El Guapo & Randy Reed's Cooking Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the best way to microwave frozen chicken nuggets?

in a deep fryer.

Hey, Dutch. I’ve got nothing to add. Just saw you posted last and I always enjoy your posts. I’m in the process of buying a house and it has a gas range. Pretty stoked about it.

Emeril would be proud?EG - Gonna be on a cruise ship for Christmas. I plan on having a lobster tail for appetizer, entree and desert one evening.
screw lobster tail, the GOOD meat is in the claw.
Did everyone stop cooking?Randy - I forgot to tell you I tried your stew recipe, but I did not have all the ingredients, so I had to modify, but it was good.What's everyone making for Xmas dinner?I will probably do another turkey the same way, since everyone loves it so much. My crazy aunt is going to bring a ham, which I am guessing will be the most fatty salty ham ever. Oh, and a $4 bottle of wine (it will be a magnum too!)Not sure on the side dishes yet.
I just found out that we are hosting Xmas Eve. It's a big deal because for the last 12 yrs, since I started seeing Liz, I have spent that night at her parents house. Thanksgiving was such a hit that they have nominated me the cook and host of all future Xmas Eve's.Damn.I need to start working on a menu...
I just found out that we are hosting Xmas Eve. It's a big deal because for the last 12 yrs, since I started seeing Liz, I have spent that night at her parents house. Thanksgiving was such a hit that they have nominated me the cook and host of all future Xmas Eve's.Damn.I need to start working on a menu...
No turkey pastrami.
Did everyone stop cooking?Randy - I forgot to tell you I tried your stew recipe, but I did not have all the ingredients, so I had to modify, but it was good.What's everyone making for Xmas dinner?I will probably do another turkey the same way, since everyone loves it so much. My crazy aunt is going to bring a ham, which I am guessing will be the most fatty salty ham ever. Oh, and a $4 bottle of wine (it will be a magnum too!)Not sure on the side dishes yet.
My mother in law has xmas at her house and she bought a Prime Rib but asked me to cook it. I'm pretty excited in the pants over it.I'll need to find a good rub to put on the outside and any cooking tips would be appreciated, I'm a virgin at this.
i'd be really appreciative if someone has a good sausage/bacon stuffing that they'd like to share.
I used a bacon, apple stuffing at TDay that everyone liked.Brown half lb of diced bacon and set aside.Saute 1 onion and 1 cup of chopped celery in remaining bacon grease, remove and drain.I bought a chicken apple sausage from Krogers, can't remember the brand name butthey have other flavors and it's pretty common now. Remove from casing, dice and lightly saute in skillet. Don't get it to done since it will cook with the dressing.Core, peel and slice 2 tart apples (I prefer green) and lightly saute them as well.Add all to 1 bag of purchased, seasoned stuffing and add any other seasoning you like suchas sage. Pour on chicken or turkey stock to moisten and using hands mix it all together.Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes covered and then another 10 or so uncovered if you like it a little browned on top.
Easy, bake a nice bone-in ham with a good glaze. I can dig mine up if you like. Salad, Home made Mac-n-cheese and a veggie.Easy peasy and can't miss.
No turkey pastrami.
I thought there was a way using symbols and letters to post something similar to a hand flipping you off but I can't seem to remember how it's done so close your eyes and imagine me flipping you off.
I thought there was a way using symbols and letters to post something similar to a hand flipping you off but I can't seem to remember how it's done so close your eyes and imagine me flipping you off.
In fairness I have a confession to make. Shortly after you posted the turkey pastrami idea I say Guy (from Diner's and Drive Ins) make a turkeypastrami with the leftover turkey. I laughed and told Deb you'd be all over our asses if you saw it, hahaha.
  • 2 weeks later...

No one's posting here anymore huh? Languishing on the 3rd page - the shame of it.To get things rolling again, here is what I made for dinner tonight, and it was scrumptious:59yqkn.jpgCous cous (lightly flavoured with lime juice, nutmeg and parsley, and seasoned) with a "chicken" fillet and vegetables (courgette/zucchini, onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes) pan fried with parsley, salt and pepper. Cous cous can be dry so I often make a sauce with this (normally pesto and tomato sauce) but I couldn't be bothered today, so I kept the tomatoes whole and used the juice from inside to add liquid. It worked perfectly.Quick, easy and delicious. Pretty healthy too as the only fat added was cooking spray.

My mom married into a Mexican family, so every year we do tamales from scratch on Christmas Eve. This year, I'm bringing some desserts - chocolate/peppermint pinwheel cookies and lemon mini-cupcakes that a coworker of mine made last week.

Randy, you were asking about the prime rib. The best way to do it is to cook it as slowly and as long as possible. What I've done in the past is crank the oven up to 500, put the roast in for 15 to 20 minutes, this helps build a crust, then knock it down to 300 and leave it in there for a few hours.

My mom married into a Mexican family, so every year we do tamales from scratch on Christmas Eve. This year, I'm bringing some desserts - chocolate/peppermint pinwheel cookies and lemon mini-cupcakes that a coworker of mine made last week.
I don't see why you are so excited about 2 week old cupcakes....
I am making pork chops, baked potatoes, steamed zucchini and tomato soup for dinner. Drinking an Anchor steam and have a bottle of wine breathing.Simple, healthy and good.
Most of the time I will only eat baked potatoes I make myself. I bake it, cut a cross halfway through it, scoop out the flesh, put the skin back in the oven, mix the flesh with cream cheese and herbs+seasoning (and cooked chopped spinach if I have some), then return the mash mix into the skins. Creamy and delicious. It's amazing with the spinach in it, it turns a delicate pale green, yummy. And the skin is crunchy and chewy and delicious.
I don't see why you are so excited about 2 week old cupcakes....
ziiiiiiing.Just finished testing the first test batch of the lemon bars. They turned out OK, but I think they could use a minute or two less in the oven.i'm not sure what I'm having for actual dinner tonight - it was going to be a New York strip and baked potato, but I don't have the patience to wait for the potato, so I might just do something else.
I always go for the mashed over baked.
A baked potato, done right, is one of my all-time favorite foods. I love mashed too, but given the choice, knowing they'll both be made equally well, I'd take baked.