Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At On Game I assume.I really hope I was playing like crap and they call me a fish.What is the instructor's name that I was playing against ?
You actually didn't get involved in anything. You were just sitting at a table for a hand that was played in the replayer. It was two instructors coaching a European player named TomCampi. I just recognized you as Toews on Ongame.
PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop:UTG raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (8 SB) 8 :club:, 7 :ts, 2 :D(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, 1 fold, SB raises, BB calls, UTG callsTurn: (7 BB) J :D(3 players)SB bets, BB raises, 1 fold, SB callsOk. Hero is BB and has 4h5h. Preflop is standard. Critique flop and turn play.What range are we putting SB on after flop c/r? How likely is it that UTG 3bets? How good are our implied odds? What range do we put SB on after he calls the turn? What rivers are we bluffing?
on the flop, your weighted outs are probably < 4 and you're getting 5.5:1 not closing action. i think the turn is even worse, but at least there are circumstances where it could be justified.
Ok. It doesn't look like anybody else wants to comment here. Hero in the hand was actually the infamous LAG and Stoxpoker instructor, Doughnutz. I was SB with 6c8c. Doughnutz is so aggressive I knew there was very little chance he had 9T and weighted his hand mostly toward pocket pairs from 33-66 or a 7, as well as overs with a gutter like JT T8 and J9. I think he 3 bets nearly everything else, including 56, 9T, any 8, any 2 pair, and any set. So once we get to the turn I think he is capable of either freeshowdown raising a pair smaller than 8s or turning his no pair, straight draws into a turn and river bluff. I'm obviously behind JT and J9, but not much else. The river came the Ah, a card he bets 100% of the time, even if he was freeshowdown raising the turn, just because it's such a good scare card. Doughnutz is notoriously persistent with his river bluffs in big pots. I think I played the hand fine considering the opponent, and agree with Abba that his flop call is awful vs. me. I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Checky the lag didn't surprise me.
PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop:UTG raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (8 SB) 8 :club:, 7 :ts, 2 :D(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, 1 fold, SB raises, BB calls, UTG callsTurn: (7 BB) J :D(3 players)SB bets, BB raises, 1 fold, SB callsOk. Hero is BB and has 4h5h. Preflop is standard. Critique flop and turn play.What range are we putting SB on after flop c/r? How likely is it that UTG 3bets? How good are our implied odds? What range do we put SB on after he calls the turn? What rivers are we bluffing?
i put SB on 78s, 76s, 79s, 89s, 86s, A7, A8, K8s, K7s, 56s, 9Ts, 22 after the flop c/r. i don't think UTG ever really 3 bets here except with something like 99 or TT. our implied odds against SB are probably decent but not great. however our range here is REALLY strong. if my range for SB is correct there's 30 combos of mp or TP good kicker, 24 7blehkickecker combos, 24 8blehkicker combos, 9 set combos, 9 combos of 2 pair, 4 straight combos, 3 set combos, and only 12 non-made hand combos. on the river he should be folding about 8% of those hands or basically only his 56 so it's a pretty easy river bluff on any card except a 4 or 5.(i don't play that much 6max so i don't know what ranges i should be assigning, it's just what my gut is telling me.)edit: hooray for me. of course knowing that doughnutz is hero makes it tougher. in going through his polaris match it's really clear that he showdown raises A LOT. but i still think that his flop call of the c/r is on the poor side. it's still ALWAYS a river bluff on his part. and if you fold 86 here you'd get CRUUUUUUUSHHHED!
i put SB on 78s, 76s, 79s, 89s, 86s, A7, A8, K8s, K7s, 56s, 9Ts, 22 after the flop c/r. i don't think UTG ever really 3 bets here except with something like 99 or TT. our implied odds against SB are probably decent but not great. however our range here is REALLY strong. if my range for SB is correct there's 30 combos of mp or TP good kicker, 24 7blehkickecker combos, 24 8blehkicker combos, 9 set combos, 9 combos of 2 pair, 4 straight combos, 3 set combos, and only 12 non-made hand combos. on the river he should be folding about 8% of those hands or basically only his 56 so it's a pretty easy river bluff on any card except a 4 or 5.(i don't play that much 6max so i don't know what ranges i should be assigning, it's just what my gut is telling me.)edit: hooray for me. of course knowing that doughnutz is hero makes it tougher. in going through his polaris match it's really clear that he showdown raises A LOT. but i still think that his flop call of the c/r is on the poor side. it's still ALWAYS a river bluff on his part. and if you fold 86 here you'd get CRUUUUUUUSHHHED!
Your analysis is near perfect. The only things I disagree with is what UTG will 3-bet with and very very slightly on my range from SB. I would add JTs and J9s as well as T8s, but that's pretty much it and I wouldn't c/r those 100% because Doughnutz will call 2 cold with a very wide range (obviously). Also, I think UTG would 3 bet with 99-QQ and any 8 he's got. In any case, excellent analysis.
Your analysis is near perfect. The only things I disagree with is what UTG will 3-bet with and very very slightly on my range from SB. I would add JTs and J9s as well as T8s, but that's pretty much it and I wouldn't c/r those 100% because Doughnutz will call 2 cold with a very wide range (obviously). Also, I think UTG would 3 bet with 99-QQ and any 8 he's got. In any case, excellent analysis.
i definitely with all this and was a bit shortsighted.

