Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

make that 9 straight overpairs. kitten, watch out.
I've got 5 kittens I need to give away and will be in Buffalo soon. So no need to worry about replacements. Carry on.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even though it all came from small stakes and I have no big mtt scores, I'm pretty sure I just luckboxed the 15-20k profit I made playing poker. I cannot stop losing to save my life.I dunno if I'll be around here for a while. I may be looking for a job.

Yeah, even though it all came from small stakes and I have no big mtt scores, I'm pretty sure I just luckboxed the 15-20k profit I made playing poker. I cannot stop losing to save my life.I dunno if I'll be around here for a while. I may be looking for a job.
take a break, dude. we've all been there, and we'll all be there again. take a week or two off and don't even let yourself think about poker, seriously.

HOW DOES NO ONE HAVE A QUEEN HERE SO I CAN SEXYC/R THE RIVER? (i would normally lead anyway, expecting a raise, but the bb is super terrible and will call one bet at a time but would prob fold to two cold)Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 3 :ts 3 :club: UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: 3 :4h Q :D 3 :D (10.5SB, 6 players)Button checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: 7 :D (7.25BB, 5 players)Button checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.River: Q :5c (15.25BB, 5 players)Button checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.Results:Final pot: 15.25BBButton Shows Kd KsHero Shows 3s 3dother two had AJ and 44, converter ****ed up

HOW DOES NO ONE HAVE A QUEEN HERE SO I CAN SEXYC/R THE RIVER? (i would normally lead anyway, expecting a raise, but the bb is super terrible and will call one bet at a time but would prob fold to two cold)Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 3 :ts 3 :club: UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: 3 :4h Q :D 3 :D (10.5SB, 6 players)Button checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB folds, Hero calls.Turn: 7 :D (7.25BB, 5 players)Button checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.River: Q :5c (15.25BB, 5 players)Button checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.Results:Final pot: 15.25BBButton Shows Kd KsHero Shows 3s 3dother two had AJ and 44, converter ****ed up
when you can bet 3bet it is usually best to bet.c/r your more marginal hands.
when you can bet 3bet it is usually best to bet.c/r your more marginal hands.
oh i totally agree, in normal settings. the thing was that i was like ultrasure that the guy to my left had AQ (and he's the type that would go four instantly on that board with a q multiway), and i got a little greedy with the donk who might fold his air in the bb if he had to call two cold. i was sooooo surprised at the hands that were turned up, srsly.aaaaaand, i'll take it:hice7.th.jpgthpix.gif
take a break, dude. we've all been there, and we'll all be there again. take a week or two off and don't even let yourself think about poker, seriously.
I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks so I'll get my break then. I kinda have to play right now. I'm just going to drop down a level when I play lhe, and also play more mtts for a while. What's the argument for not using HUD for stats? I'm just getting with it and now I see and hear about people not using it when they can.

accidental valuetown ftw!Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$43 playersConverterPre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with J :4h T :D SB calls, Hero raises, SB calls.Flop: 4 :D 7 :D 5 :club: (4SB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.Turn: 4 :ts (3BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.River: A :5c (5BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.Results:Final pot: 7BBHero Shows Jh 10c

i really need to make a list of ****ing retarded twatbags that i am completely incapable of beating because they run so hot while banging their retarded heads against the call button.two of the ****ers have my number today. runner runner is the new black. ffs.

Dutch with another weird read: This guy has a complete hard-on for me; literally every time I C-bet, he thinks I'm up to something, calls, and raises or c/rs the turn, and follows through the river. Every time.Preflop: Hero is MP with 10club.gif, Qclub.gif2 fold, Hero raises, Button calls, 2 foldsFlop: (5.5 SB) 2club.gif, 10heart.gif, 10spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsTurn: (3.75 BB) 8diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero callsRiver: (7.75 BB) 5diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls(He had KQ, BTW.)I'm pretty sure I picked the best line in this strange, deeply exploitable situation. Thoughts? Also, is my play the same with JJ?Edit: thinking about it, in this spot with little fold equity post-, I don't like that play pre-. Thoughts on that?

Dutch with another weird read: This guy has a complete hard-on for me; literally every time I C-bet, he thinks I'm up to something, calls, and raises or c/rs the turn, and follows through the river. Every time.Preflop: Hero is MP with 10club.gif, Qclub.gif2 fold, Hero raises, Button calls, 2 foldsFlop: (5.5 SB) 2club.gif, 10heart.gif, 10spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets, CO callsTurn: (3.75 BB) 8diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets, CO raises, Hero callsRiver: (7.75 BB) 5diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls(He had KQ, BTW.)I'm pretty sure I picked the best line in this strange, deeply exploitable situation. Thoughts? Also, is my play the same with JJ?
hmm, i think i 3town the turn fairly often here if he really has a hard on for you. you never know when they're going to go four for funsies.
Hey, FG, do you play on mathamphetamine by any chance? I'm 36/23/2.5ish over the past few thousand hands, and even I don't swing like that.
i actually do swing like that, fwiw. granted, i'm kind of a disgusting lagtard sometimes, esp at 6max, but i've had 6 100BB swings one way or the other this month, and it's only slightly swongier than normal.
i actually do swing like that, fwiw. granted, i'm kind of a disgusting lagtard sometimes, esp at 6max, but i've had 6 100BB swings one way or the other this month, and it's only slightly swongier than normal.
Yeah, but don't you play 10/20, where the players are a lot more aggressive and the winrate is a lot lower? Or maybe I just run really warm, lately.
Hey, FG, do you play on mathamphetamine by any chance? I'm 36/23/2.5ish over the past few thousand hands, and even I don't swing like that.
I dunno, I may have made it easy to misunderstand when I said 1/2...only today was 1/2, and a few hundred hands of 1/2 was mixed in throughout the month. The rest of whats there is at 2/4. So its not allll that huge, but definitely more swongy than I have ever experienced in my short lhe career. Yesterday for instance, when I lost $346, I was actually up more than $140 at the start of my session, so I had a 120 bb downswing last night in about 2 hours while only playing 2 tables. So yeah, I guess that was pretty big. I don't think tilt was much of a factor, but I may have made a couple bad decisions.I really wish I had PT back in April when I first started playing shorthanded and I went from playing 1/2 to being overrolled for 5/10 in less than 3 weeks. I'd love to see that graph.
i've disconnected four times this month. three of them were when i had trips. i will seriously shoot a bitch right now. time warner cable owes me about 200 bucks.
Try it playing 11 S&G. Oh, wait, you win those by not playing, anyway. Still really, really sucks.
huier7.th.jpgthpix.gif8 winners in a row, checky. let's keep this shit up! (knock on wood)yeah, that disconnecting shit really sucks. it tends to happen at exactly the same time, so i think it's them doing some sort of maintenance. if it happens again, ima call the bitches.