How Long Till Biden Is Gone?

With the gaffs piling up, it's obvious Obama needs to change...his pick for VPHow long till he does?And what will be the dem excuse factory response?Willing to change if he made a bad choice?His first major decision as presidential wannabe is a disaster :club:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the gaffs piling up, it's obvious Obama needs to change...his pick for VPHow long till he does?And what will be the dem excuse factory response?Willing to change if he made a bad choice?His first major decision as presidential wannabe is a disaster :club:
I dont think it is remotely possible Obama will change. Doing so would label him a flip flopper on important decisions and hand the election to the GOP.I am not even sure what you are basing this off of. Biden has been fine....I was impressed that he crossed the aisle to condemn an ad on McCain he thought was out of bounds. Dem excuse factory? How about the GOP spin machine? The GOP has somehow managed to delude itself that McCain made a great decision picking Palin.....someone no one had heard of two months ago, someone whose husband once wanted to secede, someone who is running on small town values and has a knocked up 17 year old daughter, someone he had only met in person once before he picked them. Just because the GOP has managed to get away with this pick (for now) doesnt mean it was not hilarious.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he did make the switch. Obama will do anything to become President. The big question, however, will Hillary accept the position? She has to see that Obama is sinking and probably would like him to lose so that she can get another chance in 4 years.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he did make the switch. Obama will do anything to become President. The big question, however, will Hillary accept the position? She has to see that Obama is sinking and probably would like him to lose so that she can get another chance in 4 years.
I would be very very shocked if he switched. Maybe Obama would do anything to be President but it's not like he's the only one (ie: McCain 2000 vs McCain now). Obama is sinking? Aren't recent polls showing the exact opposite of that?

I think this is an interesting question - If Obama knew that McCain would pick Palin, would he still have picked Biden?AndIf Obama could see into the future and see the effect Palin is having now, would he have picked Biden?

I think this is an interesting question - If Obama knew that McCain would pick Palin, would he still have picked Biden?AndIf Obama could see into the future and see the effect Palin is having now, would he have picked Biden?
the real point is that there is no way in hell that mccain would have picked palin if obama picked clinton. since the convention schedules are what they are, that's how i'd pose the question.bg, i'm not sure what you mean by "gaffes," especially in the context of the gibberish palin spews.
the real point is that there is no way in hell that mccain would have picked palin if obama picked clinton. since the convention schedules are what they are, that's how i'd pose the question.
Mike Caro had an interesting article about how McCain's position was why he had the better deal there.
bg, i'm not sure what you mean by "gaffes," especially in the context of the gibberish palin spews.
LOL, rheotric alachecky. She 'spews gibberish', which explains why the country loves her. All us poor stupid republican kicks ain't up to speed on that there learning and is fooled by a pretty woman with a shotgun and a moosehead on the wall. Of course we are so lucky to have the enlightened Obama to give us truth and honesty about all things. Why 170 days in office and he's ready to heal the country.But to answer your question with just a few recent Bidenisms:Obama: McCain was wrong for saying what he said.Interviewer: Well Biden said the same thing on the same day about the same issue.Obama DOH :club:LinkBiden: The political ad against McCain's lack of computer use were terrible.Reporter: Did Obama approve them?Biden: “I didn’t know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we would have never done it”Obama: DOH :tslinkAngry Liberal woman: What is your posistion on coal?Scared Liberal Biden; No coal, not in America, we just want to clean up China:Obama: $200,000,000 earmarked for new coal plants in America if elected presidentBiden: DOH :DLinkMore?Like the one where he said he was a bad choice, and that Hillary would have been a better one? :icon_doh:Or telling the man in a wheelchair to stand up? :icon_doh:Or when he said: “Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey,” he said. “If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem.”? :icon_doh:I could go on, but I think the point is made.You all got the smartest man in America to pick a VP that will succeed in making Dan Quayle look coherent
And Palin is...what, exactly?:-)
Palin is responsible for kicking Obama's butt in this election.Should Obama lose, the Palin pick will be seen as the single event that brought him down.So as bad as your side thinks she is, she's going to be much worse.I put it on par with how disgusted you guys must be that Bush stole the 2000 election with the Supreme Court, then packed the SC with judges that think like him that will be serving for the next 20+ years. That has got to keep you guys up at night.The recent campaign rally in Greenbay last week that Obama/Biden had that only drew 55% of the crowd McCain/Palin drew one week earlier shouldn't be seen as anything but an anomoly, not a sign of Obama's falling popularity.
Is that for real? Has it got any play in the media. If a republican had done that it would lead every news cast on the evening news. I have a feeling that was doctored.
Nope, real as rain.To be fair it's not like Biden is supposed to know everyone in the world's medical condition, but Bush was sure skewered for waving to a blind man...

