52 members have voted

1. 1. Penguins vs Red Wings

• Penguins
    • Red Wings

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh, fucking gave me hope. oh well, didnt think we were gonna sweep. i think we played much better in the third, hopefully we dont come out and play bad on saturday.

What a hockey game! One of the most excited games I've seen in a LONG time!We got a series now!And this is how I expected these two teams to play in this series! The Pens didn't show up in the first two, but hopefully they can keep up their great play for the rest of the series. They aren't going to ever dominate a team like Detroit for 60 minutes, unless they pull a no show like the Pens in game 1 and 2, but they showed tonight that they can play with them, and win.GREAT GAME!

Leetch could not hold Lidstrom's jock strap. I know Coffey was great and all, but I always thought he was a bit over rated. When Coffey and Lidstrom were on the same team, Lidstrom stood out more (and that was before Lidsrom's prime). I never saw Coffey in the mid 80s, so I understand I am probably off on him.
And waaaaaaaaay after Coffey's.
I'm not a big fan of NHL 95 camera angle they had for more of the detroit PP.
I kinda liked it, everyone else here hated it.
Has anyone else noticed Edzo's poorly hidden dislike of the Penguins?
I think he tried to hard to even out how much he favors them.
sigh, fucking gave me hope. oh well, didnt think we were gonna sweep. i think we played much better in the third, hopefully we dont come out and play bad on saturday.
See, they gave you hope. When the Pens lose, there's no hope. WE LOSE! :club:
How do you figure?
Well Detroit obviously deserved to win the first 2 games. They outplayed Pittsburgh for a bit more then half the game although it was close. Detroit was the better team but Pittsburgh did put in a way better effort. Thats why I think it should be 3-0.

I agree Detroit was the best team in game 1 or 2. I'm not serge-delusional, but I don't think you can say definitely that one team was the better team in this game tonight. I think Pens fans will prolly look and say that the Pens had a small edge, and Wings fans will prolly think the opposite. That leads me to think it was quite even. The NBC guys commented how even this game was, and even tho most of them are retarded, I agree with them.

I agree Detroit was the best team in game 1 or 2. I'm not serge-delusional, but I don't think you can say definitely that one team was the better team in this game tonight. I think Pens fans will prolly look and say that the Pens had a small edge, and Wings fans will prolly think the opposite. That leads me to think it was quite even. The NBC guys commented how even this game was, and even tho most of them are retarded, I agree with them.
No, I'd agree that the game was pretty even. I still think that Detroit is the better team, and I expect them to play better and win Games 4 and 5,.
Has anyone else noticed Edzo's poorly hidden dislike of the Penguins?
omg, yes. Idk how anyone can not notice it. IMO, he shouldn't even be allowed to do Pens games anymore. It is utterly ridiculous. Every chance he gets he tries to pull a low blow on the team/players/organization.Dude, you sucked as a coach, we fired you, get over it. Before we gave you a chance and put you behind the bench, you were right where you are now, in the announcers booth. Get over it, get over yourself, and stop treating a franchise that gave you so much so poorly.

I seriously don't get where you guys are coming from AT ALL. He always seems to support the players, especially Crosby. He thinks it's wrong that Therrien wasn't a finalist for the Adams trophy, and that Gonchar shoulda been a Norris trophy finalist. How you guys seriously get that Edzo is anything BUT pro-Penguins baffles me. I almost thought he was too biased towards the Pens at certain points in the earlier rounds. If this perception you have is because he called it as he saw it as far as the first 2 games versus Detroit...well, at least he's doing his job. The players/coaches/organization WAS outclassed for those games.And I hardly think the team that he was handed is him being "given a chance." That was an AHL team at best.

I seriously don't get where you guys are coming from AT ALL. He always seems to support the players, especially Crosby. He thinks it's wrong that Therrien wasn't a finalist for the Adams trophy, and that Gonchar shoulda been a Norris trophy finalist. How you guys seriously get that Edzo is anything BUT pro-Penguins baffles me. I almost thought he was too biased towards the Pens at certain points in the earlier rounds. If this perception you have is because he called it as he saw it as far as the first 2 games versus Detroit...well, at least he's doing his job. The players/coaches/organization WAS outclassed for those games.And I hardly think the team that he was handed is him being "given a chance." That was an AHL team at best.
I'll post more indepthly whenever I'm not 12-tabling. It'll prob have to be tomorrow since I'm gonna crash after this session. If I haven't replied by mid-afternoon tmr, someone PM me and remind me as I don't frequent the hockey forum.
I'll post more indepthly whenever I'm not 12-tabling. It'll prob have to be tomorrow since I'm gonna crash after this session. If I haven't replied by mid-afternoon tmr, someone PM me and remind me as I don't frequent the hockey forum.
okay, I'll make sure I do that
Horrible call by the ref making the faceoff out of the zone.
I didn't go back and rewatch this but when I saw the slow mo it seemed obvious that malkin was the only one who touched itPittsburgh definitely had the edge in this game and to say it should be 3-0 is laughable. It was a very even game, but Pittsburgh had way more offensive chances than Detroit. Detroit did manage to get more shots but many of their 2 on 2s and other chances ended up being long shots from the point and outside. Pittsburgh held the puck down low and were moving the puck like they've been doing every game of the playoffs (except the first two of this series). It was an awesome game that's for sure. I forgot to go back and replay the Detroit shot at the open net that somehow never went in the net. I guess the non-stop action after that made me forget. Memorable things from the game...The three playing together and jelling halfway through the first then being split up and invigorating the whole team. Crosby was great. Malkin played with energy. Hossa had flashes of being a top 5 offensive player in the league like he was much of his time in Atlanta.Osgood was very good tonight. He isn't often asked to step up but this was strangely enough probably his best game of the series.Franzen's goal was the best of the night.The hit parade from Orpik.I don't know why it always catches me by surprise but Detroit's depth. Z and D weren't really noticeable to be honest.Holmstrom taking a beating like always. Very feisty game overall tonight.Why do I say the Pens had the definite edge? The game was very even throughout but I think Detroit managed to capitalize on all of their really good chances (except the weird play that I thought went in the net and when the net was dislodged). The Pens had a TON of chances throughout the game and were only stopped by Osgood and plays that were off by inches.

That was a great game. Would have preferred a different result but the end product was great to watch, especially that 10 minutes of the 3rd. Still wish that one day we can have good officiating though. I am not whining that we didn't get calls I am whining that both of our teams got shafted on what seemed pretty blatant calls and both teams got penalties on some pretty ticky tack calls as well. Either call them all or let them play. Personally I say let them play but sadly we always get and odd mixture.Sucks I will be in Brooklyn for game 4. I have to get to our hotel by 8.

I am whining that both of our teams got shafted on what seemed pretty blatant calls
The morning show I listen to, the sports guy made a good point...How do ALL FOUR refs miss the highstick to Lindstrom's face when he's facing all four of them and has the puck?