I have no ability to judge snoop on the Chronic and Doggiestyle objectively, because I loved those albums, and loved him on them. But everything he's made since has been terrible
Did you see him on Idol Gives Back? I didn't think that song was bad.
i know it's not politically correct but Ice Ice Baby is a good song
I agree with this.
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The filler tracks on Country Grammar are some of the most boring, terrible song of the genre. Revisiting the radio single I'd disliked 6 or 7 years ago (really? That long?), I was actually surprised that the were so bearable, at least compared the the whole album. Taken in context, "Ride wit Me" wasn't that bad. The album on the whole gets a 2.8.

Although it's not technically "rap", I'd have to put Anthony Kiedis of RHCP up on that list. The guy delivers his (mostly) embarrassing lyrics in a pseudo-rap/talk style with a nasal twang that drives me insane with anger because he is the weakest link in the band. Frusciante is an excellent guitarist, Flea can slam bass with anyone (apparently self-taught) and their drummer (I don't know his name) looks stupid in that hat but can lay down a beat.

Why is Nelly on that list?
I have no idea. He's not one of the greatest emcees ever, but as far as hitmaking quality and producing rap I enjoy listening to, Nelly might be one of my favorites.
Although it's not technically "rap", I'd have to put Anthony Kiedis of RHCP up on that list. The guy delivers his (mostly) embarrassing lyrics in a pseudo-rap/talk style with a nasal twang that drives me insane with anger because he is the weakest link in the band. Frusciante is an excellent guitarist, Flea can slam bass with anyone (apparently self-taught) and their drummer (I don't know his name) looks stupid in that hat but can lay down a beat.
hahahha so true. One of my best friends was in a Peppers joke cover band, just because he thought kedis and his retarded lyrics were so funny. Blood sugar sucker fishIn my dishHow many piecesDo you wishStep into a heavenWhere I keep it on the soulsideGirl please meBe my soul brideEvery womanHas a piece of AphroditeCopulate to createA state of sexual lightKissing her virginityMy affinityI mingle with the godsI mingle with devinityBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikBlood sugar crazyShe has itSex magik sex magikBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikGlorious euphoriaIs my mustErotic shockIs a function of lustTemporarily blindDimensions to discoverIn timeEach into the otherUncontrollable notesFrom her snowwhite throatFill a spaceIn which two bodies floatOperatic by voiceA fanatic by choiceAromatic is the flowerShe must be moist
hahahha so true. One of my best friends was in a Peppers joke cover band, just because he thought kedis and his retarded lyrics were so funny. Blood sugar sucker fishIn my dishHow many piecesDo you wishStep into a heavenWhere I keep it on the soulsideGirl please meBe my soul brideEvery womanHas a piece of AphroditeCopulate to createA state of sexual lightKissing her virginityMy affinityI mingle with the godsI mingle with devinityBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikBlood sugar crazyShe has itSex magik sex magikBlood sugar babyShe's magikSex magik sex magikGlorious euphoriaIs my mustErotic shockIs a function of lustTemporarily blindDimensions to discoverIn timeEach into the otherUncontrollable notesFrom her snowwhite throatFill a spaceIn which two bodies floatOperatic by voiceA fanatic by choiceAromatic is the flowerShe must be moist
You try and do all the speedballs that man did and see what crazy shit you think sounds good!I'd just read this thread because I'm not huge on rap, like it, don't love it enough to make a list of 25 I hate. But leave Keidis alone, he's not a rapper. Sure early Chili's stuff had some funk in it but it was never rap lyrics.Plus rappers trying to sing is even worse. Eminem - Hayley's song (or whatever its called) is garbage.
You try and do all the speedballs that man did and see what crazy shit you think sounds good!I'd just read this thread because I'm not huge on rap, like it, don't love it enough to make a list of 25 I hate. But leave Keidis alone, he's not a rapper. Sure early Chili's stuff had some funk in it but it was never rap lyrics.Plus rappers trying to sing is even worse. Eminem - Hayley's song (or whatever its called) is garbage.
I don't know what Kedis is.. he's not a rapper exactly, but there are songs, like blood sugar sex magik, for example, where he sure ain't singing.

