** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

Burmistrov has signed his 3-year entry level deal with Atlanta, which is basically a guarantee that he'll be starting the season with the team.It's very likely that I have 3 of my picks from this season's FCHL entry draft playing in the NHL when the season opens, and it's quite possible I actually end up with 4 from this year. (Burmistrov, Gudbranson, Skinner, and maybe Despres)In other news, Ian Cole was the last d-man cut from the Blues, because Colaiacovo is apparently not hurt serious enough (yet). He'll be getting top minutes in Peoria and is presumably the first call-up for this season, and with some of the Blues d-men's contracts expiring next season, he should be a lock to make the team full time then.Subban, Myers, Sbisa, Eberle, and McGinn will join the 3 or 4 players listed above as farm hands starting the season in the NHL.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

When isnt Carlo injured..I am on the Gerbe bandwagon...But the fact that he is a midget may count against us..He looked good in preseason though..

Looks like Gudbranson couldn't reach a deal with the Panthers (strangely), so he won't get the 9-game shot. I wonder if teams try to lowball guys like this, like "hey sign cheap and you're guaranteed 9 NHL games, or screw you, go back to junior". Burmistrov was in the same position, but signed his contract will likely play. Guds meanwhile didn't sign, and is going back to the OHL. Weird. He'll make the team next year when a few of the contracts on the back end are up.

So looks like your boy Gundbranson can't be paid and is heading back to the OHL. That is what you get for talking poorly about Carlo Cocoacolavachio!
Darren Dreger's Twitter:Budget restraints stopped Florida from giving Gudbranson the bonuses he was after. He made the team, but is now headed back to the OHL

Congrats to future Limidonk superstar Jordan Eberle for his first NHL goal, which was absolutely insane, and his first NHL assist, all within his first NHL game.Congrats to Jeff Skinner for playing in his first NHL game, and getting absolutely robbed of his first NHL goal. It'll come soon enough.Today, we have Alexander Burmistrov likely playing his first NHL game for the Thrashers.

Congrats to future Limidonk superstar Jordan Eberle for his first NHL goal, which was absolutely insane, and his first NHL assist, all within his first NHL game.Congrats to Jeff Skinner for playing in his first NHL game, and getting absolutely robbed of his first NHL goal. It'll come soon enough.
And Skinner just got his first ever NHL point. you FCHL=me AHL for those 2. Could ahve had Burmistov, went with Granlund and Nyqvist instead. Lets see if I live to regret that.

Got a bunch of decisions to make for tonight, in a pivotal matchup against the Fearsome Beavers.Forwards:HossaKovalchukBoothCullenRyderJonesDumontComrieWeight(Also have Ladd, Zubrus, Kennedy, Foligno, Paille)Hossa and Kovy are locks, obviously. Booth is about as close to a lock as possible. Cullen as well, as he's playing great.So basically 2 spots between Ryder, Jones, Comrie, Dumont, and Weight (who I just picked up off of the waiver wire, dropping Bryan Allen, in order to add some offensive depth.)Comrie has been awful, so I think he's getting the scratch (or he's been awesome, if you want to trade for him). Weight is probably a lock for one assist per game, playing on a line with Grabner and Neiderreiter. Jones is kinda up and down, either has a monster game (2g, 1a against Detroit, held pointless in his 3 other games). He plays on a line with Duchene. Ryder only played the two games so far, overseas, and had 2 assists. He's playing with Seguin and Recchi. I don't really know what to think about Dumont. He has 3a in his first 3 games. He's been playing with Colin Wilson and Marcel Goc, mostly.Thoughts?Also, I need to pick a goalie. Calgary vs Edmonton (I have Foster), or Buffalo at Chicago (I have Hossa and Boynton).