I think that video is the difference in the media today. That seemed like an honest mistake, it has nothing to do with anything in the whole scheme of things, but as BG pointed out Bush was skewered for something equivalent.As someone who does more public speaking than I would like to, I give people some leeway with stuff like this. You are usually speaking with either a prepared speech or at minimum an agenda you are trying to cover. Your focus is on that, not on the nuances of the people in the crowd, and even if he did know about it before hand, it's pretty easy to forget in the heat of the moment, he corrected himself quickly. That's it.

I dont think it is remotely possible Obama will change. Doing so would label him a flip flopper on important decisions and hand the election to the GOP.I am not even sure what you are basing this off of. Biden has been fine....I was impressed that he crossed the aisle to condemn an ad on McCain he thought was out of bounds. Dem excuse factory? How about the GOP spin machine? The GOP has somehow managed to delude itself that McCain made a great decision picking Palin.....someone no one had heard of two months ago, someone whose husband once wanted to secede, someone who is running on small town values and has a knocked up 17 year old daughter, someone he had only met in person once before he picked them. Just because the GOP has managed to get away with this pick (for now) doesnt mean it was not hilarious.
Done attacking the family of the VP?Obama would be ashamed of you.
Mike Caro had an interesting article about how McCain's position was why he had the better deal there.
i agree--mccain made a brilliant political move choosing palin on the day he did. doesn't affect the fact that she's a complete joke.oh, and the country doesn't "love her," as you say below, lol.
LOL, rheotric alachecky. She 'spews gibberish', which explains why the country loves her. All us poor stupid republican kicks ain't up to speed on that there learning and is fooled by a pretty woman with a shotgun and a moosehead on the wall. Of course we are so lucky to have the enlightened Obama to give us truth and honesty about all things. Why 170 days in office and he's ready to heal the country.But to answer your question with just a few recent Bidenisms:Obama: McCain was wrong for saying what he said.Interviewer: Well Biden said the same thing on the same day about the same issue.Obama DOH :club:Link
obama has said numerous times that he doesn't care about biden agreeing with him and that he chose him because he thought he could help him govern best. if pres/vp disconnect is a problem, wat is the deal with anwar for your side?
Biden: The political ad against McCain's lack of computer use were terrible.Reporter: Did Obama approve them?Biden: “I didn’t know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we would have never done it”Obama: DOH :tslink
from your "article": The ad paints McCain as out of touch — and all but calls him ancient — but doesn’t mention that the Arizona Senator’s war injuries actually prevent him from using computers for an extended period.LOL. standard to throw out "omg pow" every time things get tough for mccain.
Angry Liberal woman: What is your posistion on coal?Scared Liberal Biden; No coal, not in America, we just want to clean up China:Obama: $200,000,000 earmarked for new coal plants in America if elected presidentBiden: DOH :DLinkMore?
obama is open to the idea of clean coal, not conventional coal power, and this has been completely consistent--he has never said that it's the best idea, but, and similarly to his stance on some other issues, is willing to budge on it if the alternative is a lockdown in congress, and thinks that it may be part of a larger energy plan. clean coal, although i am personally skeptical of the technology, is still profoundly different from conventional coal-fired power since the emissions are trapped and not allowed into the atmosphere. you are not using the term earmarked properly, either.
Like the one where he said he was a bad choice, and that Hillary would have been a better one? :icon_doh:Or telling the man in a wheelchair to stand up? :icon_doh:Or when he said: “Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey,” he said. “If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem.”? :icon_doh:I could go on, but I think the point is made.You all got the smartest man in America to pick a VP that will succeed in making Dan Quayle look coherent
this is all teh lol. mccain has consistently misstated acronyms of numerous financial agencies in the US, and his VP choice isn't even allowed to talk to the press because she tanks so bad when she answers questions.for each thing you call a "gaffe" that biden has made, i could come up with at least one mccain himself has made. not that i think that stuff like this should matter at all, and that it only furthers the ****edupedness of our political system.

