El Guapo & Randy Reed's Cooking Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the best way to microwave frozen chicken nuggets?

in a deep fryer.

Hey, Dutch. I’ve got nothing to add. Just saw you posted last and I always enjoy your posts. I’m in the process of buying a house and it has a gas range. Pretty stoked about it.

Buffalo Chicken Wing DipIngredients:2 Blocks Cream Cheese1 cup Blue Cheese Dressing½ - 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce1 cup chopped celery2 cups shredded/chopped chicken2 cups shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar CheeseIn non-stick pan over medium heat, melt one brick of cream cheese at a time until smooth.Add blue cheese and hot sauce and mix wellRemove from heat and add celery and chickenSpoon into greased dish & top with shredded cheeseBake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubble and cheese is melted.Serve with Celery sticks and "sturdy" tortilla chips
made this for the super bowl party and it went over well! thanks for the recipe. Also made some white chicken chili/soup for the first time that everybody absolutely smashed

So I made some salmon fillets tonight. The standard way with a lil prudhomme seafood magic and some roasted potatoes. I took some fresh grape tomatoes from the garden and diced them up and combined with some minced garlic, parsley, and a small serrano chili and combined it with some olive oil, s & p, and put it over the salmon.It was awesome.

So I made some salmon fillets tonight. The standard way with a lil prudhomme seafood magic and some roasted potatoes. I took some fresh grape tomatoes from the garden and diced them up and combined with some minced garlic, parsley, and a small serrano chili and combined it with some olive oil, s & p, and put it over the salmon.It was awesome.
Can't go wrong with modified chimichurri.
What did you think? Taste, texture, etc.
I enjoyed it. The taste was rather neutral (not gamey, not heavy/bloodlike tasting like liver or kidney) and the way it was prepared it had a crispy outside and a soft, creamy like inside. It was simply sauteed with a lightly seasoned breading, had it as an appetizer.Off the top of my head I can't think of something that was really similar.

That is what I imagined. I have had foie gras and I was not impressed, it was really salty.Right now Jambalaya is about 3/4 done. I am making a healthier version. Shrimp, chicken sausage, chicken, veges, spices, rice. The only thing bad in the whole thing is the little bit of pancetta I used for the base flavor, and of course the starch of the rice.

Friday night, while very drunk and very high, I made one of the best burgers of my life. From the bottom up...bread, mustard, bacon, lettuce, tomato, burger, fried egg, mayo, breadIt was incredibly delicious. The other night I had a great veal osso bucco...the highlight of the meal was scooping out the bone marrow. I swear to any big fan of well-marbled steaks, you haven't lived until you eat straight bone marrow.

Friday night, while very drunk and very high, I made one of the best burgers of my life. From the bottom up...bread, mustard, bacon, lettuce, tomato, burger, fried egg, mayo, breadIt was incredibly delicious. The other night I had a great veal osso bucco...the highlight of the meal was scooping out the bone marrow. I swear to any big fan of well-marbled steaks, you haven't lived until you eat straight bone marrow.
Egg on a burger is fantastic.It's not even close to osso buco though, especially the marrow. It might be my most favorite food.

OK Hank,I sauteed some onions, red and orange bell peppers, tomato, garlic salt and pepper until nice and hot a slightly caramelized. Deglazed with rice wine vinegar and then added honey. (In retrospect I would use a splash of vinegar and some white wine). Then blended in a blender until almost smooth, out back into non reactive pot and reduceded. I added some more honey to sweeten it, because i used too much vinegar.It was good, not fantastic. It was missing something, and I am not sure what.

It was missing something, and I am not sure what.
Garlic. You used garlic salt? That's...that's not even close to real sauteed garlic. You're a much better and more experienced cook than me though, so there must be some kind of explanation. I hope.
Garlic. You used garlic salt? That's...that's not even close to real sauteed garlic. You're a much better and more experienced cook than me though, so there must be some kind of explanation. I hope.
Yes, I left out a comma.

I made this last week from Giada on foodnetwork. I was dying for Chicken Carbonara and hadn't had it in years so pretty muchfollowed the recipe. If I make it again I will use bacon insteadof the pancetta which gives it a better flavor imho.I took the whites leftover and added 2 yolks and used them forscrambled eggs later.I also cooked the spag in my fasta pasta, great invention.Oh and use the walnuts, nice touch.Ingredients2 teaspoons olive oil 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped 2 teaspoons minced garlic 2 1/2 cups whipping cream 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan 8 large egg yolks 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves Salt 1 pound spaghetti 4 cups coarsely shredded chicken (from 1 roasted chicken) Freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel DirectionsHeat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and garlic and saute until it is brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, cheese, yolks, basil, and parsley to blend. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook until it is just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain. Add the chicken to the pan with the pancetta and stir to combine. Next, add the spaghetti and the cream mixture and toss over medium-low heat until the chicken is heated through and the sauce coats the spaghetti thickly, about 4 minutes (do not boil or you might end up scrambling the eggs). Season the pasta, to taste, with pepper and salt if needed (the pancetta will likely add all the salt you need). Transfer the pasta to a large wide serving bowl. Sprinkle the walnuts and lemon zest over, and serve.

I made the incredible discovery last week that Bacon Turkey Burgers taste WAY better than Bacon Hamburgers. I know adding bacon is basically killing the whole idea of a turkey burger, but I bought the turkey burgers during one of my frequent "I'm gonna eat healthier starting NOW" kicks and then they sat in the freezer for a month, figured the only way they were going to be eaten was if I bought some bacon to go with them. Turkey burger + 2-3 slices of bacon + 2 slices of nonfat cheese + 2 slices of seeded italian bread + ketchup&mayo = Amazing

to GuapoI remember you saying that there wasn't enough meat on a bluegill to eat, so I wanted to show you something.Here is a single fillet of Bluegill...when cut right there is a great amount of meat on that fish.2721036055_310bfcdbe0.jpgand quite tasty too :club:

Valentine's Day dinner:4lb. bone in ribeye roast cooked at 200* for 2 1/2 hours, now getting blasted at 500 for 15 min or so to crisp the outsideRoasted potatoesFresh tomato and mozzarella salad with finely diced red onion and garlic, salt and pepper, chopped fresh parsley, and tossed in some ev olive oil. Gonna hit it with a splash of balsamic vinegar when I serve it.Gonna go eat now....