Alan Kessler Pissed At Dn

BINGO!Alan Kessler91671.jpg
I would love to know how a guy like that gets known as Chainsaw, unless it's ironic as he looks boring. Unless it's about killing ex-wives or going on some sort of rampage?
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to know how a guy like that gets known as Chainsaw, unless it's ironic as he looks boring. Unless it's about killing ex-wives or going on some sort of rampage?
He looks like one of those quiet guys, who may do a spot of midnight gardening
chainsaw is obv a huge joke. he loves it though, and sometimes uses it in his autograph
Thought so, makes the most sense. From reading a bit of his blog, then reading the rest after I woke up, he seems pretty nitty. And yeah, he always puts it at the end.Won't be reading again, unless I decide to bore-up my life a bit.
BINGO!Alan Kessler91671.jpg
If thats not a rapist i dont know what is ..
LOL. It's a 1500 stud tournament at the world series. It has a better structure than the NLHEs Ive been grinding.The whole room was buzzing? Like Barbara Enright and Eric Hershler? Did Chris Karraguleyen stop by and deliver his thoughts as well, Chainsaw? Did Eskimo Clark give you some reassurance that the structure was terrible?I don't know much about stud but DN probably did play the hand bad and if he did, it's bc he doesn't think the 1500 stud tournament is as major or prestigious as you do. Stop being so miserable, it's hard to look at, albeit not as bad as your face. Rub one out and try to steal the blinds once in a while, for fucks sake.
:ts having a bad time at the series ? hang in there manps the rub one out line made me lol :club:
LOL. It's a 1500 stud tournament at the world series. It has a better structure than the NLHEs Ive been grinding.The whole room was buzzing? Like Barbara Enright and Eric Hershler? Did Chris Karraguleyen stop by and deliver his thoughts as well, Chainsaw? Did Eskimo Clark give you some reassurance that the structure was terrible?I don't know much about stud but DN probably did play the hand bad and if he did, it's bc he doesn't think the 1500 stud tournament is as major or prestigious as you do. Stop being so miserable, it's hard to look at, albeit not as bad as your face. Rub one out and try to steal the blinds once in a while, for fucks sake.
This is without a doubt the funniest thing I've read on this site in a month. Eskimo Clark!!! Barbara Enright!!! LOOOOL!!!!Very well done sir!
/end threadSeriously I loved this, tell us what you really think looshle! :D:club::4h:D:ts:5c

Larry David don't know squat about tournament structures- I do. Here is the deal, the amount of play in a tournament is dictated by the buy in and the juice paid to Harrah's. The more juice you pay, the better structure you should get. Everyone agree with that? Ok, so based on that notion you shouldn't expect the excellent 10k structures to be the same in a $1500 buy in. Having said that, while the $1500 buy ins start off quicker than in years passed, extra levels WERE added to the later levels so that when it counts, you don't get screwed with big increases. The absolute best tournament structure is one that starts out at a meaningful level and stays fairly consistent in terms of average stack number of blinds. By starting off with a quicker pace early, you can create a more gradual structure later in the event. That's good for all, except Larry David, but what does he know.

Larry David don't know squat about tournament structures- I do. Here is the deal, the amount of play in a tournament is dictated by the buy in and the juice paid to Harrah's. The more juice you pay, the better structure you should get. Everyone agree with that? Ok, so based on that notion you shouldn't expect the excellent 10k structures to be the same in a $1500 buy in. Having said that, while the $1500 buy ins start off quicker than in years passed, extra levels WERE added to the later levels so that when it counts, you don't get screwed with big increases. The absolute best tournament structure is one that starts out at a meaningful level and stays fairly consistent in terms of average stack number of blinds. By starting off with a quicker pace early, you can create a more gradual structure later in the event. That's good for all, except Larry David, but what does he know.
FO SHIZZLE
Larry David don't know squat about tournament structures- I do. Here is the deal, the amount of play in a tournament is dictated by the buy in and the juice paid to Harrah's. The more juice you pay, the better structure you should get. Everyone agree with that? Ok, so based on that notion you shouldn't expect the excellent 10k structures to be the same in a $1500 buy in.
Not that you probably care (and not that it matters, since I'll almost assuredly never play in a WSOP event), but I don't agree with this line of thinking. Let me preface by saying I don't know whether the structure was crappy or not (probably not great, but probably not as bad as he is saying). I think there are a lot of people that go to WSOP and a 1500 buy in is a lot to them, and to say 'well, its not a 10k buyin, so who cares, here's a less than optimal structure' seems sort of crass. Then again I'm a bleeding heart democrat, so who knows. Ive gleaned from reading your blog that the WSOP has added more larger buy in events and more non-NL events, so the pros are already afforded a lot of chances to excel in the world series (either buy ins that your normal fishy can't afford or in games that they couldnt succeed at with any regularity) that I don't think its necessary to turn the small buy in events into a crap shoot. There are low-mid buyin online tournaments for crapshoots. Its the World Series of Poker, every tournament, regardless of buyin, should be sort of presitgious. Just my opinion (and again, it could all be moot, I dont know whether the structure was bad or not, Im just commenting on your one statement).
He knows a group 1 starting texas holdem hand when he sees one.
Not that you probably care (and not that it matters, since I'll almost assuredly never play in a WSOP event), but I don't agree with this line of thinking. Let me preface by saying I don't know whether the structure was crappy or not (probably not great, but probably not as bad as he is saying). I think there are a lot of people that go to WSOP and a 1500 buy in is a lot to them, and to say 'well, its not a 10k buyin, so who cares, here's a less than optimal structure' seems sort of crass. Then again I'm a bleeding heart democrat, so who knows. Ive gleaned from reading your blog that the WSOP has added more larger buy in events and more non-NL events, so the pros are already afforded a lot of chances to excel in the world series (either buy ins that your normal fishy can't afford or in games that they couldnt succeed at with any regularity) that I don't think its necessary to turn the small buy in events into a crap shoot. There are low-mid buyin online tournaments for crapshoots. Its the World Series of Poker, every tournament, regardless of buyin, should be sort of presitgious. Just my opinion (and again, it could all be moot, I dont know whether the structure was bad or not, Im just commenting on your one statement).
I agree with this in principle, but the WSOP schedule is totaly packed so I don't think it's feasible from a business perspective to have every small buy in event on a slow structure.