July 2008 4.40 Challenge

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some FT's in this thing soon or i will be out of contention. I sometimes forget that you cant really make moves on people in these because you are getting called almost everytime. My normal re-shove antics just get me busted in these. Time to get back to basics and get at least one final tablee under my belt to get back into contention. Gl everyoneelse

I should have played in this thing. Yesterday I decided to play one, first one in forever, and on the bubble I got it all in with KK vs 66 for an 80k pot and obv 66 won. So I played another last night and I took it down. Today I've played 2 and I just won again. So...I've won 2 out of 3 and it could have been 3 out of 4. lol

Ummmmmmmmm...................................wat?PokerStars Game #18707365714: Tournament #95122260, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/07/09 - 21:48:09 (ET)Table '95122260 17' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: Dave149 (1180 in chips) Seat 2: dottor bud (1420 in chips) Seat 3: denster2 (1450 in chips) Seat 4: Vosseidani (1400 in chips) Seat 5: job4494 (2720 in chips) Seat 6: gdunn4 (1390 in chips) Seat 7: hoosier2120 (1190 in chips) Seat 8: onur82 (1490 in chips) Seat 9: 94ssimpala (1260 in chips) Dave149: posts small blind 10dottor bud: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dave149 [Jd 6h]denster2: calls 20Vosseidani: folds job4494: calls 20gdunn4: calls 20hoosier2120: calls 20onur82: calls 2094ssimpala: calls 20Dave149: calls 10dottor bud: raises 1400 to 1420 and is all-indenster2: calls 1400job4494: raises 1300 to 2720 and is all-ingdunn4: folds hoosier2120: calls 1170 and is all-inonur82: folds 94ssimpala: folds Dave149: folds denster2: calls 30 and is all-inUncalled bet (1270) returned to job4494*** FLOP *** [7h 8d Qc]*** TURN *** [7h 8d Qc] [7c]*** RIVER *** [7h 8d Qc 7c] [9d]*** SHOW DOWN ***denster2: shows [Ah Ks] (a pair of Sevens)job4494: shows [6s Td] (a straight, Six to Ten)job4494 collected 60 from side pot-2 dottor bud: shows [Ad Qs] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)job4494 collected 690 from side pot-1 hoosier2120: shows [5c 6c] (a straight, Five to Nine)job4494 collected 4840 from main potFupahead is connected *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5590 Main pot 4840. Side pot-1 690. Side pot-2 60. | Rake 0 Board [7h 8d Qc 7c 9d]Seat 1: Dave149 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: dottor bud (big blind) showed [Ad Qs] and lost with two pair, Queens and SevensSeat 3: denster2 showed [Ah Ks] and lost with a pair of SevensSeat 4: Vosseidani folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: job4494 showed [6s Td] and won (5590) with a straight, Six to TenSeat 6: gdunn4 folded before FlopSeat 7: hoosier2120 showed [5c 6c] and lost with a straight, Five to NineSeat 8: onur82 folded before FlopSeat 9: 94ssimpala (button) folded before Flop

Fogell: Yo guys! Sup?Seth: Fogell, where have you been, man? You almost gave me a goddamn heart attack. Let me see it. Did you pussy out or what?Fogell: No noooo, man. I got it; it is flawless. Check it!Evan: [examining the fake ID] Hawaii. All right, that's good. That's hard to trace, I guess. Wait... you changed your name to... McLovin?Fogell: Yeah.Evan: McLovin? What kind of a stupid name is that, Fogell? What, are you trying to be an Irish R&B singer?Fogell: Naw, they let you pick any name you want when you get down there.Seth: And you landed on McLovin...Fogell: Yeah. It was between that or Muhammed.Seth: Why the FUCK would it be between THAT or Muhammed? Why don't you just pick a common name like a normal person?Fogell: Muhammed is the most commonly used name on Earth. Read a fucking book for once.Evan: Fogell, have you actually ever met anyone named Muhammed?Fogell: Have YOU actually ever met anyone named McLovin?Seth: No, that's why you picked a dumb fucking name!Fogell: Fuck you.Seth: Gimme that. All right, you look like a future pedophile in this picture, number 1. Number 2: it doesn't even have a first name, it just says "McLovin"!Evan: What? One name? ONE NAME? Who are you? Seal?Seth: Fogell, this ID says that you're 25 years old. Why wouldn't you just put 21, man?Fogell: Seth, Seth, Seth. Listen up, ass-face: every day, hundreds of kids go into the liquor store with fake IDs, and every single one says they're 21. Pssh, how many 21 year olds do you think there are in this town? It's called fucking strategy, all right?Evan: Stay calm, okay? Let's not lose our heads. It's... it's a fine ID; it'll... it's gonna work. It's passable, okay? This isn't terrible. I mean, it's up to you, Fogell. This guy is either gonna think 'Here's another kid with a fake ID' or 'Here's McLovin, a 25 year-old Hawaiian organ donor'. Okay? So what's it gonna be?Fogell: [grinning] ... I am McLovin!Seth: No you're not. No one's McLovin. McLovin's never existed because that's a made up dumb FUCKING FAIRY TALE NAME, YOU FUCK! TID guys.

