Wpt Championship Day 3

Bansi goes into the tank and looks frustrated by the bet. After a few minutes, he asks, "Do you want me to call?" The dealer informs him that he is not allowed to talk about the hand. Andy Black and Thomas Wahlroos come to Bansi's defense stating that he most certainly can ask that question, as long as it's heads up. The dealer then lets it go until the hand is over, but Vengrin isn't talking or moving much at all, anyway.Eventually, Bansi folds and the floor confirms that the dealer was correct. Even heads up, you cannot talk about the hand.Black is frustrated by the ruling, but lets it go anyway. Vengrin now has 220,000.
Since WHEN?
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WACO kid gets lucky-Jared Hamby Beats Aces and KingsBefore I give you the hand, Jared Hamby would like the world to know that the table was seven handed at the time....Jared Hamby open shoves 42,000 under the gun and is quickly called by Steve "thorladen" Weinstein under the gun +1. It is folded around to Cary Katz in the 9 seat, and he moves all in over the top for 120,000. Weinstein calls that as well and the players turn over their cards.Weinstein: A-AKatz: K-KHamby: 95The board comes K73Q8 and Hamby back doors a flush to crack the overpairs and survive. Weinstein doesn't even win the side pot because a king flopped and he is crippled down to 75,000.

They make the change but still don't really get it overall. See cardplayer post below.I mean since when can't you talk about a hand especially heads up. I see it happen all the time.Why would this be any different? Seems arbitrary. The player didn't ask anything specifically about the cards held.Bansi goes into the tank and looks frustrated by the bet. After a few minutes, he asks, "Do you want me to call?" The dealer informs him that he is not allowed to talk about the hand. Andy Black and Thomas Wahlroos come to Bansi's defense stating that he most certainly can ask that question, as long as it's heads up. The dealer then lets it go until the hand is over, but Vengrin isn't talking or moving much at all, anyway.Eventually, Bansi folds and the floor confirms that the dealer was correct. Even heads up, you cannot talk about the hand.Black is frustrated by the ruling, but lets it go anyway. Vengrin now has 220,000.
Jack McClelland is a highly respected tournament director. He "gets it."Here is his explanation of this ruling from last year:

where are the updates???

Couple tournament update. Ivey is now out. The chipleader is some up and comer named Gustav Hansen. He just lost a 100k pot and is still the chipleader. DN's unofficial chip count is listed at 167k.

Daniel Negreanu Knocked Down to 35,000Tuesday, April 22, 2008 03:26 PM PDT A player was all in with KK against Daniel Negreanu's QQ, and the final board was J5272.Negreanu was knocked down to 35,000 on the hand, and there are only a few minutes left in this level before blinds increase to 3,000-6,000 with a 500 ante.

Jack McClelland is a highly respected tournament director. He "gets it."Here is his explanation of this ruling from last year:
Thanks for the link. It makes me understand the position a little more. But I am still not buying the argument. Poker is all about trying to deceive your opponents about trying to get the pot. If you give a mean glare then you are trying to induce your opponent to fold. Why is that so different from talking? Maybe everyone should just play in complete silence! Being freindly with somebody is a type of manipulation that Daniel does well. I hear all the time people say this is friendly poker you don't need to raise my blind. Almost all talk is aimed at trying to deceive your opponents or getting them to do what you want. So what if everyone else is affected by that person's decision to call or fold. That is irrelevant. As poker player I am trying to win every pot I can I don't care if it makes someone else finish 6th or 7th and it seems totally irrelevant to the idea. If it is collusion or talking to get somebody to collude then ban it but otherwise I still don't think it makes any sense.
bulldozer!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOO, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, 0000000000000000
Who's in your avatar?