Question For The Bigger Players...

So here's what I am wondering. Once you sit down to play at a game with limits of say ... 300/600 or higher or maybe even a 10/20 nl game (which I wont be doing) what happens to the mood of the table. Is it still a bunch of people having a good time like at the lower limits or does everyone really tighten up and attend to business?Just wondering.Matt

Why play if you're not having a good time?
QFT
dude...NICE NICE NIIIIIICEEEE CHOICE on your sig picturemy fav pic of her!
If she sits down I am definitely havin fun!!!!!!
Basically... from observation (not playing at the games), but I've noticed at around 10/20NL and up, people get a lot more pissy and annoying.
I meant 5/10NL
Basically... from observation (not playing at the games), but I've noticed at around 10/20NL and up, people get a lot more pissy and annoying.
Nah... they can be just as pissy and annoying at the tiny limits too
I think this has a lot to do with ego more then the game.
Nah... they can be just as pissy and annoying at the tiny limits too
True, and I amended my limts... but I think it goes to another level around 5/10.
dude either you need to stop posting or i need to leave genpolove that pichi
cleverly hidden way to try to get me to stop posting?lol.hi
Fat guys have a reputation for being jolly...so games with bigger players should be on the fun side.
It's usually the guys who are like 35-45 with little man complex (whether they're little or not), who want to be the table general and can't seem to let a hand go by without a comment, and can't take a beat of any kind gracefully. Can't do anything gracefully actually.Maybe I'm stereotyping a bit, but that's just how poker is.
It's usually the guys who are like 35-45 with little man complex (whether they're little or not), who want to be the table general and can't seem to let a hand go by without a comment, and can't take a beat of any kind gracefully. Can't do anything gracefully actually.Maybe I'm stereotyping a bit, but that's just how poker is.
looooool
Why play if you're not having a good time?
exactly. i will leave a table if the sullen MFers won't cheer up. a happy table is an action table.
Fat guys have a reputation for being jolly...so games with bigger players should be on the fun side.
this is pretty much where I was going to go with it
So here's what I am wondering. Once you sit down to play at a game with limits of say ... 300/600 or higher or maybe even a 10/20 nl game (which I wont be doing) what happens to the mood of the table. Is it still a bunch of people having a good time like at the lower limits or does everyone really tighten up and attend to business?Just wondering.Matt
Brantford the 2/4 and the 5/10 limit games are where people chat it up and have a good time, the 10/20 and the 20/40 noone says much and everyone seems pissy. I am sure the higher ones are as well, but I have not played those...

Personal observations:Take a look inside Bobby's Room when ever there is a game going. Everyone in there looks like they are waiting for root canals.Sat behind Steve7 several times. Once with Sam Grizzle playing. One of the loudest most obnoxious (and hilarious) 100-200 game I've ever seen. Sam and a black guy were just giving it to each other, and Sam has all those old classic southern style put downs, many racial. It was nuts.Also watched a bit when Steve played Huck Seed, and a few other well knowns, and you could hear a pin drop.Commerce has some big cash games going during the LAPC and those games also seemed to be void of happiness and hilarity.My answer would be that the higher the game the more serious, obv. but it just depends on the players. Overall though it seems to be pretty quiet from what I've seen