Jt, Less Than 10bb

Playing the $2.20, 2k turbo again. Is this an easy push with my stack getting low? The play in these is quite bad - people call pretty light, which makes stealing a bit of a challenge.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 350.00 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (1840.00)Button (6665.00)SB (10120.00)BB (5380.00)UTG (9910.00)UTG+1 (5181.00)MP1 (4365.00)Hero (MP2) (3100.00)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Jdiamond.gif, 10heart.gif3 folds, Hero ???

Ship it in.If you do get called, there is a good chance that both your cards are live. Something that I slightly less likely if you hold something like KJ or QJ since they are going to be needing a better hand to call it with.You have a pretty small M. You have first in Vig. I think it's a pretty standard shove.+FEEDIT: Devil Post

fold unless blinds are going up before you complete another orbit. youre not short enough to push with jack high yet. JTs is a bit tougher.
What are you pushing with here?
i fold it but i also add A8-A10 to copernicus's push range. M~10 just means your fuel light is blinking not that your running on empty. fold that jack high and wait a little longer.
A8-T are in my range at a tight table or near the bubble where youve got a bit more FE.
i fold it but i also add A8-A10 to copernicus's push range. M~10 just means your fuel light is blinking not that your running on empty. fold that jack high and wait a little longer.
Blinds are 175/350 with an ante (can't remember how much) and I have 3100 chips. My M is well below 10.
AJ+, connected broadways, 55+ (or any pair if blinds arent habitual defenders)
Just to give you an idea of the looseness of the play in these, I had recently doubled up when a larger stack made what looked like a standard steal raise on the Button and I shoved over the top in the SB w/ 22, expecting him to fold. He made the call with K9s and I dodged the overcards.
Just to give you an idea of the looseness of the play in these, I had recently doubled up when a larger stack made what looked like a standard steal raise on the Button and I shoved over the top in the SB w/ 22, expecting him to fold. He made the call with K9s and I dodged the overcards.
how deep was it at that point? If its less than 20bb then calling was probably right.
how deep was it at that point? If its less than 20bb then calling was probably right.
I just went back and found the hand in my HH. He had K4s, not K9s, my stack was about 19BB and his was at 33BB. He raised to 300 at blinds of 100/200, I pushed, he called off more than 1/2 his stack. There's no way that's the right move.But even if he did have K9s instead of K4s, I would have to be restealing pretty wide for his call to be good, no?
I just went back and found the hand in my HH. He had K4s, not K9s, my stack was about 19BB and his was at 33BB. He raised to 300 at blinds of 100/200, I pushed, he called off more than 1/2 his stack. There's no way that's the right move.But even if he did have K9s instead of K4s, I would have to be restealing pretty wide for his call to be good, no?
No, if hes that deep its an awful call.
AJ+, connected broadways, 55+ (or any pair if blinds arent habitual defenders)
I fold JT. People overvalue "we might have two live cards here." IMO.JT vs KQ sucks. JT vs KJ AJ, AT really sucks.Even JT vs 88 isn't great.Point being, when we get called, we're never going to be ahead. We're going to be up against overs, pairs and in some cases, we're going to be dominated.
I fold JT. People overvalue "we might have two live cards here." IMO.JT vs KQ sucks. JT vs KJ AJ, AT really sucks.Even JT vs 88 isn't great.Point being, when we get called, we're never going to be ahead. We're going to be up against overs, pairs and in some cases, we're going to be dominated.
What do you play at this stage with this stack against these stacks? What are you looking for?

i'd prefer pushing with J10 in this spot over 22.......too many people call you with 44-99 thinking it's a race against two overs cause that's what they see on t.v. as for the original post....I shove with J10 here all day long with 10bbs in this situation. You can argue to wait for a better spot but what if one doesn't come and you end up all in with 93..? Take a stand now.

If I'm pushing JT here I'm doing it to steal - I don't want to be called because I'm not in good shape against the range of calling hands. So it seems to me that the key factor is how likely I am to be called here. In a $2.20 turbo tourney the likelihood of getting called may be too high to make this +ev here (though I'm pushing from Button and possibly CO every time).

With the stack sizes the way they are. I think the only person we are really worried about is the SB. Since the rest of them will need something much larger to call of that portion of their stack against.I'm not sure what this means, but it's my observation.It's probably wrong.

Your M is 6. If there is antes its under 5 so you need to be looking to make a move.This seems like a perfectly good spot to me! I push all day long here as long as I'm first in.