Scotty Nguyen's Thoughts On The Importance Of The 50k Horse

Taken from cardplayer.com, discussScotty Nguyen:"The H.O.R.S.E. title baby, it's so big. It's bigger than an NBA championship ring, bigger than the Super Bowl, bigger than Wimbledon or the Masters. The World Series of Poker, the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. event, is just unbelievable. It shows the world the best player at all the games. That is so important."in all seriousness though, i can't think of too much in sports and entertainment that is more important than the 50k horse. Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Eli Manning and Paul Pierce got nothin on Freddy Deeb.

I have to agree with Scotty. THE 50K HORSE event is without a doubt the best test of all-around poker skills with the best structure on the biggest stage poker has to offer. It is undeniably the biggest event in professional poker. You can't tell me that any top level pro doesn't consider this event more important than the ME. Knock Scotty if you want to...ANY TOP PRO would trade places with him in a heartbeat.

I have to agree with Scotty. THE 50K HORSE event is without a doubt the best test of all-around poker skills with the best structure on the biggest stage poker has to offer. It is undeniably the biggest event in professional poker. You can't tell me that any top level pro doesn't consider this event more important than the ME. Knock Scotty if you want to...ANY TOP PRO would trade places with him in a heartbeat.
I agree with the above about the 50K Horse being the biggest event in poker but the op, and Scotty, are nuts if they think this is bigger than other sporting events.
probably one of the most retarded statements to come out of a poker player's mouth...ever.
Are people on this forum so retarded ( I hate using this term ) that they actually think Scotty is being serious with what he said.I think some people need to improve their reading skills on poker players.
Are people on this forum so retarded ( I hate using this term ) that they actually think Scotty is being serious with what he said.I think some people need to improve their reading skills on poker players.
i was never taking him serious, if that's what you were implying. just the comparison he made was retarded. kinda like me saying the national chess championship is bigger than the world cup
i was never taking him serious, if that's what you were implying. just the comparison he made was retarded. kinda like me saying the national chess championship is bigger than the world cup
please look up hyperbole in a dictionaryyou still don't seem to be getting it
in america it is bigger
please look up hyperbole in a dictionaryyou still don't seem to be getting it
hyperbolehy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee] 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

the point he was trying to make that you all missed, lol losers lol, is that the Stanley Cup is bigger and better than all of those other titles he mentioned.

the point he was trying to make that you all missed, lol losers lol, is that the Stanley Cup is bigger and better than all of those other titles he mentioned.
especially here in montreal, where the town riots and police cars are burned after the #1 seed canadiens sneak by the #8 seed bruins in 7 games. god if only we all loved hockey like the quebecoise.
Scotty....hyperbole? :club:
I just talked to Scotty Nguyen to get to the bottom of all this.fleung: "scotty, some would say that your reaction and statements about the 50K HORSE event was a hyperbole and over the top. you weren't actually serious were you?"scotty: "wat is hyperbole baby?"

No hyperbole necessary. If you were a pro football player, im sure you believe the SuperBowl is #1, if youre a pro hockey player, the SC finals are #1 and so on. (Hell, if youre a baseball player you think the boring a$$ World Series is #1).For a poker player to place a poker event at the top of the list isnt at all surprising.

Funny, I think I remember seeing him interviewed last year(when he made the deep run in the ME saying how the HORSE wasn't near as big as the ME. Make up your mind Scotty.