** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

I like the pick of Gudbrandson. He is no Keaton Ellerby (or Dylan McIlrath), I think top-25 pick in our league for sure.
I think Gudbranson is the same kind of pick that Jared Cowen was last year, except about 40 picks earlier. And Cowen scored nearly 4 times as many goals in his draft year. Gudbranson wasn't drafted for his offense, he's more of a shutdown defense-first guy. Chris Phillips 2.0.
I think Gudbranson is the same kind of pick that Jared Cowen was last year, except about 40 picks earlier. And Cowen scored nearly 4 times as many goals in his draft year. Gudbranson wasn't drafted for his offense, he's more of a shutdown defense-first guy. Chris Phillips 2.0.
Sounds good. I'll trade Zach Cowen for Gudbranson! Heh.He is more of a defensive guy, but from what I read he does have some offense. The kind of guy who can put up 30, even 35 points playing 25 minutes a game...which he will be, and you could afford to have as your 'safe' man on a powerplay.

I heard he has a huge shot from the point, could easily be the trigger man from the back end on a power play. I imagine it'll be him and Kulikov together for a while in Florida, although he's obviously not nearly as offensively inclined as Kulikov is.I dunno about the pick though, but I figured he'd be a pretty low risk, albeit low reward type guy. #3 overall!

how do we feel about a hoard of neidereiter, tarasenko, granlund, bennett and zuccarell-aasen?
Unfortunately your draft is a who's-who of guys I wasn't very high on at all, other than Tarasenko. Not that I'm the end-all-be-all of fantasy hockey prospects by a long shot, but I'm not really excited about most of that list. I have no explanation for why, most of my fantasy hockey judging is completely abstract and made up on the spot.
how do we feel about a hoard of neidereiter, tarasenko, granlund, bennett and zuccarell-aasen?
I like 1, 2, and 5. I think Bennett went way too high, but I can never get excited about Jr. A players, even if they score 200 points. I was actually shocked to see you take him. Not as shocking as the Jarnkrok pick though. It's always nice when a player gets picked and you don't have to cross anyone off your list.
i m a fan of Jeff Skinner..I am sure Arp is really excited about this kid.
I am. But I guess we'll see just how excited I really am on the 6th.
Im happy to say, I agreed with a lot of your picks, even the Bennett. Not sure if Zuccs would have been my choice, but based on your draft as a whole, I like it.

More on Skinner, who is very very quickly becoming the Limidonks most exciting prospect.He signed his first contract today: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...vid=DL|CAR|homeAnd Bob McKenzie decided to turn his Twitter raving into a full blown column about how awesome he is: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=334587

More on Skinner, who is very very quickly becoming the Limidonks most exciting prospect.He signed his first contract today: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...vid=DL|CAR|homeAnd Bob McKenzie decided to turn his Twitter raving into a full blown column about how awesome he is: http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=334587
Quite unnecessary, owner of Jordan Eberle who now says Skinner is "very very quickly becoming the Limidonks most exciting prospect".stop hyping him up, you know I'll still pay too much in a trade for him anyway. just let me know when your ready to rape my team.

I guess Eberle is still the top prospect for the team. Maybe. Myers might have something to say about that.Actually, I'm gonna do an HF style prospect ranking for my sick farm team. Off the top of my head, based on a mixture of fantasy ceiling, and actual chance of hitting that ceiling at the NHL level.1. Jordan Eberle2. Tyler Myers3. Jeff Skinner4. PK Subban5. Brett Connolly6. Luca Sbisa7. Alexander Burmistrov8. Luca Caputi9. Erik Gudbranson10. Simon Despres11. Nick Foligno12. Jamie McGinn13. Riley Sheahan14. Anton Gustafsson15. Maxime Sauve16. Jakob Silfverberg17. Ian Cole18. Landon Ferraro19. Charlie Coyle20. Tom KuehnhacklAlso in the system:Jared StaalMarek ZagrapanAntti PihlstromCasey Pierro-ZabotelVladimir MihalikJan MursakLogan MacMillanedit - I added bold for players who are expected to star the season in the NHL. The rest of the top 10 is expected to compete for a job, but might take one more season of junior/minors to make it.

I started to do one of those yesterday after I became the first FCHL GM to max out my farm club, then I decided I didn't want you guys knowing exactly how I rate my prospects. <grin>

Wow, Gudbranson goal and assist. What a stud. He has a legit shot at cracking the lineup this year. Solid preseason games will only help him out. #3 in the NHL draft, I got him with the #27 pick in the FCHL draft (not saying he should have gone earlier). It was also my 6th pick in the draft, heh.

Alex Burmistrov, our 3rd pick, 10th overall, had the 2nd most ice-time among forwards tonight. He was -1, 1 shot, 0 points, 2 PIM, but even then, it's nice to see him get a shot to prove himself. He also has a very legitimate chance to see the opening day puck drop for the Thrashers.