of course, dink, those plays never work if you're me. i just played chicken with five high and a double gutter and lost to queen high. granted, i am reasonably sure that the reason i got called down was that the tard i was playing chicken with thought he had a straight, lol.the point is that i knew he didn't have a pair ;)as to your hand, again, a question: do you think it's more likely that you have an 8 or a pp there? and do you fold a pp? (granted, against a superlag image, i doubt you're folding either--more just curious)

i definitely with all this and was a bit shortsighted.
Shit. I also forgot about pocket pairs from 33-66. I think all of these are in my range after the flop c/r as well.
Shit. I also forgot about pocket pairs from 33-66. I think all of these are in my range after the flop c/r as well.
for what it's worth, this probably too light. if it gets heads up you have too few semi-bluffs.edit: back to not discussing strat. :club:
of course, dink, those plays never work if you're me. i just played chicken with five high and a double gutter and lost to queen high. granted, i am reasonably sure that the reason i got called down was that the tard i was playing chicken with thought he had a straight, lol.the point is that i knew he didn't have a pair ;)as to your hand, again, a question: do you think it's more likely that you have an 8 or a pp there? and do you fold a pp? (granted, against a superlag image, i doubt you're folding either--more just curious)
24 combos of 33-66. There are more combos of 8s. 68s, 78s, 98s, T8s, possibly J8s and Q8s, definitely K8s, and A8s and A8o. Anywhere from 25-31 (I think) depending on if you include J8s and Q8s. Looking at NB's combo's, it looks like he's got too many 7 and 8 combos, but I don't feel like counting right now. But anyway the answer is that an 8 is more likely, even more so if I'm not always c/r'ing my 33-66.
for what it's worth, this probably too light. if it gets heads up you have too few semi-bluffs.edit: back to not discussing strat. :club:
You're probably right. I don't think that these are always going to be c/r's but I do think they have to be counted some of the time.

I wonder when I'm going to stop running like dogshit. I haven't really played much for the last 3 days because I've been reading and studying and watching videos and trying to plug leaks and improve. I decided to give it a go again today and I'm getting ass raped again. September...dogshit.jpg

I'm not getting beat by good players. These are the idiots that are crushing me...I've never seen this happen before...PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with :club:, :ts3 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, 1 foldTotal pot: $12 (3 BB) | Rake: $0Outcome: Hero won $12[/color]Negative on the month now. Woohoo.

i was doing so good today until i ran into the same retarded ****wad who always runs like jesus h christ against me but still manages to be a 6BB/100 loser over 3k hands. he cracked 5 straight overpairs (edit: now 6 straight, christ) vs me hu, and now i'm having another small winner. goddammit. i ALMOST had my big 100BB day--now i'm up 20BB, lol.i am seriously the swongiest ************ on the planet. in the middle of my fifth 100BB swing this month, hahaha

im playing a 2/4 lhe session on stars atm. LOL. I might post some hands in here to see If im playign remotely close to how i should.
go for it. i need a half break, so i can bring you up if you want.

