racial profiling by daniel negreanu

In his May 9, 2005 Journal, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...rt_from=&ucat=&, he wrote,I mean seriously, do they think the bad guys aren’t aware of this ridiculous excuse for profiling? Do they really think that the bad guys just randomly wake up and say, “Hey Ahmed, what do you feel like doing today?”“Oh I dunno, feel like hijacking a plane?”Now why the heck he thinks that the bad guys/terrorists are all from the middle east. So in his mind, he probably puts an equal sign between the terrorists and the muslims (I am not a muslim by the way).Now in his Card player magazine article "Asian Poker Players", http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4465&m_id=65553, he did praise the Asian Poker Players. But the reason he was doing so was probably because 1, he wanted to impress his Asian chicks, 2, he felt guilty about bashing Men the Master being cheater, Scotty Nuyen being whiner...Now in his March 3rd journal, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...t_from=&ucat=1&, he wrote, "So Milt, this big, strong, intimidating, "black guy" dropped me off at the airport with no bruises to speak of. He didn't rob me, or ask me for anything more than what we agreed upon. " Now is he expecting every black man who helps him is going to rob him? When Phil Ivey wins a pot from him, did he use any N words?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You suck.I think the convo coulda been ended here. I am, what else has been accomplished, minus a few facts? We still know the OP sucks.Come on people.- Jordan :club:

you a moronhalf of the things you just wrote involved words such as "he probably" and "in his mind he probably"....yeah, good onealso, the thing that looked the worst, the comment about the black guy, was in sarcastic fashion from something he said earlier in the very same blog about how people in american in general view black people, even mentioning a scene from a michael moore (shudder) movie.you are a loser who created a thread like that to get some attn, otherwise you probably would have dealt with this in a private matter. pretty pathetic

Dude, get over yourself. Daniel is mocking the War on Terror, and how stupid the Bush cabal thinks the Arab world is.And he was wondering why more asian players weren't considered as top players by the media. Pffft.He called an african-american "black guy"! What a racist! Seriously, what sane person wouldn't fear being robbed in a strange hitching situation like that. Only a sane one.People are too serious.

I was going to respond, but you're likely a douchebag looking for attention. (Meaning, I know you're a douchebag and I think you're doing this for attention)

Seems like you're a little sensitive? I don't know DN, but looks like you're taking him out of context... maybe the third comment is a little insensitive, but just because people are sometimes intimidated by difference doesn't mean they aren't trying to accept people as they are. No one's perfect you should lighten up...Also the first comment is a joke--which doesn't suggest that all terrorists are Arabs or Muslims, in fact it suggests that purposefully stopping Middle Eastern "looking" people is probably a poor way to randomly catch a terrorist.just my couple of cents.

You Suck.Is that all you can think of doing with your time. Basically Daniel's being an honest person. Most people would think the same things he's said in the quotes you've collected. Most terrorists are from the middle east. Fact. That doesn't mean all people from the middle east are terrorists, nor was he making that connection. Get a life.

This is a perfect example of how things can be taken out of context in order to create controversy and the very reason its so hard to believe anything on the news anymore, not to mention the internet. did you even read the rest of the articles/blogs that you quoted from?

Dude, get over yourself. Daniel is mocking the War on Terror, and how stupid the Bush cabal thinks the Arab world is.And he was wondering why more asian players weren't considered as top players by the media. Pffft.He called an african-american "black guy"! What a censored! Seriously, what sane person wouldn't fear being robbed in a strange hitching situation like that. Only a sane one.People are too serious.
I think DN's point was that he didn't fear being robbed, even if in a hitchiking situation with the clearly criminal black man <----- SARCASM He wrote it to show that people in America make too many stereotypes and that people should realize that most people are civil!

and a clarifying point for everybody (before the OP makes it):Most "terrorists" are not Middle Eastern... Many of the terrorists we are currently concerned with are Middle Eastern--There are many many more countries in the world and terrorism exists in many forms (particularly depending on whose point of view you're using)...just thought I'd add that... the OP still sucks.

Not sure what the point of rabbit_killer's original post was, but as far as Daniel going on about:1) If you book your flight late, that’s a strike against you.2) If you pay cash, that’s strike two.3) If you book a one way flight, that’s strike three.4) If you change your flight, that’s strike four!Well, those red flags are in direct response to how the 9-11 hijackers operated.Not that I think that system can't be beaten, but numbers 1-3 are exactly how those hijackers did their thing.But, I'll agree that they'd be stupid to try it that way again and that random checks should be more random.

The OP is like a Michael Moore film! Taking snipits out of context and flaming away. Great job doucheclown faggot
See now I just htink the poster is an idiot, kind of like GDub (must throw in my liberal stance, but am now done with all politics on this thread)
In his May 9, 2005 Journal, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...rt_from=&ucat=&, he wrote,I mean seriously, do they think the bad guys aren’t aware of this ridiculous excuse for profiling? Do they really think that the bad guys just randomly wake up and say, “Hey Ahmed, what do you feel like doing today?”“Oh I dunno, feel like hijacking a plane?”Now why the heck he thinks that the bad guys/terrorists are all from the middle east. So in his mind, he probably puts an equal sign between the terrorists and the muslims (I am not a muslim by the way).Now in his Card player magazine article "Asian Poker Players", http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4465&m_id=65553, he did praise the Asian Poker Players. But the reason he was doing so was probably because 1, he wanted to impress his Asian chicks, 2, he felt guilty about bashing Men the Master being cheater, Scotty Nuyen being whiner...Now in his March 3rd journal, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...t_from=&ucat=1&, he wrote, "So Milt, this big, strong, intimidating, "black guy" dropped me off at the airport with no bruises to speak of. He didn't rob me, or ask me for anything more than what we agreed upon. " Now is he expecting every black man who helps him is going to rob him? When Phil Ivey wins a pot from him, did he use any N words?
dn does use a n word when ivey wins a pit from him.....NICE hand..

Maybe I missed it but I don't know if anyone commented on the announcer spouting off "Show tunes must be going off in Daniel's head" during the WPT show a while back when he flopped a great hand.Not that there's anything wrong with show tunes. But without trying to offend anyone, when mentioned in context relating to the male gender, it usually implies that perhaps the male being referred to may be exibiting a bit more of his feminine side than what is usually considered hetero. The announcer's name escapes me right now, but he has used the term "...going off in his/her head" in a way that usually generalizes where the player is from or their percieved actions. I just wonder if this particular announcer was trying to generalize his opinion of how he percieves Daniel. I realize this is off topic a bit, but it does sort of fit in with the OP's reference to profiling.

Go to hell you grandstanding a s s hole. Terrorists are pretty much all arabs whether that's politically correct or not. Doesn't mean Daniel thinks all arabs are terrorists. And to think that you know his motivations for saying or writing anything is rediculous. I hope you choke.