Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

They both obviously deserve to be there but of the Western Confrence teams the Hawks and more so the Flames did the least down the stretch so both of them meeting in the first round where one of them is guaranteed to move on is a shame imo.
There wasn't a whole lot the Hawks could have done. Until the Canucks had a run they were just kinda in limbo. They responded nicely at the end and were able to hold onto the 4th seed. That's all that matters.
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate playing St Louis with the roll they are on and the way they have had the Nucks number the last couple of years. Should be a close long series.
blues in 6. ok I'm not sure at all, but I do know the nucks got bad beated to end up against the best of the bottom 3. it was unlikely as hell a few nights ago.
Hopefully Tkachuk goes into his annual playoff hibernation.
hopefully demitra hasn't changed much either.god, what useless teams we compiled back then. even worse, the blues let demitra completely WALK. didn't bother signing him to a one year deal or anything...

I now my review of favourite quotes so far this season in the Vancouver Canucks Fanclub 08-09 Edition....

If Sundin had any interest whatsoever in playing for Vancouver he would've signed that contract offer by now.
that still doesnt change my opinion that Vancouver will be in the bottom 5 in the league next year. Gillis is so desperate he will probally give Denmitra a 10 year 80 million dollar deal at this point.
bottom 5?! have I been gone THAT long!??the fact that the nucks missed the playoffs last year seemed like a 2-week callapse. I didn't think it was them overachieving throughout the year and then showing their true self.with the goaltending and defense I keep thinking the nucks are just 1-2 good forwards aways from being a pretty good club. I wouldn't be so shocked if people said they'd miss the playoffs but if the defense holds up I don't see how they could be at the bottom. Lui himself guarantees 30 wins...no?
Sundin will not sign in Vancouver...Get that out of your heads people..Its either Toronto or retire..Its been so obvious since the beginning of this saga..
The west is way to tough. They lost scoring instead of adding to it. There D is solid but aging with there top guys all on the decline. And most importantly the west is even tougher. Teams like Chicago and Columbus are gonna be ahead of the Canucks imo even Edmonton maybe. Of the teams Calgary, Minnesota, Colarado, Edmonton who are they really better than? I see them 10-12 in the confrence.
That lineup is destined for 9th or 10th in the conference.
Mats Sundin will be in his familiar spot of just barely missing the playoffs again...Deja vu will begin with all the talk again WILL HE OR WONT HE...
you shut up!!Canucks WIN!Mats has a good game...starts producingLui will start getting back into the groove, GAA of near 1.00 for a monthCanucks fight for division leaderyou heard it here :club:
Now bring on the playoffs...GO CANUCKS GO!!!canucks.jpg
I now my review of favourite quotes so far this season in the Vancouver Canucks Fanclub 08-09 Edition....
hehe heres my first qoute in this thread
Looks like we will have a ticket in the Tavares sweepstakes imo!
hehe heres my first qoute in this thread
and I thought the Raptors were gonna make the playoffs...can't be right all the time :club:

On April 15, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA kicks off its 2009 Stanley CupPlayoff schedule with a must-see doubleheader. The action gets underway at 7p.m. ET when Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins face off against JeffCarter and the Philadelphia Flyers at Mellon Arena. Dean Brown will call theseries alongside analyst Garry Galley and Greg Millen with reporter CassieCampbell. In the nightcap of the twin bill, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA willgo rinkside at GM Place in Vancouver at 10 p.m. ET as goaltender RobertoLuongo and the Canucks kick off their series against counterpart Chris Masonand the St. Louis Blues. Scott Oake will report from this Western ConferenceQuarterfinal best-of-seven showdown alongside play-by-play commentator JimHughson and analyst Craig Simpson.

On April 15, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA kicks off its 2009 Stanley CupPlayoff schedule with a must-see doubleheader. The action gets underway at 7p.m. ET when Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins face off against JeffCarter and the Philadelphia Flyers at Mellon Arena. Dean Brown will call theseries alongside analyst Garry Galley and Greg Millen with reporter CassieCampbell. In the nightcap of the twin bill, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA willgo rinkside at GM Place in Vancouver at 10 p.m. ET as goaltender RobertoLuongo and the Canucks kick off their series against counterpart Chris Masonand the St. Louis Blues. Scott Oake will report from this Western ConferenceQuarterfinal best-of-seven showdown alongside play-by-play commentator JimHughson and analyst Craig Simpson.
*fistpumps*Hughson is the man. I am so pumped for Wednesday...
I would imagine Bob Cole and whoever he teams up with.
i hope its not the annoying French guy...Good news is that series will be 4 and out.

