Palin's Private E- Mail Account Hacked By Left Radicals

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it actually confirmed that it was hacked? I saw the screenshots and didn't find it all that convincing. I've heard yahoo's password recovery procedure isn't very secure, though, fwiw...

is it actually confirmed that it was hacked? I saw the screenshots and didn't find it all that convincing. I've heard yahoo's password recovery procedure isn't very secure, though, fwiw...
Yes, it's confirmed. They used her birthday and zipcode (wasilla) to recover her password.
You have to love the liberal media handling of this.A woman's private email was hacked, and her private emails printed on websites to try to harm her.and their headlines?Palin doing public work on private email address.( Hi Checky )Exactly like in the 90s when a 'person' was randomly scanning and recording private cell phone calls in Florida, and just 'happened' to catch Newt talking about something he was told not to talk about by the courts.Oh sure they broke the law and violated the privacy of someone, but look how much we don't care about republican's privacy..we're going to give them a pass.And LOLOLOLOL that the Obama people are not remotely culpable. They've sent 30 lawyers into Alaska to dig up dirt, and low and behold her email accounts get hacked...What a leap to say they were behind this.Cause if there's one thing we can trust, it's chicagon politicians to run fair and honest campaigns.LOL
no political candidate is stupid enough to pull this shit after watergate. not even a republicani also knew about the private/public email thing a while back, kiddo.

You guys are grasping for straws here

BG, the issue of using private email for public business was an issue before the hack, and is probably what motivated the hack. For example, here's an article from Sept 14 (her email was hacked on the 17th):http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/52500.htmlPeople were upset because she was using this yahoo account to conduct state business and thereby protect her communications from public access. People thought she was trying to circumvent public records laws by pretending her emails were "personal". Was the administration trying to get around the public records law through broad exemptions or private e-mail accounts?Activists, still fighting to obtain hundreds of e-mails that were withheld from public records requests earlier this year, say that's what it looks like. The governor's Yahoo account is "the most nonsensical, inane thing I've ever heard of," said Andree McLeod, who is appealing the administration's decision to withhold e-mails.So to prove that she was actually doing this, someone hacked in. I'm not trying to justify the hack; but the state-business-on-personal-email story is not just a cover for the hack-job. See also from 9/9:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8090903044.html
So if you would like to go after Palin's use of a private email account....I'll counter with this!http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008...wal_129150.htmWHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence. According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July. "He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview. Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion." "However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says. Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate. While in Iraq, Obama also tried to persuade the US commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date." They declined. Obama has made many contradictory statements with regard to Iraq. His latest position is that US combat troops should be out by 2010. Yet his effort to delay an agreement would make that withdrawal deadline impossible to meet. Supposing he wins, Obama's administration wouldn't be fully operational before February - and naming a new ambassador to Baghdad and forming a new negotiation team might take longer still. By then, Iraq will be in the throes of its own campaign season. Judging by the past two elections, forming a new coalition government may then take three months. So the Iraqi negotiating team might not be in place until next June. Then, judging by how long the current talks have taken, restarting the process from scratch would leave the two sides needing at least six months to come up with a draft accord. That puts us at May 2010 for when the draft might be submitted to the Iraqi parliament - which might well need another six months to pass it into law. Text of the Logan Act§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments. Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects. 1 Stat. 613, January 30, 1799, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953 (2004).
You guys are grasping for straws here
So then you think its OK for her to use a private email account for public business when that is explicitly against the law?
I'll counter with this!
A broken link from a tabloid? And we're grasping at straws?
So then you think its OK for her to use a private email account for public business when that is explicitly against the law? A broken link from a tabloid? And we're grasping at straws?
A tabloid? Thats only a derogatory term wrt to British newspapers. The shape of the paper doesnt matter, they use the same sources as every other legitimate newpaper.
A tabloid? Thats only a derogatory term wrt to British newspapers. The shape of the paper doesnt matter, they use the same sources as every other legitimate newpaper.
It's known to be a sensationalist and biased publication. According to a study by Pace University in 2004 it was rated to be the least credible news source in New York. They have "accidentally" published Obama's name as Osama so many times that one wonders if balloon guy is manning the presses over there.
It's known to be a sensationalist and biased publication. According to a study by Pace University in 2004 it was rated to be the least credible news source in New York. They have "accidentally" published Obama's name as Osama so many times that one wonders if balloon guy is manning the presses over there.
Ok, then no one here can use the NY Times, Washington Post, Daily Kos or Huffington Post...They are known to be sensationalist and biased publications
Ok, then no one here can use the NY Times, Washington Post, Daily Kos or Huffington Post...They are known to be sensationalist and biased publications
Certainly if someone tries to post HP or DK as a source its not going to carry much weight. But you can't lump NYT and WP in with New York Post. New York Post is more like US Weekly.
So then you think its OK for her to use a private email account for public business when that is explicitly against the law? A broken link from a tabloid? And we're grasping at straws?
Yes, I am sure she was trying to hide secret Alaskan Business with email addresses like:gov.sarah@yahoo.comgov.palin@yahoo.comI have no problem with this just like you have no problem with Obama associating with known terrorists
Yes, I am sure she was trying to hide secret Alaskan Business with email addresses like:gov.sarah@yahoo.comgov.palin@yahoo.comI have no problem with this just like you have no problem with Obama associating with known terrorists
I think you are missing the point. She was not hiding the fact that she was using the yahoo email address. But since the yahoo address is not her official address she can claim that it is exempt from public records requests, like the ones that are currently trying to retrieve her email for troopergate the whole trooper thing. She has refused to turn over her yahoo emails because she says they are personal. If she is in fact doing state business on this account in order to protect certain official communications from public scrutiny that is both illegal and pretty slimy.
I think you are missing the point. She was not hiding the fact that she was using the yahoo email address. But since the yahoo address is not her official address she can claim that it is exempt from public records requests, like the ones that are currently trying to retrieve her email for troopergate the whole trooper thing. She has refused to turn over her yahoo emails because she says they are personal. If she is in fact doing state business on this account in order to protect certain official communications from public scrutiny that is both illegal and pretty slimy.
Do you think the hacking was justified in an effort to determine if she was, indeed, using private email for public business (innocently or otherwise).
Do you think the hacking was justified in an effort to determine if she was, indeed, using private email for public business (innocently or otherwise).
No. However, I think the part in parentheses is horse manure. Since the Bush Admin got raked over the coals for using private email for public business, she should know better (unless this is just another one of those things she doesnt know about).
No. However, I think the part in parentheses is horse manure. Since the Bush Admin got raked over the coals for using private email for public business, she should know better (unless this is just another one of those things she doesnt know about).
The parenthetical was to simply to avoid debate about motives, since I havent even seen anything that shows the hacked email revealed anything illegal. Have you?
The parenthetical was to simply to avoid debate about motives, since I havent even seen anything that shows the hacked email revealed anything illegal. Have you?
They are suggestive but entirely inconclusive. I agree that we don't know what she was doing with that account.
Hey...I would never accidently do that to Barry