im gonna close it up but I appreciate it checky... maybe in the near future. :)here's a few hands.Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is CO with J :icon_clap: J :qh1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) 7 :club: 6 :icon_clap: Q :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (3.25 BB) Q :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsRiver: (5.25 BB) K :icon_clap:(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsFinal Pot: 7.25 BBHero shows J :icon_clap: J :icon_clap: (two pair, Queens and Jacks)BB mucks 7 :icon_clap: 5 :club:Hero wins 7 BB(Rake: $1.00)Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is SB with 9 :D 9 :icon_clap:3 folds, BTN raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BTN callsFlop: (7 SB) J :icon_clap: Q :D 8 :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets, BTN callsTurn: (4.5 BB) T :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets, BTN callsRiver: (6.5 BB) T :4h(2 players)Hero bets, BTN callsFinal Pot: 8.5 BBHero shows 9 :5c 9 :icon_clap: (a straight, Eight to Queen)BTN mucks 7 :icon_clap: 7 :club:Hero wins 8.25 BB(Rake: $1.00)Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is UTG with T :D Q :icon_clap:Hero raises, MP 3-bets, 4 folds, Hero callsFlop: (7.5 SB) K :3h 2 :icon_clap: J :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Hero callsTurn: (4.75 BB) A :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero checks, MP checksRiver: (4.75 BB) 7 :D(2 players)Hero bets, MP callsFinal Pot: 6.75 BBHero shows T :qh Q :icon_clap: (a straight, Ten to Ace)MP mucks T :icon_clap: T :heart:Hero wins 6.5 BB(Rake: $1.00)

hand 1 and 2 are good, but (even) i wouldn't raise q10o utg in 6m, unless the table was extremely weak/tight. as played, if the guy 3bets his pps, i would c/r the flop with an oesd. if he doesn't, i'd just peel as you did.

looking for more interesting hands.... one sec.ps... i dont know much about limit hold em... but my tables were SOOO BAD... like... people missing value left and right... and everyone is sooo weak. check/call check/call... its ridiculous... this lhe thing might be profitable... (OBV SMALL SAMPLE I KNOW)edit: here's a fun one...Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP with 4 :D 4 :icon_clap:1 fold, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, BTN caps!, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls, CO callsFlop: (16.5 SB) 7 :4h 5 :5c 2 :club:(4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checksTurn: (8.25 BB) 5 :qh(4 players)BB bets, Hero calls, CO folds, BTN callsRiver: (11.25 BB) 8 :qh(3 players)BB bets, Hero calls, BTN callsFinal Pot: 14.25 BBBTN mucks A :D Q :club:BB shows J :ts Q :icon_clap: (a pair of Fives)Hero shows 4 :D 4 :icon_clap: (two pair, Fives and Fours)Hero wins 13.75 BB(Rake: $2.00)There I pretty much had the btn pegged on A high and couldnt really put the BB on much of anything other than trying to steal the pot... probably a fold on the turn from me though.. i dono.No reason to stop betting in this hand amirite?Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN with T :icon_clap: K :3h1 fold, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop: (5 SB) 5 :D K :D 9 :icon_clap:(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP bets, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls, CO callsTurn: (5.5 BB) Q :icon_clap:(3 players)MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets, MP calls, CO foldsRiver: (7.5 BB) 4 :icon_clap:(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets, MP foldsFinal Pot: 7.5 BBHero mucks T :icon_clap: K :spade:Hero wins 7.25 BB(Rake: $1.00)

in the 1st one there, if you're going to show down 44, i actually like raise/folding the turn, since it's fairly obvious that the people behind you either have sets or overcards, and you'll want to make sure you have as few overcards as you can to dodge. the second one is std, imo.

**** me. just **** me right in the ****ing *******. i've now lost with 8 straight overpairs to these ****ing retards catching totally invisible air. 37o to an utg raise and on a K38 flop, and a 9 turn? sure! fine by me, seriously, but if that 7 hits on the river one more time ima shoot the kitten on my lap.

in the 1st one there, if you're going to show down 44, i actually like raise/folding the turn, since it's fairly obvious that the people behind you either have sets or overcards, and you'll want to make sure you have as few overcards as you can to dodge. the second one is std, imo.
Yep. Raise turn in hand 1. In hand 2, if you check any street you shouldn't be playing LHE. You look solid so far in the hands you've posted.

make that 9 straight overpairs. kitten, watch out.sickest part is that 7 of them were in HU pots, and that i'm still winning.o hai, i just got 2 outered again. this is so ****ign stupid. i need a beer.