Artest Traded To Rockets

For bobby jackson donte green and a first rd pick, a steal in my opinionThere gonna be a really tough team now barring injuries....YaoT-macartest battieralston
if he and rafer can stay sane
For bobby jackson donte green and a first rd pick, a steal in my opinionThere gonna be a really tough team now barring injuries....YaoT-macartest battieralston
Just one more really tough team in the West. Yawn.

So Happy. Excited about Donte Green. He has potential at a cheap price.We got an expiring back (And B-Jax is a fan favorite), Green, A #1 pick, and Cash for a guy who was disruptive and was leaving next year for nothing if we did not move him.Unless someone over paid for Artest IDK if we could have gotten a better deal.

So Happy. Excited about Donte Green. He has potential at a cheap price.We got an expiring back (And B-Jax is a fan favorite), Green, A #1 pick, and Cash for a guy who was disruptive and was leaving next year for nothing if we did not move him.Unless someone over paid for Artest IDK if we could have gotten a better deal.
He is tooo much of a headcase. You might have done a little better at this year's trade deadline.....but this was the safe move. Have a plan (rebuilding toward 2010) and stick to it.This trade was another win-win deal.
artest has always been a great tier II player but is he even that same guy anymore?
Tier 2?the guy gets you 20+/7/5 and is one of the best defensive players in the league. If it wasn't for his off the court issues he would be considered one of the best in the league.
Tier 2?the guy gets you 20+/7/5 and is one of the best defensive players in the league. If it wasn't for his off the court issues he would be considered one of the best in the league.
considering the quality of nba talent today I think it's fair to call artest tier 2.my definition of a tier 1 player is Top 30 players in the league who you could build a franchise around. would you honestly build a franchise around him?
considering the quality of nba talent today I think it's fair to call artest tier 2.my definition of a tier 1 player is Top 30 players in the league who you could build a franchise around. would you honestly build a franchise around him?
You could, he has the talent. Its just he isn't considered a stable asset because of his off the court problems.
You could, he has the talent. Its just he isn't considered a stable asset because of his off the court problems.
I have watched him a lot, he a great number 3, a good number 2 and a bad number 1 to have on a team. Offensively he is selfish, takes bad shots and forces the issue a lot. As a 3rd cog, he could really help take a team to the next level. For the rockets he wont, they will win 50ish games and probably lose in the second round of the playoffs.
I have watched him a lot, he a great number 3, a good number 2 and a bad number 1 to have on a team. Offensively he is selfish, takes bad shots and forces the issue a lot. As a 3rd cog, he could really help take a team to the next level. For the rockets he wont, they will win 50ish games and probably lose in the second round of the playoffs.
I watched him a lot in Indiana, not as much since he moved out west so I'm basing my opinion off that.Houstan getting to the second round would be great for them.

Artest tier 2, that is just a ludacris comment. Artest is one of the best players in the nba. He can score, pass, and plays ridiculous defense, he can guard a 1-4. I really wish the lakers would of gotten him for LO.

Artest tier 2, that is just a ludacris comment. Artest is one of the best players in the nba. He can score, pass, and plays ridiculous defense, he can guard a 1-4. I really wish the lakers would of gotten him for LO.
Depends on what your definition of tier one is. Mine is a start who gives his team 10-20 wins just because he is on the court.LebronWadeKobeetc.There are not many of them 5-10. They are max salary guys and you can build a team around them.Tier 2 guys are the rest of the All Stars, but some all stars are even tier 3 players in the way that I look at them. Using this basis, Artest does not fit, and is barely a tier 2 player. Add in his mental unstability and the fact that he plays very selfishly when the team is down, I put him as a tier 3 player.Here is maybe a better exampleJordan - Best player and obv best tier one player everPippen - Probably best tier 2 player ever (in his situation)Lakers of the early 90's had a very very rare situation of two tier one player in Shaq and Kobe.
T-Mac won't play 68 games AGAIN this year. He has been in the league for 11 years and has played more than 68 games only 6 of those. What a joke........and people think he is a SuperStar???????????Not to mention is playoff record.
T-Mac won't play 68 games AGAIN this year. He has been in the league for 11 years and has played more than 68 games only 6 of those. What a joke........and people think he is a SuperStar???????????Not to mention is playoff record.
i said barring injuries, and just fyi, you never KNOW, how many he will play, marcus camby was hurt a lot of his career but last year he played 79 games. I dont think many people call him a superstar. I think they call him a star(which he is) but not a superstar. I just said i like the team, dont have to get all crazy on t-mac.
I just said i like the team, dont have to get all crazy on t-mac.
I do too, but I'd think Scola will be the starter, not Battier.
  • 3 months later...