There will be moreMuch more.Biden can't help himself, he's a walking speech screw up machine.And your sad dream that Palin will not be allowed to speak to the press is really grasping here. First she didn't do well against Charlie, then she got softball questions from Hannity, now she isn't allowed to speak to the press.Yea, those all fit together nicely.

Oh McCain is rivaling Biden this week on the gaff-o-meter. Sept. 15 McCain: "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" Sept 16 McCain: :club: DOH, by fundamentals of our economy I meant our workers, obviouslySept 18 McCain: "The chairman of the SEC serves at the appointment of the president, and in my view, he has betrayed the public trust. If I were president today, I would fire him"Sept 19 :ts DOH, the president cannot fire the chairman of an independent regulatory committee. he tries to fix it with: "I believe the chairman of the FEC should resign and leave office and be replaced". :D FEC != SECSept 16 McCain: Taxpayers should not bail out AIGSept 17 :D DOH we did bail out AIG. Well, I guess bailing out AIG was a necessary evil.

Oh McCain is rivaling Biden this week on the gaff-o-meter. Sept. 15 McCain: "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" Sept 16 McCain: :club: DOH, by fundamentals of our economy I meant our workers, obviouslySept 18 McCain: "The chairman of the SEC serves at the appointment of the president, and in my view, he has betrayed the public trust. If I were president today, I would fire him"Sept 19 :ts DOH, the president cannot fire the chairman of an independent regulatory committee. he tries to fix it with: "I believe the chairman of the FEC should resign and leave office and be replaced". :D FEC != SECSept 16 McCain: Taxpayers should not bail out AIGSept 17 :D DOH we did bail out AIG. Well, I guess bailing out AIG was a necessary evil.
Good tryBut we're really really stuck with McCain.You know in your deepest secret litle liberal soul, you hope Obama dumps Biden and gets someone that can do one tenth for him what Palin did for McCain.Maybe Obama/Clinton can be reborn like a phoenix, rising form the ashes of the bad decisions Team Obama has made since the convention and those stupid styrofoam columns and road flares.
You know in your deepest secret litle liberal soul, you hope Obama dumps Biden and gets someone that can do one tenth for him what Palin did for McCain.
Hey thats my middle-of-the-spectrum soul -- check the chart, buster. You know what you guys really need is a coup d'etat from Palin. Who needs McCain now anyways? In a few months he will be confusing Pakistan with Pennsylvania. Palin should just take over the ticket, and since you guys love her so much you can get her elected easily. Heck, she could even arrange for a bake sale and save the economy! And she'd totally fix our foreign relations, especially with countries like The Vatican and anywhere they happen to speak Tongues.
Hey thats my middle-of-the-spectrum soul -- check the chart, buster. You know what you guys really need is a coup d'etat from Palin. Who needs McCain now anyways? In a few months he will be confusing Pakistan with Pennsylvania. Palin should just take over the ticket, and since you guys love her so much you can get her elected easily. Heck, she could even arrange for a bake sale and save the economy! And she'd totally fix our foreign relations, especially with countries like The Vatican and anywhere they happen to speak Tongues.
Nah she's not experinced enough for the top seat.We'll put her in the second chair and let her learn the ropes quickly, which we are confident she can do because she's a capable woman.If we put an inexperienced person in the first chair....why, whe'd be democrats

