worst night to have to work ever...

so I signed up for the freeroll on truepoker today and i thought it was supposed to start at about 1:00 central time...well turns out it started at 3:00 central time...there is a $5000 prize pool with the top 40 being paid.... currently there are 42 players left... and I am in the top 5 for chip position... BUTI have to leave for work in 10 minutes... how's that for suck?I guess I'll just get blinded of in about 25th-35th or something... but man... I have an awesome shot to take down over $1000 quick bucks and I have to leave.

I have, on more then one occasion had a friend play part of them tournament for me when I couldnt get out of something. Its better then getting blinded out.

just show up 2 hours late to work and say "I thought work started at 7pm, not 5pm" Just like what happened to you with the tourney...pawn off your misfortune onto you d.ickhead boss. He'll get over it. Besides, work can always be made up right?EDIT: Your boss would probably fire you if he knew you were dumb enough to leave money on the table for some $5.25/hour hand job.

just show up 2 hours late to work and say "I thought work started at 7pm, not 5pm" Just like what happened to you with the tourney...pawn off your misfortune onto you d.ickhead boss. He'll get over it. Besides, work can always be made up right?EDIT: Your boss would probably fire you if he knew you were dumb enough to leave money on the table for some $5.25/hour hand job.
Just...stop talking.
so I signed up for the freeroll on truepoker today and i thought it was supposed to start at about 1:00 central time...well turns out it started at 3:00 central time...there is a $5000 prize pool with the top 40 being paid.... currently there are 42 players left... and I am in the top 5 for chip position... BUTI have to leave for work in 10 minutes... how's that for suck?I guess I'll just get blinded of in about 25th-35th or something... but man... I have an awesome shot to take down over $1000 quick bucks and I have to leave.
Dude you need to get your priorities straight, get on the phone and let your boss know that you are wrapping up a tournement, and will be in as soon as it is done.

well you see the thing is....I work at a blockbuster video...so calling in sick on friday and saturday nights = looked down upon...and I've alread been requesting a lot of days off and calling in sick a lot the last couple weeks... so I didn't want to piss anyone off...I just had my little brother play the rest of the tourney for me... I left with 40 people remaining..and he finished in 15th.... not bad... only $75 bucks though... when I really feel like I could have finished in top 3 easily.

well you see the thing is....I work at a blockbuster video...so calling in sick on friday and saturday nights = looked down upon...and I've alread been requesting a lot of days off and calling in sick a lot the last couple weeks... so I didn't want to censored anyone off...I just had my little brother play the rest of the tourney for me... I left with 40 people remaining..and he finished in 15th.... not bad... only $75 bucks though... when I really feel like I could have finished in top 3 easily.
I would beat him down, come on 15th. You should give him the choice take it out of his allowance or his a*s*s.

Seriously, if he really loved you he could have cracked top 10 easily. He can blame it on the cards, I say it's his attitude. Beat him up, little @sshole.

Guest XXEddie

You shoulda phoned him from work"what do you have? ok, riase it"Customer-excuse me, can you help me?you- ssshhh, im involved in a hand right now...yeah, go allin, good

well... it may have been my own fault.... I told him to play super-duper tight...which towards the ends of tourneys we all know you have to be aggressive... but I was just hoping that other people would make mistakes and go out before him or he would catch a rush of cards... but...oh well... there are more, and I know I'm very capable of winning more.

Playing tight and playing aggressive can't be compared because alot of good players play tight-aggressive.It's two different scales.

Playing tight and playing aggressive can't be compared because alot of good players play tight-aggressive.It's two different scales.
sorry.... I meant more "passive" then "tight"...like I pretty much told him to fold unless he had AK,AQ,AA,KK or QQ... pretty much anything else I told him to fold.... hahahha... so pretty much I just needed him to hit a huge rush of cards to take it down or to try and survive til the top ten... oh well.
well you see the thing is....I work at a blockbuster video...so calling in sick on friday and saturday nights = looked down upon...and I've alread been requesting a lot of days off and calling in sick a lot the last couple weeks... so I didn't want to censored anyone off...I just had my little brother play the rest of the tourney for me... I left with 40 people remaining..and he finished in 15th.... not bad... only $75 bucks though... when I really feel like I could have finished in top 3 easily.
You can't possibly be this dumb. Please tell us this is all a joke.You feel bad about screwing over Blockbuster Video? The company owned by the evil Wayne Huizenga? F.uck that. Consider it payback for all their b.ullshit late fees and stuff.Why have you been calling in sick a lot lately? Really sick, or just faking it? If faking it, then I have no sympathy for you.