Ask Me Questions About Prison

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You might be thinking about The Godfather.

Not sure if this has been asked or not.
I mean...it's not a very long thread. Scram, if you were sentenced to life without possibility of parole (assuming you weren't able to hit the road and couldn't bring yourself to suicide), would you consider a wee bit of the gayness on the inside?Edit: that last phrase should be read in the voice of a leprechaun
I honestly don't know if I'd do it again or not. Part of me says yes, part of me says no, but I'm sure in time this will eventually resolve into a finite answer. Right now, I'm leaning towards "yes", but let things change in my life where I need to get a job but can't, this might change.
Makes sense to me. What was the hardest vermin to get used to; roaches, rats, lice, bedbugs?Did you have the top or bottom bunk?
Scram, if you were sentenced to life without possibility of parole (assuming you weren't able to hit the road and couldn't bring yourself to suicide), would you consider a wee bit of the gayness on the inside?
I've talked to a lot of guys about that; it's pretty common for lots of people who are locked up for life to never engage in that stuff. I seriously don't think I would, but there's no telling what your mind would evolve into after year 14 with no prospect of ever getting out.
What was the hardest vermin to get used to; roaches, rats, lice, bedbugs?Did you have the top or bottom bunk?
Our place was actually very clean. The institution manager (aka- "warden") was extremely hard core about that. I had top bunk until a cellie switch, when I took bottom.That's how bunk arrangements usually worked. Cel seniority usually gets bottom, unless the senior cellie is a huge poon and winds up with a mean cel mate who tells him to GTFO and takes it.
what's the meanest thing you ever saw a guard do to someone?what's the meanest thing a guard ever did to you?if you ever saw the worst guard in the joint at 3am and no one was around for miles would you test him?
The guards were just retards. Imagine retards with total authority. They screamed and hollered a lot. It's worth mentioning that the 'attitude' of guards tends to inversely correlate to the security level of the institution. You are more likely to find pushy assholes at the lower security levels- where people are just keeping their heads down and waiting to go home- than you will in places full of hardened psychopaths with nothing to lose. As far as my running into the guard I hated most on the outs, yes, I would most definitely walk straight up to him and spit in his face. He was a classic example of the 5'5, 120 pound "police officer" who, absent the badge and weapon (and the massive consequence that would be incurred for kicking his ass while locked up), would crumble like a dried pile of shit in a tornado.
How rare are people like this - http://www.chefjeffcooked.com/who get out and don't just tank?
Far more common than you think. The recidivism rate is around 60%, which means that 40% former inmates put their incarceration behind them and move on as best they can.Even the 60% is pretty 'false', though. The problem is, due to the way society deals with people who have "records" and the advent of $9.95 background checks, getting a meaningful job is next to impossible. This means that people who genuinely want to reform aren't allowed to, no matter how much they try. If you are a 40 year old man who just did a nickel for some drug charge, get let out of the joint, go back to your family and cannot even get hired on at McDonalds, what are you going to do when the fridge is empty, your 7 year old girl is asking "when are we going to eat dinner again?"This isn't a distant example- it's actually a common example. I'd say that a full 25% of people who get locked up are totally broken and will never be productive citizens again. That leaves 75%- millions and millions of people- who could be productive citizens, but society won't let them.
The problem is, due to the way society deals with people who have "records" and the advent of $9.95 background checks, getting a meaningful job is next to impossible. This means that people who genuinely want to reform aren't allowed to, no matter how much they try. If you are a 40 year old man who just did a nickel for some drug charge, get let out of the joint, go back to your family and cannot even get hired on at McDonalds, what are you going to do when the fridge is empty, your 7 year old girl is asking "when are we going to eat dinner again?"
I'm a big believer in killing two birds with one stone, so...eat the kid.
I didn't bother to read any questions or responses.
That was my point. I don't care, just felt like being a dick.
Hi ScramWere you allowed any personal items like photos? What sort of thing and how much was allowed?
As far as stuff you could "bring in", a few photos and a bible, that's it. Married inmates can have a gold wedding band. Anything else is either provided by the institution, or bought from the canteen.When I was in county awaiting transfer, they allowed books to be given by relatives- right after sentencing, my uncle gave me a 4th edition copy of Security Analysis (it's kinda hard to get- it was the last one edited by Graham and Dodd) which I took with me on the transport bus and hoped to have for study during my bit. As soon as I got there, it was confiscated. They told me it would go to the library, but it never showed up (I'm 100% certain that none of the retard guards or administrators had any use for that book, so I'm sure they just ebayed it)
well you gotta save up money...only use for taxpayers' money when it comes to prison...more walls, more bars and more guards
Damn you, Warden.... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!