June 25: Wsop Event#45 $50,000 Horse Championship 8pm Est

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Antonius is sick actually.
Appearently Patrick Antonious did arrive late and is playing. The one player who is coming to mind, who plays a lot of high stakes mixed games in Las Vegas is Sammy Farha. I've looked through the chip counts and his name is nowhere to be found. I don't know if he played in this event last year or not but he might be the other missing player.
Appearently Patrick Antonious did arrive late and is playing. The one player who is coming to mind, who plays a lot of high stakes mixed games in Las Vegas is Sammy Farha. I've looked through the chip counts and his name is nowhere to be found. I don't know if he played in this event last year or not but he might be the other missing player.
As much as Sammy is a mixed game player- He is really a big pot game player. He is much better at Pot Limit/ No Limit types of games. I read before that they used to have a different rotation of games when Sammy came to play in the big game because he insisted in playing some NL/ PL games. (and he is enough of a gambler to make it worth it). I could see him skipping this tournament
As much as Sammy is a mixed game player- He is really a big pot game player. He is much better at Pot Limit/ No Limit types of games. I read before that they used to have a different rotation of games when Sammy came to play in the big game because he insisted in playing some NL/ PL games. (and he is enough of a gambler to make it worth it). I could see him skipping this tournament
has he even been at the series at all?

payouts1 $ 1,989,120 - 2 $ 1,243,200 - 3 $ 781,440 - 4 $ 568,320 - 5 $ 444,000 - 6 $ 355,200 - 7 $ 284,160 - 8 $ 230,880 - 9 $ 177,600 - 10 $ 177,600 - 11 $ 159,840 - 12 $ 159,840 - 13 $ 142,080 - 14 $ 142,080 - 15 $ 124,320 - 16 $ 124,320

Changed the payout from last year? Wasn't it $2.2 million last year for first place?

From Dr. Paulies blog, the Tao of Poker:Update: A dealer mentioned to the floor that there was some shenanigans going on with the cards in the HORSE event. The marked card (an Ace) and entire deck was pulled. Three decks in total were removed from play during the break. I heard a number that was as high as six decks. And the cards that were marked? Aces of course.As one veteran poker player said, "Heck, some of the biggest card markers in poker are playing in the HORSE event today."

Changed the payout from last year? Wasn't it $2.2 million last year for first place?
It'd be so baller if they only gave $ to the top 9... probably wouldn't get any fewer entrants.
From Dr. Paulies blog, the Tao of Poker:Update: A dealer mentioned to the floor that there was some shenanigans going on with the cards in the HORSE event. The marked card (an Ace) and entire deck was pulled. Three decks in total were removed from play during the break. I heard a number that was as high as six decks. And the cards that were marked? Aces of course.As one veteran poker player said, "Heck, some of the biggest card markers in poker are playing in the HORSE event today."
by any chance is Men the master playing?
12:59 AM EST - "Perry just called two bets on 3rd street with 338 in stud. I have no clue what he was thinking but he made a full house against me. So bizarre"
Potripper Perry
Daniel:2:11 AM EST - "64500 end of level. Just played a crazy hand vs Durr in stud. Beyond nuts. He raised with A J I reraised with QD 5D 2D Q up. I catch 7D he catches a 5 I bet the whole way. On 6 my board is Q73A and I bet dark on river. He calls me with AK high. Beyond insane call"
pwned....
2:42 PM EST - "Durr might be great at NL and PLO but he is beyond awful at HORSE. He just 3 bet Ivey in Stud 8 with KJ 10 and... Nevermind. It's mind boggling"
DURRRRRRR...derrrr3.jpg

from another point of view if negreanu would have made that call on durr with ace high then everyone would have called it the greatest call ever. Dwan is a really good player, i would give him an edge over DN at NL Hold Em Cash Game at this stage of their careers. Maybe he had a read on daniel? maybe like 2 other queens were already up cards...and a bunch of other cards daniel had. Who knows...on that note, durrr sucks at horse

I thought this was a slow structure? Daniel down 50k already.Come on, Daniel! Start pwning already! Enough of this bleeding chips crap!
down 70k now...pretty sick
from another point of view if negreanu would have made that call on durr with ace high then everyone would have called it the greatest call ever. Dwan is a really good player, i would give him an edge over DN at NL Hold Em Cash Game at this stage of their careers. Maybe he had a read on daniel? maybe like 2 other queens were already up cards...and a bunch of other cards daniel had. Who knows...on that note, durrr sucks at horse
lmao if daniel made a stupid play like that id be the first to tell him hes a call station retard . yea hes one of my 3 top fav players but im not gna suck his cawk and and act like everything he does is right /