I'm getting back into Grand Theft Auto 4. I completely forgot how fun this game can be.
You know I tried to get back into it one day and the controls completely screwed me up. But of course I will be buying the new download when it comes out.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I'm getting back into Grand Theft Auto 4. I completely forgot how fun this game can be.
You know I tried to get back into it one day and the controls completely screwed me up. But of course I will be buying the new download when it comes out.
I played this for the first time in a looooong time on Saturday. I am still stuck on the same mission I was stuck on the last time I played. Pisses me off.

Picked up a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection this weekend, and also downloaded Contra and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from XBLA. Lots of old-school goodtimes.

I played this for the first time in a looooong time on Saturday. I am still stuck on the same mission I was stuck on the last time I played. Pisses me off.
What mission?
What mission?
I can't remember what it is called. Your cousin gets kidnapped and the girl you dated calls you up to tell you and you have to get him out of the warehouse. I either get capped early or once I get him out I get shot up or blown up by the cops outside. Pisses me off.So I just usually go jack a helicopter and fly around and try and land on top of the empire state type building and then jump to my death and try to land on a car.
I can't remember what it is called. Your cousin gets kidnapped and the girl you dated calls you up to tell you and you have to get him out of the warehouse. I either get capped early or once I get him out I get shot up or blown up by the cops outside. Pisses me off.So I just usually go jack a helicopter and fly around and try and land on top of the empire state type building and then jump to my death and try to land on a car.
Basically what you want to do is get there as heavily armed as possible so you don't run out of ammo and fully armored as well.And then just be patient by remaining in cover at all times. Once you get him out there should be some health packs lying around so you don't die immediately when the police start shooting.
http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IVthis should also help on anything else that is giving you trouble

My PS3 never really got fully better from a few weeks ago. I called Sony. My original warranty ended early last month and the replacement warranty (from the second system) ended in December. How convenient. So there goes $150. Rather annoyed. Asked if I could purchase and extended warranty since the system reliability is apparently shit, but they don't offer that.Therefore, if you're going to buy a PS3, I highly recommend getting an extended warranty from the retailer. I used to have trust in game console manufacturers...now not so much.

My PS3 never really got fully better from a few weeks ago. I called Sony. My original warranty ended early last month and the replacement warranty (from the second system) ended in December. How convenient. So there goes $150. Rather annoyed. Asked if I could purchase and extended warranty since the system reliability is apparently shit, but they don't offer that.Therefore, if you're going to buy a PS3, I highly recommend getting an extended warranty from the retailer. I used to have trust in game console manufacturers...now not so much.
Why did you have trust in game console manufacturers? Video game consoles over the years have had many issues. The first Nintendo had issues, SNES had issues, the PS2 had terrible issues, 360 has issues, the PS3 has issues. They all have issues. Not to bring up the 360/PS3 crap again but again, here is a difference that made me lean the 360 way. When I got my 360 the PS3 was out. I waited a while before moving to the next generation. I knew about the RROD on the 360's before purchasing my 360. I also went through 3 PS2's because Sony had obvious defects with their console. It was not uncommon at all if your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th gen PS2's stopped reading discs. There were fixes, like taking apart the PS2 every time this happened and cleaning the lens on the reader with a q-tip but after awhile that didn't work. The warranty on the PS2 was what, 90 days and that may be 30 days longer than it really was. So you were forced to buy a new one or pay close to the cost of a new one and send it to Sony on your dime and they would get it back to you a month later and often people reported the same problems. Looking back on this now I can see why I have not gone back to Sony. Now the 360 has it's issues, many of the PS3 fanboys like to bring up the RROD as a defense on their choice. Big issue though is that when you get a 360, you get a 3 year warranty on it. Sure you go without your 360 for 2 weeks or so but it costs you $0. Same games essentially, less issues now with newer models, and a 3 year warranty. With my past experiences with the PS2, I would cut my losses and get a 360 instead of buying either another PS3 and having the chance of it pooping out on me again or sending it to Sony who will charge you $150 to fix their defective product and get it back with the chance you might be sending it in for another $150 down the line. Just when I was thinking that I would get a PS3 since I have been running like a low limit poker god, the PS3 starts faltering.

Speaking of the RROD on the 360, I just got mine back from Microsoft this afternoon. As you guys remember, I decided to buy the 360 Arcade thinking it might be upwards of a month to a month and a half before I would see my Xbox Elite back and I didn't want to go that long with out it.Well it turns out it was more like 12 days. (I shipped the 360 on Feb. 5th.)I was pretty happy and satisfied that it took such a short amount of time, and I got a free 1 month of XBOX Live card along with my console which was cool.So now I've got two Xbox systems and obviously need to sell one. I was initially thinking of selling the Arcade and keeping my Elite but I decided to just keep the Elite's 120GB HDD and keep the Arcade. I'm also going to throw in a bunch of games I don't play anymore.I'm undecided about whether to try and sell it on Ebay or Craig's List. How much do you guys think I could get for the following:-Xbox Elite with 256mb memory unit. NO HARD DRIVE (2 years of warranty still on it)-Wireless Controller-Power/AV Cables (No hdmi cable. I'm keeping that.)-Microsoft Headset.-One month of Xbox Live-Mirror's Edge-Tom Clancy's EndWar-FIFA 08-Gears of War-Tiger Woods 07-Dead Space-Bully -Max Payne and Halo 1 (Xbox 1 games)edit: if any FCPer is interested, send me a PM.