This is the opening track from BSSM:Power of EqualityIt's definitely a rap song and I like it, but things go downhill from here on in...And the lyrics are still pretty bad. It's the melody and rhythm that drives this song.Funky Monks? Come on. Even Give It Away is embarrassing to listen to these days.

you people keep badmouthing the chili peppers and I will come through this computer and beat you up!

I personally think 50 cent blows. Dre can probably turn anyone into a star. (If they look the part and have a great story, that is)Given 100 tries in a studio just about anyone can sound decent. I heard 50 live once and it was awful.

I personally think 50 cent blows. Dre can probably turn anyone into a star. (If they look the part and have a great story, that is)Given 100 tries in a studio just about anyone can sound decent. I heard 50 live once and it was awful.
50 was great when he was an underground artist. His first mainstream CD was really good as were some of his early collaborations with Em and Game, but the success went to his head and now he is Ja Rule v2.0.
50 was great when he was an underground artist. His first mainstream CD was really good as were some of his early collaborations with Em and Game, but the success went to his head and now he is Ja Rule v2.0.
I think we pretty much have the same opinion on most stuff regarding rap.
i disagree but i love 50 so thats that...and a few songs on the new mixtape were pretty good, he cracks me up with some his lines when he is talkin about fat joe
he cracks me up with some his lines when he is talkin about fat joe
Thats part of my problem with him now, he is going out and picking fights with people for no reason. Oh soandso made a song with that guy, I don't have a problem with him but now I'm gonna talk shit on a record about that guy to hype my sales. Works great on people who are still in high school, after a wile it just gets old.If 50 was 1/2 as good as he thinks he is, he would never need to address issues with other rappers on his songs.It's to bad because the guy is witty and used to make some great stuff, now he is worried about outselling KW, something he had no shot at doing.
Thats part of my problem with him now, he is going out and picking fights with people for no reason. Oh soandso made a song with that guy, I don't have a problem with him but now I'm gonna talk shit on a record about that guy to hype my sales. Works great on people who are still in high school, after a wile it just gets old.If 50 was 1/2 as good as he thinks he is, he would never need to address issues with other rappers on his songs.It's to bad because the guy is witty and used to make some great stuff, now he is worried about outselling KW, something he had no shot at doing.
When 50 and Kanye's album's were dropping, BET had this video show, that was split hosted by Kanye and 50, and they were each doing their own top 10 lists, and the video's would alternate, Kanye's 10, 50's 10, Kanye's 9, and so on. Kanye had a great mix of classic hip hop video's, biggie, Nas, Wutang, busta.. but every single one of 50's top ten were his own songs.. and the top 3 were like off his new album. And the songs were god awful. Pretty much sums it up right there.
dont get me wrong i agree he certainly has dropped off from his underground songs and his first album till now...and as im typing this i believe we had this discussion before in the kanye west thread.
dont get me wrong i agree he certainly has dropped off from his underground songs and his first album till now...and as im typing this i believe we had this discussion before in the kanye west thread.
Probably, I know I had it with someone on here... but I was thinking it was El Guapo.
I think we pretty much have the same opinion on most stuff regarding rap.
I have a ton of respect for you from now forward because you mentioned Mac Mall. Illegal Business was MY shit growing up. I'm assuming by your lists you enjoy the bay music so I recommend you check out Ya Boy. Pretty ridiculous wordplay IMO. Big Mike's The Fix mixtape is especially good.
I have a ton of respect for you from now forward because you mentioned Mac Mall. Illegal Business was MY shit growing up. I'm assuming by your lists you enjoy the bay music so I recommend you check out Ya Boy. Pretty ridiculous wordplay IMO. Big Mike's The Fix mixtape is especially good.
Yeah. I had Mac Mal, All the Clicks solo work, e40, D-Shot, B-legit, Rappin Fortay, Dru Down, Todd Shaw, ANt Banks, the whole Dangerous Crew, JT that Bigga Figga, Get Low Playas, etc. etc.Also one of my all time favs was Ras Kas, he was from LA area, but sounded like a mix of Bay Area rap and east coast. Oh and I forgot.RBL Posse. Theres' a Blue Bird on my shoulder can I kill it?