Daniel , I Thought U Were For The Obama Ticket.

While DN has commented, I would still like to point out that there is no rule that you cannot support the NRA and still be a Democrat. Lots of people like guns.I know conservatives who are pro choice and I know liberals (me!) who think our immigration policy should be more conservative.We do ourselves a huge disservice if we start really thinking that when you support a political party you have to agree with everything in their agenda. I am voting Democrat this election because I agree with Obama on about 58.44% of the issues.
I'll give it to you Cain, you are by far the most balanced Democrat on this site.....which is good.
How ridiculous is this? I have never had anything to do with any ad banners on this site. FCPInfo's post should clarify how the banner got up there. I don't micromanage any of the details on this site, and because of that you are insulting me? To this day, I still have not seen an NRA banner even once on this site. The only reason I would even know there was one because it was pointed out in this thread. My response is gutless? That is beyond absurd. What are you even insinuation here? That I am an undercover gun lover?
uh.....huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh ...he said "undercover lover"... huhuhuhuhuhuhbutthead.gif
Except when football puts him on tilt.
I do my best to avoid talking politics on sundays.stupid dolphins with their constant losing. pisses me off.
I do my best to avoid talking politics on sundays.stupid dolphins with their constant losing. pisses me off.
Can't be as bad as being a Seahawks fan this season so far. Damn how can a team with that much talent manage to be at the bottom of the NFC West? Unbelievable!

Who is against hunting, and why???People have been hunting for thousands of years!Hunting is natural. It is certainly better than farm-raised meat. I'm all for it, and I am a liberal. but I take liberal in the strictest sense of the word: freedom to personally choose.

Who is against hunting, and why???People have been hunting for thousands of years!Hunting is natural. It is certainly better than farm-raised meat. I'm all for it, and I am a liberal. but I take liberal in the strictest sense of the word: freedom to personally choose.
Please dont tap the glass of the PETA aquarium!

It's already been said in this thread, but supporting gun ownership isn't (or, at least it shouldn't be) a "Democrat" or a "Republican" issue. The reason the NRA traditionally endorses Republican candidates is because Republican candidates are traditionally the ones who support gun rights. You can be 100% certain that if a philosophical role reversal were to take place in some district and the pro rights candidate were a Democrat running against an anti rights Republican candidate , the NRA would be endorsing the Democrat with both barrels. I know plenty- like, a lot- of otherwise 'liberal' types who are completely in favor of gun rights. The 'liberals' who are against gun rights tend to be the relatively sheltered, fantasy prone ones who believe in delusions of a perfect world, feel the need to be 'taken care of' by the government, etc. You don't have to like guns and no one is trying to force anyone to own them, but I think you will find a lot of the NRA disdain is deeply rooted in mindless, associative demagoguery based on pre-contrived leftist talking points that are disseminated for the benefit of the 'unfortunate' part of their constituency who is unable to think for themselves based on analysis and reason (both parties have these people, FWIW)

Deer, elk & antelope provide some of the finest leanest meat there is. It's certainly healthier than cows fed on hormones or whatever other crap they put in their feed. As long as we've got game in the freezer beef is generally not on the menu. But Daniel being a vegan is against hunting but (just to get a rise out of him) apparently he's okay with people eating packing house beef. My hubby doesn't hunt for trophys - he hunts for the enjoyment of the outdoors and for the meat that goes in the freezer (though if truth be told, we probably pay about $436 a pound for it considering all he's spent on hunting over the years).

It's already been said in this thread, but supporting gun ownership isn't (or, at least it shouldn't be) a "Democrat" or a "Republican" issue. The reason the NRA traditionally endorses Republican candidates is because Republican candidates are traditionally the ones who support gun rights. You can be 100% certain that if a philosophical role reversal were to take place in some district and the pro rights candidate were a Democrat running against an anti rights Republican candidate , the NRA would be endorsing the Democrat with both barrels. I know plenty- like, a lot- of otherwise 'liberal' types who are completely in favor of gun rights. The 'liberals' who are against gun rights tend to be the fantasy prone ones who believe in delusions of a perfect world, feel the need to be 'taken care of' by the government, etc. You don't have to like guns and no one is trying to force anyone to own them, but I think you will find a lot of the NRA disdain is deeply rooted in mindless, associative demagoguery based on the leftist talking points that are disseminated for the benefit of that part unfortunate of their constituency who is unable to think for themselves based on analysis and reason.
Lol our governor and both senators are Democrats and strongly support gun rights. NRA endorsement though doesn't mean a whole lot to me since they are as extreme in their views as PETA is in theirs.
Lol our governor and both senators are Democrats and strongly support gun rights. NRA endorsement though doesn't mean a whole lot to me since they are as extreme in their views as PETA is in theirs.
They aren't "extreme". Gun rights is pretty much a "yes" or "no" question, with a few outlying exceptions. People who try and attenuate gun rights- usually based on technical matters they don't understand- take a one-way trip on the philosophical failboat.PETA is a bit different. While their issue is just as "yes" or "no" as gun rights, they're actively advocating for the "no" side, trying to take peoples rights away (the reduction of rights is a position that will always be much quicker to offend). The NRA is fighting to allow people to keep their rights- there isn't much 'middle ground' there when it comes to rights preservation.
How ridiculous is this? I have never had anything to do with any ad banners on this site. FCPInfo's post should clarify how the banner got up there. I don't micromanage any of the details on this site, and because of that you are insulting me? To this day, I still have not seen an NRA banner even once on this site. The only reason I would even know there was one because it was pointed out in this thread. My response is gutless? That is beyond absurd. What are you even insinuation here? That I am an undercover gun lover?
I believe you. You will still hate me, but I believe you.