed himself and gone back on the commitment he made to the American people