I'm not certain whether or not this belongs in GS or BB, but do we ever fold under sets when our opponents shove our re-raises, or are we stacking 100% of the time? I just stacked 4 times in a row with 555 when I "knew" the opponent had a set, but folding a set is "verboten" according to Harrington, so I just felted and ate it.Instincts > Math, or should I just keep shoveling?

you go broke with them because it's so profitable to get it all in with sets on boards where it's not obvious villain has a straight or flush. you're running bad, but that doesn't means you should be folding a set because you "feel" villain has a higher set.

Generally, I agree with Rob here. You should be felting those sets a lot of the time. But after a while you're going to have to learn when folding a set is the right play.

look at it like this: 5-15% o fthe time your opponent shoves with a higher set. ALL the other times he shoves with top 2, top and bottom 2, bottom 2, straight + flusdraw, flushdraw with overs, overpair, whatever. the strength that your opponent indicates just says that he thinks he has you beat, not that he literally has.

Set over set isn't something to worry about. Think about it.You're going to have the overset just as often as you're going to have the underset. This is one of those things that just breaks even in the long run.

I can count on my one hand the number of times I have considered folding under sets in NLHE. Boards like 9 T J suited come to mind, facing heavy action. That being said, I do not recall ever actually releasing one.PLO is a different story. I release under sets all the time... sometimes I check-fold them on the flop to 4 opponents facing a bet and a call or two, especially on uncoordinated boards.

I'm not certain whether or not this belongs in GS or BB, but do we ever fold under sets when our opponents shove our re-raises, or are we stacking 100% of the time? I just stacked 4 times in a row with 555 when I "knew" the opponent had a set, but folding a set is "verboten" according to Harrington, so I just felted and ate it.Instincts > Math, or should I just keep shoveling?
If you "know" they have a set then you should fold. If you know what they are holding then poker is just a simple math problem. The truth is, you're not going to be able to know their exact 2 hole cards very often. Sets are very powerful, and when you flop them you are usually a huge favorite. Most players will get in much worse and you will turn a nice profit each time you get all in. So to answer your question, if you are 100% sure what they have it would be foolish to call anyways, but my guess is that's not the case. So, keep getting all in with your sets and don't worry about the few times you're beat.