Is This When You're Supposed To Fold An Overpair?

Assume no reads.Against 1 player, I will never fold my overpair.But the check-raise on the turn shows incredible strength, in my opinion.Does this move always represenets more than my 1 pair?Or am I seeing ghosts?Without reads, is my laydown wise or foolish?Please advise.--CM================PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qspade.gif, Qheart.gif. Hero raises, 2 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) 7diamond.gif, 3diamond.gif, 5heart.gif(3 players)BB bets, Hero raises, Button calls, BB calls.Turn: (3.25 BB) 3heart.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB raises, Hero folds ....

ugh. I agree that raising over a caller here seems super strong. I hate this hand as much as the last one.Is a 3 in BBs range all that often though?
I think a 3 is in most unknowns' BB range.They defend with pretty much anything.I am glad to see confusion from others so I know it's not just me :club:--cm

at .50/1.00 j3off is def. in the damn bb's range. So's 46 getting fancy like that.That said There are other hands that still make this play that we beat. If it was a complete unknown I would call down b/c there are plenty of mouthbreathers who go crazy on low flops w/ any piece. With a read of a semi competent non mongoloid bb I could fold.

I am admittedly a bit of a showdown monkey, but I'm pretty much never folding here. If that is a leak can one of you guys prove it to me?

I mean, my gut and instinct whatever is to call down here, but I dunno, looking at it objectively. If button doesn't call any more bets, and BB bets river (100% of the time, I assume), we're looking at 4-1. If button calls down each street, it's 5-1 odds on our call down here. Is QQ ahead of both players at showdown here 17-20% of the time?

If the BB is somewhat of a thinking player, he is probably putting the button on a flush draw (I am) so I think at this point in the hand nobody is to worried about him except to extract money. I tend to think this is a call down unless the river is a diamond and the button wakes up.

without reads that is a horrible fold. hes gonna flip over a mid pocket pair a whole lot there.
Yeah...I think this is quite possible also. Could easily be an overplayed 88-JJ or 7x even.
without reads that is a horrible fold. hes gonna flip over a mid pocket pair a whole lot there.
As long as this is a possibility, I agree that I should not fold my hand.I would never play a hand less than QQ like he did against multiple opponents.But that doesn't mean he wouldn't.I think I will call down most times.In this hand though, BB had Quad Tres--cm