I read yesterday that this weeks Meet the Press has made room for an unscheduled interview with Colin Powell. There is some speculation that he will endorse Obama for president. This would prove extremely embarassing for McCain and would most likely seal the deal for Obama IMO. Anyone else heard anything. I was going to link the article, but I couldn't find it today. It didn't much more than what I have already mentioned.Found it. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14665.html

Would you care to elaborate?
Endorsements are overrated. Of course it won't help McCain and he'd rather not see it, but it's hardly the "Kill Shot". FWIW, I think Obama will probably win, but this will not have an impact on the outcome. The fact that Obama has a lot more money and so much of the media is on his side is the reason he will win.The only American who's endorsement could change the race would be Bill Clinton's if he were to formally endorse John McCain...and that is obviously not going to happen.
it isn't consistent with his skewed, simple-minded view of politics.(flushgarden's asian sister-in-law 4 prez)
If she wins the work week will be shortened to 3 days and nobody will have to wake up before 2 PM. That and kittens for everyone.
If she wins the work week will be shortened to 3 days and nobody will have to wake up before 2 PM. That and kittens for everyone.
Kittens again? What is the deal with kittens on FCP lately? Spay & neuter ftw!

Normally, it would not be the kill shot. However, given the current landscape and the razor's edge McCain stands upon it very well could be.Unlike most liberals who are already celebrating, I think we have to recognize that it is only LIKELY that Obama has a nice comfy lead. I do not trust the polls. At all. So I wont believe Obama has won until McCain concedes.

Recently when one candidate gains the kind of momentum Obama has had in the last week or so, the pendulum soon starts to swing back towards center and things even out again. Anything that happens to keep the momentum moving in his favor is going to make a big difference at this point; it's the difference between snowballing towards victory or penduluming back towards a supreme court decision.

This would prove extremely embarassing for McCain and would most likely seal the deal for Obama IMO.
Disagree. A black endorsing a black wont swing anything, and as long as JSM keeps separating himself from Bush that connection becomes meaningless. Remember JSM disagreed with Bush on troop levels and strategy in Iraq, and was much closer to Powell's strategy.
Disagree. A black endorsing a black wont swing anything, and as long as JSM keeps separating himself from Bush that connection becomes meaningless. Remember JSM disagreed with Bush on troop levels and strategy in Iraq, and was much closer to Powell's strategy.
You could argue that the fact Powell and McCain were close on Iraq strategy would make it doubly embarrassing that Powell would ignore that and still vote for Obama (especially since it would be a prominent military guy choosing Barack).(Just saying you could argue it. I agree with you that a black guy endorsing a sort of black guy (how often do we ignore Obama is 75% white) will just play out as no big surprise. I, personally, would view it as a surprise since Powell and McCain always seem to be on the same page militarily)
disagree. The media (conservative and liberal) ignores it. That trickles down to us.
You can disagree all you want, but youre wrong. In his books and in his speeches he very clearly characterizes himself as black.
You can disagree all you want, but youre wrong. In his books and in his speeches he very clearly characterizes himself as black.
I think he just understands (like Tiger Woods) that even if you are not all black, that is how people treat you. He talks all the time of the influence of his white mother in his books. People just see what they want to see.

The real killshot would be for Bush to endorse Obama. Say of the two, Obama will best will continue the programs he has put in place.BOOM HEADSHOT

Well, everybody seems to have a positive impression of Colin Powell (including me) so his endorsment would be a major boost to either candidate. It's pretty rare for a major power figure to be as well liked as he is.

Well, everybody seems to have a positive impress on Colin Powell (including me) so his endorsment would be a major boost to either candidate. It's pretty rare for a major power figure to be as well liked as he is.
Colin Powell is a weak nobody in my book. His ideas are antiquated and he's more of a dove than a hawk. He would fit much better in the democrat party than the republican one.
Wait, I thought Powell and Rice werent black enough.... or so I have read around the net
If you read that, I am sure you ran across all the stories questioning Obama's "blackness" during the primaries.http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/01/mic...bama/index.htmlfor an overall idea: http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...G=Google+Search

of course... the whole topic of black enough is rediculous.... that is why I brought it up....I don't think it matters if Powell supports Barak... He was always considered not black enough for some reason

Endorsements are overrated. Of course it won't help McCain and he'd rather not see it, but it's hardly the "Kill Shot". FWIW, I think Obama will probably win, but this will not have an impact on the outcome. The fact that Obama has a lot more money and so much of the media is on his side is the reason he will win.The only American who's endorsement could change the race would be Bill Clinton's if he were to formally endorse John McCain...and that is obviously not going to happen.If she wins the work week will be shortened to 3 days and nobody will have to wake up before 2 PM. That and kittens for everyone.
I pretty much agree except that I do think Powell can calm the nerves of those who are uneasy about Obama's lack of foreign policy experience and ability to conduct the war on terror. McCain needs everyone, he can't afford to lose any of these folks.
Kittens again? What is the deal with kittens on FCP lately? Spay & neuter ftw!
Maybe the implication is that, if Clinton's endorsement can be secured, more pussy for everyone?