RPGs are not my type of game at all but all this Fallout 3 talk finally convinced me to buy it. Plus I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic stuff (movies, books etc.)Found it on Craig's List for $40 so I'll dive into it after football today.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Fallout 3 update:I'm currently level 12 and my karma recently came pretty low. I'm now classified as Evil for the first time in the game. At this point I have yet to have a single person follow me in combat lol (Except the dog). I think if I head over to megaton than I can probably get Jericho to follow me now.I'm currently at the "murders pass" within the little lamplight caves to get in to vault 87. I've read there is a terminal I can hack to skip it, so I think I'll try to find that instead. Murders Pass sounds a bit... viscious lol.Also in order to get in to little lamplight, I rescued the kids at Paradise Falls and everyone there now tries to kill me. After a few days will they forgive me again? I want to send some more slaves to that guy at the front gate, I didn't kill him on my way out. He gives you ton of caps for them.

Last night I finished these 3 misc quests: Those!, Replicated Man, Agatha's Song.
Me too!Currently level 9 w/ good karma, I got the neutral karma achievement for level 8 so I'm gonna try to go through this whole playthrough as neutral because I'm OCD.

I'm level 13 and just did the Declaration of Independance Quest and Big Town. I've had Jericho following me for those 2, it's awesome he's so good and it's so nice to be able to now pick up every enemy weapon I come across. I made about 1500 caps off that last quest thanks to Jericho.Vault 87 is next up.

Fallout 3 update:I'm currently level 12 and my karma recently came pretty low. I'm now classified as Evil for the first time in the game. At this point I have yet to have a single person follow me in combat lol (Except the dog). I think if I head over to megaton than I can probably get Jericho to follow me now.I'm currently at the "murders pass" within the little lamplight caves to get in to vault 87. I've read there is a terminal I can hack to skip it, so I think I'll try to find that instead. Murders Pass sounds a bit... viscious lol.Also in order to get in to little lamplight, I rescued the kids at Paradise Falls and everyone there now tries to kill me. After a few days will they forgive me again? I want to send some more slaves to that guy at the front gate, I didn't kill him on my way out. He gives you ton of caps for them.
I JUST got to paradise falls after being defered from lamp light. I dont have enough points to hack in to the computer. I also dont have enough to repair the wires. what can i do? do i have no choice but to level up on some side quests? Or do i just have to mow all of these fools down? Im almost level 10, am i a little ahead of myself here?
I JUST got to paradise falls after being defered from lamp light. I dont have enough points to hack in to the computer. I also dont have enough to repair the wires. what can i do? do i have no choice but to level up on some side quests? Or do i just have to mow all of these fools down? Im almost level 10, am i a little ahead of myself here?
hmm I'm not too sure as I hacked the computer. I actually wasn't high enough to hack it myself, but I have a lab coat that when I put on ups my science skills by 10 pts. That allows me to hack any average computer. From what I gathered, the only two options were hack the computer or repair the wires. I would suggest work on the side quests and level up. BTW repair skills are awesome. I'm this far in the game and just figured out repairing guns on my own now lol. How I didn't know this earlier is beyond me, but if you have 2 guns that are the same click on one and hold R, then you can repair the gun. I also just figured that holding down the pip-boy button (tab on a pc) turns on a flash light lol. If I knew all this stuff earlier would really have helped lol.
BTW repair skills are awesome. I'm this far in the game and just figured out repairing guns on my own now lol. How I didn't know this earlier is beyond me, but if you have 2 guns that are the same click on one and hold R, then you can repair the gun. I also just figured that holding down the pip-boy button (tab on a pc) turns on a flash light lol. If I knew all this stuff earlier would really have helped lol.
lolWhen you get your pip boy they actually tell you that holding down whatever button to get it to become a flashlight. ( I noticed that on my second new game lol)
lolWhen you get your pip boy they actually tell you that holding down whatever button to get it to become a flashlight. ( I noticed that on my second new game lol)
i remember something about that. I just never use the flashlight. thanks gov. i think i tossed my lab coat a while ago. so i could hold onto my enclave armour . Ill take a look around for another lab coat.
i remember something about that. I just never use the flashlight. thanks gov. i think i tossed my lab coat a while ago. so i could hold onto my enclave armour . Ill take a look around for another lab coat.
I am currently rummaging through Vault 106 and the flashlight comes in real handy there.
RPGs are not my type of game at all but all this Fallout 3 talk finally convinced me to buy it. Plus I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic stuff (movies, books etc.)Found it on Craig's List for $40 so I'll dive into it after football today.
Fallout 3 isn't a traditional RPG. It's an action RPG in the same vein as Mass Effect and Oblivion called a WRPG (Western RPG). The RPG's that most people are familiar with are the turn based games called JRPG's (Japanese RPG's) which cover your Final Fantasy's, Dragon Quest/Warrior's, etc. While both types share some similarities they are significantly different.
Fallout 3 isn't a traditional RPG. It's an action RPG in the same vein as Mass Effect and Oblivion called a WRPG (Western RPG). The RPG's that most people are familiar with are the turn based games called JRPG's (Japanese RPG's) which cover your Final Fantasy's, Dragon Quest/Warrior's, etc. While both types share some similarities they are significantly different.
Yea these type of RPGs play different than a traditional RPG. I find it similar to a game called Dust: A Tale of the Wired West (A great game from the mid 90s). Your decisions control the outcome of the game as well.
Yea these type of RPGs play different than a traditional RPG. I find it similar to a game called Dust: A Tale of the Wired West (A great game from the mid 90s). Your decisions control the outcome of the game as well.
Speaking of decision control. Im currently an Evil, Urban invader, and ive been trying to be nice!!!. The guys in paradise falls love me though. They give me all kinds of garbage.
Speaking of decision control. Im currently an Evil, Urban invader, and ive been trying to be nice!!!. The guys in paradise falls love me though. They give me all kinds of garbage.
Where do you see what you are?a88d0.jpg

