L O L ... Gustov - The Politicizing Of A Hurricane

It's a horrible thing to even consider or think about but neither party can ignore it. They have no choice really. They have to react to this and make statements, posture, look concerned, etc.....and it just seems a little ... sleezy? Am I wrong?Now I know there is genuine concern and commitment to help out at all costs on both sides, no doubt about it. But there also is, in the back corner, the thing no one can ignore...there are points to be made as well.Just a sick fact of politics.It's a little embarrassing watching this storm bear down and the parties camps reactions to it. It's unfortunate that a crisis like this should come at all obviously, but even more so that is would happen to come just before a major election. The bottom line is, which ever party comes off looking the most genuinely concerned, without going over the top, could gain some points here.Both camps know it...and....well, ........bleh.God help those folks down there.

Heh, I was at the beach in Alabama and had to cut my vacation short. It looked as if it would strengthen to a category 5 by the time it hit, but it's looking like it won't be as bad now (3 or 4), so that's a relief. People are taking this one very seriously, especially in New Orleans.

Politicizing a natural disaster?!Nooooooooooo:P that's never been done before! (sw)Heh, I hate to say it, but politics have been sleazy for decades. I feel dirty watching all campaigns, but I love government so much... feel almost forced to watch

Totally exists though... Totally!!
And completely loving, too!!!!!!!just...ignore my signature
Politicizing a natural disaster?!Nooooooooooo :club: that's never been done before! (sw)Heh, I hate to say it, but politics have been sleazy for centuries. I feel dirty watching all campaigns, but I love government so much... feel almost forced to watch
FYP
DUD.Not another Katrina.And LOL at the news media. Suckers.
the only think I have found laughable so far is the media, while being proven otherwise, is still acting like could have serious devastating effects. When everyone comes out and says all the work they did on the levees and infrastructure has been validated it will take over the #1 laughable offense of Gustav.

Hurricanes are really important, actually. The southeast was in a huge drought a while ago, and the regular rains from cold fronts just couldn't keep up. It was a hurricane (I forget which) that that brought the necessary water. Also, hurricanes redistribute heat energy from the equator to the poles, which is even more important. Trying to use their existence to disprove God is ridiculous, quite franklin.

Hurricanes are really important, actually. The southeast was in a huge drought a while ago, and the regular rains from cold fronts just couldn't keep up. It was a hurricane (I forget which) that that brought the necessary water. Also, hurricanes redistribute heat energy from the equator to the poles, which is even more important. Trying to use their existence to disprove God is ridiculous, quite franklin.
plus you know, they're a real sweet way to smite all those sinners down there.

I never really thought Fox News was really slanted until I saw this morning's headlines:The Drought is Over in Southern Louisiana!But seriously...cancel the balloon drop? That's just stupid

God help them from their own mayor, even...I saw him on CNN and he said Gustav was the Storm of the Century. If that's not some kind of panic inducing statement, I don't know what is. IMO, the responsible thing to say would have been to indicate that Gustav had the POTENTIAL to be as devastating as Katrina, that the threat was real and people should take as much precaution as possible. Besides, it's early in the century yet. I'm sure we've got some real beast storms coming up that will make Katrina looks like a sunshower.

plus you know, they're a real sweet way to smite all those sinners down there.
LOL, I laughed so hard when Pat Robertson said that.
ditto, plus the entire last sentence doesnt make sense.
I was referring to Suited Up's sarcastic comment about God not existing.