Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

that still doesnt change my opinion that Vancouver will be in the bottom 5 in the league next year. Gillis is so desperate he will probally give Denmitra a 10 year 80 million dollar deal at this point.
bottom 5?! have I been gone THAT long!??the fact that the nucks missed the playoffs last year seemed like a 2-week callapse. I didn't think it was them overachieving throughout the year and then showing their true self.with the goaltending and defense I keep thinking the nucks are just 1-2 good forwards aways from being a pretty good club. I wouldn't be so shocked if people said they'd miss the playoffs but if the defense holds up I don't see how they could be at the bottom. Lui himself guarantees 30 wins...no?
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bottom 5?! have I been gone THAT long!??the fact that the nucks missed the playoffs last year seemed like a 2-week callapse. I didn't think it was them overachieving throughout the year and then showing their true self.with the goaltending and defense I keep thinking the nucks are just 1-2 good forwards aways from being a pretty good club. I wouldn't be so shocked if people said they'd miss the playoffs but if the defense holds up I don't see how they could be at the bottom. Lui himself guarantees 30 wins...no?
Just announced the signing of Demitra today..I guess Sundin to Vancouver rumours should die now...
Just announced the signing of Demitra today..I guess Sundin to Vancouver rumours should die now...
why? is it impossible now?? no more cap space?I mean besides the fact that he probably wasn't coming anyways. I was gonna post a Sundin pic in a Wings uniform but I don't think anything will steam you more than the Habs one.
why? is it impossible now?? no more cap space?I mean besides the fact that he probably wasn't coming anyways. I was gonna post a Sundin pic in a Wings uniform but I don't think anything will steam you more than the Habs one.
the cap central page at Hockeybuzz(which is very good by the way) is estimating $4 mill for Demitra..this leaves roughly $10 million..I guess there is barely enough room for Sundin(if you believe the $20 million for 2 year offer)
the cap central page at Hockeybuzz(which is very good by the way) is estimating $4 mill for Demitra..this leaves roughly $10 million..I guess there is barely enough room for Sundin(if you believe the $20 million for 2 year offer)
But they have 13 forwards (and 4 C) so they could ditch someone like Ryan Johnson @ 1.1 M.
But they have 13 forwards (and 4 C) so they could ditch someone like Ryan Johnson @ 1.1 M.
they just signed him. that would be rude, I say!

Im sure Demitra would be pushed to the wing and Sundin would play centre as the new 1st line and Sedin-Sedin-Bernier as a very good 2nd line and Pyatt-Kessler-Burrows as a very good 3rd line. That assumes Sundin signs but if he wants 8 or 9 million (to give Vancouver some wiggle room) he could have it easily and this club would be certainly better then they were last year. Bernier, Demitra, Sundin would easily outhweigh the losses of Naslund and Morrison

team 1040 says he will sign next week sometimesome good line combinations if we get sundinRaymond---Sundin---DemitraSedin-------Sedin-----BernierBurrows----Kesler----PyattHordichuk--Johson---WellwoodOhlund----EdlerBieska----MitchellKrajichek-Salo

team 1040 says he will sign next week sometimesome good line combinations if we get sundinRaymond---Sundin---DemitraSedin-------Sedin-----BernierBurrows----Kesler----PyattHordichuk--Johson---WellwoodOhlund----EdlerBieska----MitchellKrajichek-Salo
Wellwood doesn't have a spot at all unless Raymond struggles. He doesn't fit into the style of the 3rd or 4th lines one bit. I actually think Johnson should get a shot with Kesler and Burrows, even for a bit.
If Sundin does sign(still a big if imo) One of the 3.5 mill d-men will be moved just for some breathing room.

Sundin will not sign in Vancouver...Get that out of your heads people..Its either Toronto or retire..Its been so obvious since the beginning of this saga..

• 3 weeks later...