I tried to confirm some tournaments, but they were closed. What is the procedure for this?
We have to look them up on OPR.A bunch of muttern's aren't showing up there yet, though they should soon.
We just had a situation come up, and I just want to make the ruling clear for everyone... In the case of a chop, your points are still awarded based on your finish.
I assumed as much and went and confirmed it straight away.It'll probably take a few hours for mutterns to appear on OPR
We just had a situation come up, and I just want to make the ruling clear for everyone... In the case of a chop, your points are still awarded based on your finish.
bullshit, imo.
bullshit, imo.
We just had another situation come up, and I just wanted to make the ruling clear to everyone. All of XXEddie's points will be immediately transferred to The Wave.
We just had another situation come up, and I just wanted to make the ruling clear to everyone. All of XXEddie's points will be immediately transferred to The Wave.
Fine, transfer all 0 of them to him.
This rule has some inherent dangers, so you might want to clarify it a bit more.I assume it means that when someone is at a final table, they are allowed to chop, hoping that the other players after that will not be interested in getting first place anymore. (A rule which I personally don't like very much, but I guess if it's there, everyone is free to use it to their advantage or not.)However, will you also allow players to actually mention to the other players that they're in this challenge? Say someone is heads up with an opponent, and has a slight chip lead. Would he be allowed to propose an even chop on the condition that the other guy lets him win first place? I would say that goes a bit far.
However, will you also allow players to actually mention to the other players that they're in this challenge? Say someone is heads up with an opponent, and has a slight chip lead. Would he be allowed to propose an even chop on the condition that the other guy lets him win first place? I would say that goes a bit far.
anyone caught doing this will face the wrath of Q. i can be rather wrathful. the wrath, the vengeance, the raining of the blood. quite spectacular.
anyone caught doing this will face the wrath of Q. i can be rather wrathful. the wrath, the vengeance, the raining of the blood. quite spectacular.
There seems to be a tournament registered under nobody, which seems to be me registering after the web has logged me out. I didn't notice this until the tourney started so I re-registered it but I'm not sure if it is allowed. So yeah, fix that log-out system.
This rule has some inherent dangers, so you might want to clarify it a bit more.I assume it means that when someone is at a final table, they are allowed to chop, hoping that the other players after that will not be interested in getting first place anymore. (A rule which I personally don't like very much, but I guess if it's there, everyone is free to use it to their advantage or not.)However, will you also allow players to actually mention to the other players that they're in this challenge? Say someone is heads up with an opponent, and has a slight chip lead. Would he be allowed to propose an even chop on the condition that the other guy lets him win first place? I would say that goes a bit far.
My understanding is that PokerStars requires you to to leave some portion of the money to play for, so that there is always incentive to actually win. If someone arranged some kind of under the table chop where the other players didn't care to get first place that would be cheating. If someone is using a chop to gain advantage in the challenge that is obviously not permitted (i.e. arranging to get first place and shipping first place money to the other player). In other words, making deals with other players to improve your finish place is not allowed. In the case at hand, a chop was made heads up but they played the tourney out legitimately. In that case, the rank achieved is legitimate regardless of the money distribution.
My understanding is that PokerStars requires you to to leave some portion of the money to play for, so that there is always incentive to actually win.
Is that true? I seem to remember chops in $4.40s where everything was divided. I thought it was only in some bigger tournaments that they explicitly stated that a certain amount had to be left for the winner.Anyway, enough about that. A new weekend, with new chances, has just begun. I'm firing up the next three - anyone who's bored, feel free to jump in.
Is that true? I seem to remember chops in $4.40s where everything was divided. I thought it was only in some bigger tournaments that they explicitly stated that a certain amount had to be left for the winner.
Well if that's true then the 4.40 challenge requires you to leave some money for the winner. :club:
My understanding is that PokerStars requires you to to leave some portion of the money to play for, so that there is always incentive to actually win. If someone arranged some kind of under the table chop where the other players didn't care to get first place that would be cheating. If someone is using a chop to gain advantage in the challenge that is obviously not permitted (i.e. arranging to get first place and shipping first place money to the other player). In other words, making deals with other players to improve your finish place is not allowed. In the case at hand, a chop was made heads up but they played the tourney out legitimately. In that case, the rank achieved is legitimate regardless of the money distribution.
Pokerstars does not require you to leave some portion of the money to play for in this tournement, however u CAN leave some money to play for if u wish..I think a chop shouldnt be allowed in this challenge.. everytime u make a chop with ur opponent, or opponents, they will not play like they would without the chop