My review of the 2008-2009 roster:Bernier - I expected him to play with the twin and get at least 20 goals, but he just can't seem to finish often enough and doesn't really have good puck sense. His role on the third line suits him better IMO, he does lead the team in hits and puts forth a lot of effort. He'll probably get extended for another year or two for around $1.2mil per. C+Bieksa - Led defencemen in points, as expected. Aside from a few defensive lapses and taking some bad penalties, I don't have any complaints about what he does. B+Burrows - What can you say? He has surpassed everyone's expectations and has become a team leader. I don't think anybody has scored more big goals than him. Gotta love this guy. A+Davison - Was okay in his role as a reserve defenceman. C-Demitra - Disappeared at times during the first half but very consistent post-All Star break, fits well as the playmaker on the RPM line. He basically replaced Naslund's points at a cheaper cost. BEdler - Established new career numbers. Solid, quiet puck mover. You only notice him when he makes a mistake. And he's only 22. BHansen - Had great chemistry as part of the third line with Kes/Burr at the start. Injury has kind of "ruined" his first full season (30 pts pace is respectable). C+Hordichuk - Finally a legitimate heavyweight who isn't a liable on the ice and a great teammate. C+Johnson - Did what he does best effectively (energy role, block shots, PK), day in day out. B-Kesler - Built on his breakout season last year, establish new career bests. Plays every situation efficiently. A+LaBarbera - Solid backup. B-Luongo - Scary numbers (9 shutouts) despite playing only 54 games. Aside from that stretch where he was giving up bad goals every game, no complaints. AMitchell - Career year, and a +29... damn. Has been very solid all year long. AO'Brien - Pretty solid as the 6th D-man. Too many bad penalties though. C+Ohlund - Just an all-out warrior. Didn't get his usual 30 points as he wasn't relied on as much. Gonna miss him next year. BPyatt - Has been regulated to 3rd line duties and performed well. Also an effective PKer now too. C+Raymond - Started off nice but just ran into a wall. Has done okay in PK roles. Doesn't play edgy enough as he's pretty slight. C-Rypien - Loves this guy's hustle and heart, it's such a shame that he can't stay healthy. INCOMPLETESalo - Probably the best puck mover on the team. The team is 36-17-7 with him in the lineup, and 9-10-3 without him. B+Sedin (D) - Another solid season for Daniel. Not much else to say. ASedin (H) - Has shown that he can score some slick goals along with being an elite passer. A+Sundin - Extrapolate his numbers out to a full season and he put up 58 points, well below expectations. It doesn't look like he can keep up with the speed of the western conference. But his size and skill helps draw other teams' attention to create space for his linemates. CVaananen - Hasn't played enough to judge, but appears to be a solid 7th D-man and teammate. INCOMPLETEWellwood - Started off on fire with some nice goals, but then hit a wall. Regulated to the 3rd line and has surprisingly done well. 18 goals for less than $1mil is a steal IMO. BOverall, I'm sure the team has surpassed everyone's expectations. I know that lots of analysts had them not even sniffing the playoffs. FWIW, I had them sneaking in.

fun fact. I had my eye on hansen well before the season started, ended up acquiring him and raymond in random trades as throw-ins. I'm just about as disappointed as you.

Went to the book I used and the odds are terrible. Canucks are -400 to win the series so I passed. STL getting no respect as they are the longest shot on the board to win the cup at +5500. Put $20 on The Rangers at +4400 to win $880. Just a longshot that I would arb if they made the finals.

I think St. Louis has a real chance in this series.They've been as good as any team in the league since Christmas. The only problem, since the Canucks turned it on, they've been just as, if not even hotter.Mason has been great, Luongo has been great, the young guns in St. Louis have been unreal, but so has Vancouver's offense.I don't expect St. Louis to win a series here, but I'd certainly expect to see them give Vancouver a run, and if a few things go their way, they could upset.

Did a hockey draft tonight and picked 5 of my 12 players as Canucks..Go Canucks..Stanley Cup ..GO BABYFirst person to say the word jinx is in BIG trouble.

Did a hockey draft tonight and picked 5 of my 12 players as Canucks..Go Canucks..Stanley Cup ..GO BABYFirst person to say the word jinx is in BIG trouble.
I really wish you hadnt done that.
fun fact. I had my eye on hansen well before the season started, ended up acquiring him and raymond in random trades as throw-ins. I'm just about as disappointed as you.
I know what you mean. A guy offered me Michael Ryder for Raymond early in the season when Raymond was producing, and I turned it down. :club:
I think St. Louis has a real chance in this series.They've been as good as any team in the league since Christmas. The only problem, since the Canucks turned it on, they've been just as, if not even hotter.Mason has been great, Luongo has been great, the young guns in St. Louis have been unreal, but so has Vancouver's offense.I don't expect St. Louis to win a series here, but I'd certainly expect to see them give Vancouver a run, and if a few things go their way, they could upset.
Yep, two of the best teams since the All-Star break:VAN = 23-8-3STL = 22-8-6This is gonna be a good series.