Ask Me Questions About Prison

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You might be thinking about The Godfather.

Did you ever drink some of the moonshine. Ive heard you can make some by soaking bread, sugar, and water than let in ferment for days in the sun.Also is the goof word really that bad? finally is the web tattoo on the elbow really a sign of killing for the cause in the white supremist world?

Did you ever drink some of the moonshine. Ive heard you can make some by soaking bread, sugar, and water than let in ferment for days in the sun.Also is the goof word really that bad? finally is the web tattoo on the elbow really a sign of killing for the cause in the white supremist world?
There were people who made joint juice while I was in, but it was rare. Also, the whole tattoo thing, while it went on, wasn't as common in the medium as it is in the higher security levels.

This one guy who landed in my prison....young punk...Mr. Rock n Roll. He befriended another inmate and then came up with some story about his new friend was really innocent of murder. I faked him into having a cig then had him shot.HAHAHAHA!!Sucker!

so you could never sleep in while you were in there?
You could, but it was loud and when they did bed checks, they shined the light in your cel so you had to sleep on your side. If a guard didn't like you or your cellie, he'd "ping" your cel when he walked by every 1/2 hour, which means he'd bang his maglite against the bars and you'd wake up every 1/2 hour.There was this retard two down from us who got pinged all the time.
You could, but it was loud and when they did bed checks, they shined the light in your cel so you had to sleep on your side. If a guard didn't like you or your cellie, he'd "ping" your cel when he walked by every 1/2 hour, which means he'd bang his maglite against the bars and you'd wake up every 1/2 hour.There was this retard two down from us who got pinged all the time.
So, basically it's hard to get good sleep in prison.

When u were dealing with the court system, did u have a public defender or a hired lawyer?Do you think things turn out different had it been the other way with representation?

When u were dealing with the court system, did u have a public defender or a hired lawyer?Do you think things turn out different had it been the other way with representation?
I hired an attorney.In the state system, the quality of public defenders can be atrociously low. Also, I wasn't indigent and I don't think I would've qualified anyway (I'm not 100% sure how that works). What I do know is that there was no way in hell I was going to bank my future on the 'efforts' of some 27 year old girl fresh out of law school.In my particular case, the trial itself was simply a long-winded sentencing mitigator, since guilt wasn't in question, the prosecution was going for an overkill sentence and a plea wasn't going to happen. Sentencing memorandum wouldn't have adequately addressed the factual textures of the case and given what the prosecution was going after, a trial was a foregone conclusion.One thing any defender- public or private- cannot do is "unguilty" their designated client, which is something a lot of defendants forget. Private attorneys have it pretty bad in that first-timers inexperienced with the justice system throw a bunch of money at a private attorney and expect the attorney to just make it all go away... then, when they get locked up, they think their attorney has failed. I had realistic expectations going in and my attorney definitely met them.By all accounts, the Federal system is an exception to this, where the court appointed defenders are usually extremely high caliber litigators.People often cite OJ Simpson as being an example of how money can impact on the criminal justice system. In his case, it was maybe 5% true. OJ Simpson was more of an example of what happens when a famous black athlete is accused of a crime by police who they have on tape saying "nigger" being decided by a 12 person jury- 8 of them blacks- from a region where blacks have a long standing hostility towards police. With those circumstances in play, OJ could've probably won that case if his lawyers were Corky from Life Goes On and Peter Griffin.
OJ Simpson was more of an example of what happens when a famous black athlete is accused of a crime by police who they have on tape saying "nigger" being decided by a 12 person jury- 8 of them blacks- from a region where blacks have a long standing hostility towards police. With those circumstances in play, OJ could've probably won that case if his lawyers were Corky from Life Goes On and Peter Griffin.
You are correct about the circumstances of his acquittal, but on the other hand the fact that he is (was) rich and famous is also the entire reason he got off. If he hadn't been a major celebrity it seems unlikely that it even would have gone to court, considering the evidence against him. It wasn't so much his wealth as his celebrity that helped him I guess.
The goof word is it really that bad?
im not sure about in the states,but in canada it is basically the worst thing you can say to a guy...if someone calls you a goof and you dont instantly clock the guy or atleast to agree to go to the back of the range or bathroom to shoot a fair one,u will be labeled a bitch/punk and will be treated accordinglyin a situation like this its better to fight and lose,then to just take the punkcome to think of it in most cases thats applicable
You know what you don't see alot of? Asians in prison. I'd imagine they'd get ganged rape pretty regularly due to their body structure.
LMFAO ... this thread is like a truck with no brakes that just crested a mountaintop and is rolling down the first few inches of downslope.