Coaching Change Predictions

I predict that Sam Mitchell will be coaching the Knicks next year and Mike D'Antoni will be the Raptors coach.Donnie Walsh for some reason loves Mitchell and D'Antoni would be a perfect fit with the Raptors roster and management who worked with him in Phoenix and in Italy.

Mitchell will be in TO next year, unfortunately.D'Antoni will be with the Knicks. I think that will be a terrible move too because they cannot play the style of basketball that he coaches. They just have absolutely no talent on that team....other than Crawford.

I don't see D'Antoni going to a bad team, so him going to the Knicks I just don't buy. I know Cuban likes to toss the cash around so I'll throw a wild guess with D'Antoni to coach Dallas.

I don't see D'Antoni going to a bad team, so him going to the Knicks I just don't buy. I know Cuban likes to toss the cash around so I'll throw a wild guess with D'Antoni to coach Dallas.
That would be a great fit for D'Antoni, especially with Kidd.The only reason I think he'll be with the Knicks is something is going to change in NY. They are going to have to do something drastic on the court, now that they've cleaned up the front office.....somewhat.
That would be a great fit for D'Antoni, especially with Kidd.The only reason I think he'll be with the Knicks is something is going to change in NY. They are going to have to do something drastic on the court, now that they've cleaned up the front office.....somewhat.
Please stop thinking of Kidd as a top player, he just isn't any longer. For D'Antoni's system to work your point guard had better be able to hit a jump shot and Kidd is the worst shooting point guard in the NBA. He can still make some great passes in the open floor but is a huge liability once you get into a half court set.I could see him going to Dallas but does he want to work for Cuban ?If D'Antoni leaves or is fired from Phoenix the absolute place he would feel most comfortable is Toronto. He knows that he can get along with Colangelo and Guradini was the person he coached for in Italty. Also the pieces to play his style of basketball are in place.

I don't think Kidd is a top player anymore, but one thing he does very well is run the break and keep his dribble alive. The thing he doesn't do very well is the pick and roll. He'd fit in quite well imo.I'd love to see D'Antoni in Toronto, but if that's the case, they would have to get rid of TJ Ford. He just wouldn't fit into that type of system. Calderon would be perfect. One more "good" player I think is needed on that squad too to run the break.

I don't think Kidd is a top player anymore, but one thing he does very well is run the break and keep his dribble alive. The thing he doesn't do very well is the pick and roll. He'd fit in quite well imo.I'd love to see D'Antoni in Toronto, but if that's the case, they would have to get rid of TJ Ford. He just wouldn't fit into that type of system. Calderon would be perfect. One more "good" player I think is needed on that squad too to run the break.
TJ is gone no matter who is the coach. It's just a matter of what they can get for him.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...o&type=lgnsThere is an intriguing chessboard of coaching moves that could play out this spring. The wild card could be the ever-deteriorating relationship between Toronto Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo and his coach, Sam Mitchell. Multiple sources describe a season of constant confrontations, with Colangelo relentlessly challenging Mitchell’s strategies and preparation and harsh handling of 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick Andrea Bargnani.After the Raptors went down 3-1 to Orlando on Saturday, sources said Colangelo flipped out over learning that Mitchell played a round of golf the following day. Mitchell was left to wonder who snitched, and on and on it goes. They are such different people, with different backgrounds and Mitchell’s belief system, rooted in old-school American basketball, never has meshed with the GM’s Euro philosophy.Colangelo told reporters in Toronto on Tuesday that he didn’t plan on making a coaching change “at this time,” an endorsement. For now, the two years and guaranteed $9 million left on Mitchell’s deal make him tough to fire.Colangelo tried to lowball Mitchell on a contract extension a year ago, but the threat of the NBA coach of the year leaving Toronto for Charlotte or Indiana eventually earned Mitchell his extension. Yet New York Knicks GM Donnie Walsh loves Mitchell, an old Pacer, and is closely monitoring circumstances in Toronto. Walsh has been leaning toward Mark Jackson throughout his search process, but suddenly a five-game loss to Orlando in the Eastern Conference playoffs and the crumbling relationship with Colangelo could make Mitchell a candidate for a Raiders-Buccaneers Gruden-esque trade with the Knicks.“Sam is the perfect guy to kick (Eddy) Curry and (Zach) Randolph in the ass and get something out of them,” a rival Eastern Conference executive said. “Donnie loves tough guys, and that’s why he loves Sam.”A year ago, Colangelo had his eye on Marc Iavaroni, the Suns assistant, but who would’ve thought that Mike D’Antoni could become available? Colangelo hired D’Antoni with the Suns and constructed that roster, and they see the game through the international basketball prism. If Toronto is available as a soft landing spot for D’Antoni, perhaps he beats the posse out of the desert this year instead of next.

D'Antoni should go to Toronto....logical fit. Only problem: Sam Mitchell has two years and 9 million dollars left on his contract. Is the Toronto owner loose with his monies? I think the Bulls would really benefit from D'Antoni. Avery Johnson should go to the Knicks.....he will at least restore some order.

I think the Bulls would really benefit from D'Antoni. Avery Johnson should go to the Knicks.....he will at least restore some order.
They mentioned on SC yesterday that D'Antoni had permission to talk to the Bulls and Knicks. No mention of Toronto.
D'Antoni should go to Toronto....logical fit. Only problem: Sam Mitchell has two years and 9 million dollars left on his contract. Is the Toronto owner loose with his monies? I think the Bulls would really benefit from D'Antoni. Avery Johnson should go to the Knicks.....he will at least restore some order.
Agree on both counts.
Agree on both counts.
I would hate to see D'Antoni go to the east unless he came to the Hawks...I might be biased, but how well would our athletic team fit in with his offense???BTW imo the Raptors would be a terrible fit with his offense {sorry need more athletes)!!!
I would hate to see D'Antoni go to the east unless he came to the Hawks...I might be biased, but how well would our athletic team fit in with his offense???BTW imo the Raptors would be a terrible fit with his offense {sorry need more athletes)!!!
Hmmmmmm...really??? Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Carlos Delfino, etc. Those are some pretty good, athletic young players. Get 'em a decent big man and maybe another shooter and this is a possible top 3 team in the East, imo.