Bye bye SteveCanucks VP and Assistant GM Steve Tambellini moved north Thursday morning joining the division-rival Edmonton Oilers as General Manager.Tambellini joins the Oilers after 17 seasons as a member of the Vancouver Canucks management team, most recently the Assistant General Manager and Vice-President of Hockey Operations.“I have the utmost respect for [the Canucks] organization,” said Tambellini. “I’ve worked with so many great people in that organization from my early years with Pat Quinn to now with Mike Gillis and Dave Nonis, Brian Burke. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what they accomplished and what we accomplished.”“[The Canucks] have a new ownership group there that’s very aggressive and wants to win… I can’t say enough good things about the people there that I spent a lot of time with.”For the past several summers Steve Tambellini’s name has surfaced in rumours swirling around most of the vacant general manager positions in the NHL, and for good reason. Tambellini not only has vast experience at the NHL level, but as Director of Player Personnel, Tambellini helped put together the roster that won the gold medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah and served as the General Manager of Team Canada at the 2003 and 2005 IIHF World Hockey Championships, winning gold silver respectively.“I had promised myself that in regards to a GM position, that I was not going to move just to move for theta position and I was public about that for some time now. I promised myself and my family, that when I did move to that position, it was going to be the right one, and this is the right one.”Mike Gillis, who has worked with Tamebllini not only a player agent, but as Canucks general manager for the past three months, issued an official statement Thursday morning congratulating Tambellini on his new role.“On behalf of the entire Canucks organization we would like to thank Steve for his many contributions to our club as a player and manager over nearly 20 years. Since his days as a player and continuing through his time spent in our front office, Steve was a committed member of our team and community.This is an opportunity that Steve could not pass up and we are in full support of his decision to advance his career. We wish him, his wife Denise and their entire family the best of luck in the future.”During his tenure with Vancouver, which began in 1990-91, Tambellini has served in roles ranging from Vice-President of Business Operations to Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations. In August 1998 he was named the Vice President of Player Personnel and served in that role until being named Vice President and Assistant General Manager in June 2004.A member of New York’s 1980 Stanley Cup championship team, he played 553 career NHL games with five NHL teams between 1978-79 and 1987-88. After scoring his first NHL goal with the Islanders in 1979-80, he went on to score 160 goals and 150 assists for 310 career points with 105 penalty minutes with New York, the Colorado Rockies, New Jersey Devils, Calgary Flames

• 1 month later...

BumpYea this fell right off the board and had to run a search to find itYea were gonna suckYea are GM is a ****ing toolYea the owner is a bigger toolYea Luongo is gonna keep us out of the Tavares sweepstakes :club:

Yea but four of the young players could make the team and they will have $5 billion in cap space available. :club:
You mean Aqualini will have 5 billion more to throw on the pile. He is running the organization as a cash cow not as a hockey team.

Is this team really that bad? We barely missed the playoffs last year and I don't think we are any worse this year. Now I'm not crazy enough to think we are a top contender but I do think this team has a legitimate shot at making the playoffs if our defense stays healthy and a couple young guys have decent years. I really hope we don't have to rely on Wellwood as our 2nd line centre between Demitra and whoever else. I hope we can land somebody through trade for our 2nd line who can compliment Demitra and we should be fine.Moving forward we should lock up the Sedins long term and use Demitra to convince Gaborik to sign in Vancouver in the off season.

Is this team really that bad? We barely missed the playoffs last year and I don't think we are any worse this year. Now I'm not crazy enough to think we are a top contender but I do think this team has a legitimate shot at making the playoffs if our defense stays healthy and a couple young guys have decent years. I really hope we don't have to rely on Wellwood as our 2nd line centre between Demitra and whoever else. I hope we can land somebody through trade for our 2nd line who can compliment Demitra and we should be fine.Moving forward we should lock up the Sedins long term and use Demitra to convince Gaborik to sign in Vancouver in the off season.
ya, I'm of the same opinion. this team reminds me a bit of the old Hasek-led Sabres. defense and goaltending is rock solid. it'll take a lot of 1-0, 2-1 wins but the nucks are really just 1 or 2 quality forwards from being dangerous.
The west is way to tough. They lost scoring instead of adding to it. There D is solid but aging with there top guys all on the decline. And most importantly the west is even tougher. Teams like Chicago and Columbus are gonna be ahead of the Canucks imo even Edmonton maybe. Of the teams Calgary, Minnesota, Colarado, Edmonton who are they really better than? I see them 10-12 in the confrence.