Wpt Championship Day 3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance, Dan is gone.Calls all in with 78? Are you kidding me? What a garbage hand for Daniel to lose to. I'm sure they will put the details on Card Player live updates, and I look forward to a great blog analysis by Daniel.Well played, made the money, excellent result. Clearly played extremely well to still kick ass with a short stack after getting coolered so many times. Always got smahed by a bad beat or cold deck, then played well to get back up. Couldn't get away from bad cards and bad players.

That was a rough way to go out. You got it in with the best of it. Just a shame that things didn't work out. GG
Not really. 9-10 was leading I think.
That was a rough way to go out. You got it in with the best of it. Just a shame that things didn't work out. GG
Got it in w/the best of it? I don't understand. Unless I'm missing something, he was almost drawing dead when he got it in. (overpair vs. set, two pair & a straight draw (not to mention a possible flush draw))...
Set was way ahead..daniel improved to more outs when the queen came on the turn.. feel sorry for the guy with the set of 10s.
That's right. The set would be ahead. That's a type of hand only seen in the latest Bond movie.

Well, I said yesterday the unreal final table would be:1. Daniel Negreanu2. Tom Dwan3. Dario Minieri4. Mike Matusow5. Scotty Nguyen6. Gus HansenNow only Hansen and Dwan left. I can only dream...Out of the field so far, I would want:1. Tom Dwan2. Gus Hansen3. JC Tran4. Amir Vahedi5. Andrew Black6. Carlos Mortensen, I guess

First off Congrats on playing tough to cash.Second for as big as tourney as this is supposed to be (going from Card Playeron these numbers)....isn't it a little disappointing that the average stack on the bubble had only a M of 12.86.Card player numbers coming back from break are 4k-8k 1k ante so 21k w/ an ave of 270,000 for the players. For 25K doesn't this seem low.I might need to post this in it's own to see what I am missing but for as deep stack as they say this is, doesn't seem that special.Let me know what I am missing.Huskers20

Second for as big as tourney as this is supposed to be (going from Card Playeron these numbers)....isn't it a little disappointing that the average stack on the bubble had only a M of 12.86.Card player numbers coming back from break are 4k-8k 1k ante so 21k w/ an ave of 270,000 for the players. For 25K doesn't this seem low.I might need to post this in it's own to see what I am missing but for as deep stack as they say this is, doesn't seem that special.Let me know what I am missing.Huskers20
Those are good thoughts. My only response is that (not to sound harsh) but a tournies gotta end sometime. Two comparisons. The WSOP ME last year had 6358 people (about 12x the number here) takes 7 days (counting all Day 1's as 1 and all Day 2's as 1), this takes 6 days. So the ME has to eliminate 12x the people with only one extra day. Now on the other hand the 50K HORSE event last year had 148 people (about 3.5x less people) and takes 5 days. So while I agree that might not be ideal, it's not absolutely horrendous. (Now to make my math moot: if my math here is right, the average stack on the bubble at the ME was about 200K, blinds were 2-4K 500ante, 10.5k per round, 210k would be a 20M, soooooooooooo yeah)
First off Congrats on playing tough to cash.Second for as big as tourney as this is supposed to be (going from Card Playeron these numbers)....isn't it a little disappointing that the average stack on the bubble had only a M of 12.86.Card player numbers coming back from break are 4k-8k 1k ante so 21k w/ an ave of 270,000 for the players. For 25K doesn't this seem low.I might need to post this in it's own to see what I am missing but for as deep stack as they say this is, doesn't seem that special.Let me know what I am missing.Huskers20
On Day 3 they skip TWO key levels that kill the play, 1200-2400 and 2500-5000. Those levels make the days longer, but for a 25k buy in they should be in there. Two 50 percent jumps so close together is brutal going from 1000-2000 to 1500-3000 and then from 2000-4000 to 3000-6000.
On Day 3 they skip TWO key levels that kill the play, 1200-2400 and 2500-5000. Those levels make the days longer, but for a 25k buy in they should be in there. Two 50 percent jumps so close together is brutal going from 1000-2000 to 1500-3000 and then from 2000-4000 to 3000-6000.
yeh most internet tourneys with good structures at the beginning usually go bad around this level too. Blinds increase 10-25% each round to start for the first 10 levels or so, and then in two levels the blinds increase 100% total, 50% each time. Drives me crazy
Not really. 9-10 was leading I think.
My mistake, I misread it. I was thinking that he was all-in pre-flop. That was a rough turn of events. Pretty hard to get away from an hand in which you have an overpair to what comes on the flop. Oh well, just go get 'em in the WSOP.

While Rast was stacking his chips, someone asked him about the call, and that's when he said, "I call because, what the hell, you gotta get chips somehow, right?" Negreanu added, "It's a pretty automatic call." Let's reenact the play. Since the pot was $1.1mil when it was all said and done, here is what happened.SB 5kBB 10kAnte 1k (total 9k) I assume it's 9 handed nowDaniel raises to 30k1010 calls 30k109 calls 30k78(BB) calls 20k moreTotal pot preflop: 134kBB bets 65kDaniel all in for 189k1010 all in for 195k109 all in for 290kTotal pot post flop before BB calls: 873kBB needs to call 225k more which give him about 3 to 1If he had 8 outs he would need 4 to 1 on his moneySince there was a flush draw, he really only had 6 outs which is 6.67 to 1Was Daniel being sarcastic about an "automatic call"? How many more chips did this Brian Rast have behind after the call?If Daniel is serious, how is it an auto call?

While Rast was stacking his chips, someone asked him about the call, and that's when he said, "I call because, what the hell, you gotta get chips somehow, right?" Negreanu added, "It's a pretty automatic call." Let's reenact the play. Since the pot was $1.1mil when it was all said and done, here is what happened.SB 5kBB 10kAnte 1k (total 9k) I assume it's 9 handed nowDaniel raises to 30k1010 calls 30k109 calls 30k78(BB) calls 20k moreTotal pot preflop: 134kBB bets 65kDaniel all in for 189k1010 all in for 195k109 all in for 290kTotal pot post flop before BB calls: 873kBB needs to call 225k more which give him about 3 to 1If he had 8 outs he would need 4 to 1 on his moneySince there was a flush draw, he really only had 6 outs which is 6.67 to 1Was Daniel being sarcastic about an "automatic call"? How many more chips did this Brian Rast have behind after the call?If Daniel is serious, how is it an auto call?
this is wrong, there are two cards so you need to divide it by 2, so it's very close. I dont hate the call.LOL at whoever said Daniel got in good, if you shove first with 3 people shoving after you, you will never ever ever have the best of it.
this is wrong, there are two cards so you need to divide it by 2, so it's very close. I dont hate the call.LOL at whoever said Daniel got in good, if you shove first with 3 people shoving after you, you will never ever ever have the best of it.
Sorry, I'll take the blame for that one. I misread the orginal post about him being eliminated. I thought it was preflop not post-flop. My mistake.