I am halfway through level 13. In the main quest I just

found daddy in the vault and am not on my way to start working on the water project. I thought the virtual reality level was kind of fun, actually.

I JUST figured out how to repair guns as well. I couldn't figure out why I had a 69 repair skill and couldn't fix anything, didn't realize I needed to hold a 2nd gun of same kind. My lockpick just hit 100, since I am a thieving whore, I figured I should do that.My gun cabinet at my house probably has 500+ guns in it right now.I also just unlocked an achievement for killing 300 creatures, woohoo!

I am halfway through level 13. In the main quest I just

found daddy in the vault and am not on my way to start working on the water project. I thought the virtual reality level was kind of fun, actually.

I JUST figured out how to repair guns as well. I couldn't figure out why I had a 69 repair skill and couldn't fix anything, didn't realize I needed to hold a 2nd gun of same kind. My lockpick just hit 100, since I am a thieving whore, I figured I should do that.My gun cabinet at my house probably has 500+ guns in it right now.I also just unlocked an achievement for killing 300 creatures, woohoo!

I'm level 13 as well. I totally agree, the virtual reality was really cool. You must've been just dumping everything in to lockpicking no? If I were to do it over, I'd probably focus on science, lockpicking and medicine.I'm also excited that they are releasing 3 new expansion packs soon spread out over the next few months. One of them lets you explore Pittsberg and they also increase your max level from 20 to 30.

House?!?! wtf i dont have a house. I guess im just a homeless drifter. Is it lucas simms house im supposed to have? cause he's dead burke killed him. I guess i should look into this because ive been stowing items on dead bodies loool.Im a big noob to rpg's in general as you can see. This is the first rpg since zelda 64 that i really wanted to get to the end of. Good to hear about the DLC.Seems like the only thing this game is missing is some type of online feature.edit- tip: for lockpickers if you have attempted twice at a lock just back out and and retry again and you will get a fresh bobby pin. essentially you'll only need 1 the whole game. (sorry if mentioned, and yes im aware it's a cheesy move)

House?!?! wtf i dont have a house. I guess im just a homeless drifter. Is it lucas simms house im supposed to have? cause he's dead burke killed him. I guess i should look into this because ive been stowing items on dead bodies loool.Im a big noob to rpg's in general as you can see. This is the first rpg since zelda 64 that i really wanted to get to the end of. Good to hear about the DLC.Seems like the only thing this game is missing is some type of online feature.edit- tip: for lockpickers if you have attempted twice at a lock just back out and and retry again and you will get a fresh bobby pin. essentially you'll only need 1 the whole game. (sorry if mentioned, and yes im aware it's a cheesy move)
Lucas Simms has nothing to do with your house in Megaton.
Lucas Simms has nothing to do with your house in Megaton.
Yes he does.. well if you kill him in the burke fight u need to speak with his son instead.
edit- tip: for lockpickers if you have attempted twice at a lock just back out and and retry again and you will get a fresh bobby pin. essentially you'll only need 1 the whole game. (sorry if mentioned, and yes im aware it's a cheesy move)
Yea same goes with

hacking - when you are on your final attempt and got no clue, then power out and go back in

Do the Power of the Atom level..I think that's the name.And yes I poured lots into lockpicking...I love it.

just used the "here and now perk" after i levled up which is awesome on level 11 now. I should be able to get back at the main quest now. edit- on second thought that probably would of been good to use on lvls that take alot longer to lvl...im such a noob ...

just used the "here and now perk" after i levled up which is awesome on level 11 now. I should be able to get back at the main quest now. edit- on second thought that probably would of been good to use on lvls that take alot longer to lvl...im such a noob ...
Yea I did the same, if we levelled up manually we would've got an extra perk. Doh!