has the DLC for Grand theft auto come out yet? And if it did did anyone DL it?
It's definitely out but I haven't downloaded it yet.edit: haha I did hear that the main character is possibly gay....uh not that there's anything wrong with that.
It's definitely out but I haven't downloaded it yet.edit: haha I did hear that the main character is possibly gay....uh not that there's anything wrong with that.
would that mean that they have gay hookers on the streets also? I know I am going to be killing a lot of them in this game.
Why did you have trust in game console manufacturers? Video game consoles over the years have had many issues. The first Nintendo had issues, SNES had issues, the PS2 had terrible issues, 360 has issues, the PS3 has issues. They all have issues.
Yeah, but my NES consoles still work. Yeah...there was the "blow on it" thing, but with little in the way of moving parts, there were few issues. Same goes for all my other Nintendo systems. Never played our Dreamcast or PS1 enough to know if they'd crap out. Also got a late model slim PS2 that I never had issues with.And, it's a tad late to jump to 360...I've got so much sunk cost in my PS3 (6 games, four peripherals, and about $400 in DLC). Plus, I like having an integrated BluRay player. I will say that Microsoft's 3 year warranty is appealing when I've lost two of the same console in the span of a year.

It's pretty rare for a system to go bad like that outside of the warranty time. So I can't say getting an extended warranty is really gonna be worth it. Somehow Marchant just got really unlucky with this one. Sorry to hear.

I have had problems with a few consoles, but not all. I went through two PS2's, my PS3's HDMI port no longer works, and my original XBox disc tray will not open unless I hit the top of the console. Just like cars there are video game consoles out there that are just lemons.BTW, Street Fighter IV is the shit.

Has any one played the new grand theft auto? The graphics are horrible. And it just seems super choppy. I played through a couple of missions and I am already not really liking it. Gonna keep fooling around with it and hope that it gets better. As far as consoles I guess I have gotten really lucky. I have had the regular nintendo, genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, PSP and xbox 360 and had the RROD once and then bought an elite.

Has any one played the new grand theft auto? The graphics are horrible. And it just seems super choppy. I played through a couple of missions and I am already not really liking it. Gonna keep fooling around with it and hope that it gets better. As far as consoles I guess I have gotten really lucky. I have had the regular nintendo, genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, PSP and xbox 360 and had the RROD once and then bought an elite.
I haven't played the DLC, but I was playing the regular game earlier. As I was playing I was noticing how inferior the graphics are compared to a lot of other games. I really didn't notice until a day or two ago.

I want Race Pro so bad. If I could get Race Pro only if I couldn't get another game for the rest of 09 I would. Trouble is, because it is a game and genre not a lot of people get into, it's rarely available. Best Buy doesn't have it, Target will only sell it online and there is not one copy in any ebagames within 100 miles of my zip code. I really need this game.

I want Race Pro so bad. If I could get Race Pro only if I couldn't get another game for the rest of 09 I would. Trouble is, because it is a game and genre not a lot of people get into, it's rarely available. Best Buy doesn't have it, Target will only sell it online and there is not one copy in any ebagames within 100 miles of my zip code. I really need this game.
I'd just bite the bullet, order it online, and wait a few days for it to come in the mail.I have a question though...how is this game compared to Forza/Gran Turismo?
I'd just bite the bullet, order it online, and wait a few days for it to come in the mail.I have a question though...how is this game compared to Forza/Gran Turismo?
Allegedly this is pure hardcore stripped down no bells and whistles race sim. No upgrades, shiny cars, paint booths and such. The complaints I have seen so far about the game are GRID fans (I am one but I know it's an arcade racer and not a sim) and forza fans saying it is too hard and too realistic and the graphics aren't that pretty. That sounds good to me. SimBin has put out some serious hardcore PC racers in the past so I fully expect this to be the same caliber and sim fans have been pleased today with the game. I also like that the developers knew that they would be putting out more tracks and cars in the near future and set the price to $39.99 instead of most people doing the 59.99 and then charging more for already planned DLC.

Came home last night from class and there on top of the mail was Race Pro. My loving wife found a copy and got it for me. Great game. Every car handles completely different. I don't suspect most people to really enjoy this game. But if you love diehard race sims, it's the best you will find on a console.

Got my PS3, LBP is pretty much the nuts.Getting Killzone 2 next week as well as MLB 09: The Show when it comes out...I hear it's far superior to the 2k series so wee at having a PS3.Add me on PSN, my name is Tehtoe.

Got my PS3, LBP is pretty much the nuts.Getting Killzone 2 next week as well as MLB 09: The Show when it comes out...I hear it's far superior to the 2k series so wee at having a PS3.Add me on PSN, my name is Tehtoe.
excellent choice, although I'm not sure if there is enough new stuff for me to upgrade from 08