He's not going to change his VP pick. He made the right choice, even if maybe the pick wasn't the politically optimal choice. The sort of things Republicans are harping on re: Biden are simply Fox News type talking point bullshit- "Sit back and leave the thinking to us..."Democrats who think that pointing out what the other guy is a valid defense for their own position/candidate/whatever are retarded, which basically means that 100% of democrats are retarded since that's pretty much all they ever do (Republicans own your souls in the moral equivalence thing, since it's only 70% common to them whereas it's pretty much the groundwork for all democratic politics)Again, yet another example why tit-for-tat partisan politics is dumb, as is anyone who engages in it.

Nah she's not experinced enough for the top seat.We'll put her in the second chair and let her learn the ropes quickly, which we are confident she can do because she's a capable woman.If we put an inexperienced person in the first chair....why, whe'd be democrats
Perfect. This is straight truth, and one of my biggest pet peeves right now. Hey, press, dems, unaware....PALIN IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!!!! Now, the thinking is she MUST be because we know McCain will soon be dead. Which is silly, but what should I expect? Not only is Jesus the number one but his followers can obviously see the future. We know she is not perfect for the number one spot. She......wait for it.......doesn't have to be. All she has to do is cement the Republican base while McCain chases down independents. Right now the only thing that matters is making sure the guy who wants to unify the world is eliminated, and he will be, in more ways than one. His legacy will be as the saviour who was beaten the white woman from Wasilly. Oh, it's gonna sting, but, it will sting more if he swallows his pride and brings in Hillary. So, he won't do it.
This is straight truth, and one of my biggest pet peeves right now. Hey, press, dems, unaware....PALIN IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!!!! Now, the thinking is she MUST be because we know McCain will soon be dead. We know she is not perfect for the number one spot. She......wait for it.......doesn't have to be.
She needs to be prepared to be president. Look, it's really not that unusual for a president to die in office. Eight of our 43 have actually kicked off in office, thats almost 20%. Given the stakes its really not such a remote possibility that we can ignore it. Putting someone so grossly unqualified that close to the most powerful job in the world is reckless.
She needs to be prepared to be president. Look, it's really not that unusual for a president to die in office. Eight of our 43 have actually kicked off in office, thats almost 20%. Given the stakes its really not such a remote possibility that we can ignore it. Putting someone so grossly unqualified that close to the most powerful job in the world is reckless.
The American public continues to shock me. The fact that this isn't obvious to everyone right now is ridiculous.I don't care if you put a non-Washington insider in office... it isn't even that.It's the fact that she is EXTREMELY unqualified! You can make every argument about Obama and I might even agree to lots of points about his inexperience. But Palin isn't even close and she's a danger if she ever has to step in. And if she seriously gave a damn, then shame on her if she thinks she should be VP or POTUS.Republicans... c'mon! If you really want a governor because of their executive experience, there are tons of governors that are greatly more qualified and are good conservatives like SP (which is what everyone is apparently cheering about). I don't even have to hit the internet to look... I can take my home state of Indiana. Governor Mitch Daniels, like him or not, is a million times more qualified to run the country on Day 1 then SP. It's embarrassing and sad that the Republican Party is jumping for joy over her. The state of presidential American politics is worse then it's ever been.
You can make every argument about Obama and I might even agree to lots of points about his inexperience. But Palin isn't even close and she's a danger if she ever has to step in.
Wrong. Her experience combined with her character are so much better than his, HE is the danger. And no one has to die first.And the 20% statistic is silly, vb. Dont ever run an insurance company (into the ground).