Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

what time do you play? i normally play 2/4 - 3/6 FR but those are tight during the day EST. They do loosen a bit at night. I played a lot of 1/2 and a little 2/4 6max one day when I had to clear a ton of fpp's at the end of the month because at that time the FR games were bad. Doesn't help when I have to get up at 5AM for work.
I'm usually playing for two hours anytime between 7 and 11 eastern. The games were actually pretty decent when I played from 7-8 last night, but by 8:15 I couldn't find a table without 8 TAGs on it. There was only one game showing a flop % higher than 25 at 8:30, and I was in it.I'm running at 0.24bb/100 after 13.5K hands at 1/2FR on Stars, including a downswing a couple of months ago when I first moved up to this level and had to drop down when I quickly dropped 120BB. Excluding the downswing I'm running at 0.99BB/100 over 9.2k hands. I guess I should be happy that I'm beating the game, and it's good for me because I'm loosening up a bit to learn how to beat up on TAGs, but it feels a bit like squeezing water from a stone. I remember thinking .50/1 was tough when I got there too, though, and I ended up beating that game for 2.01 over 21K hands.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want NB to see this, you'll have to PM him.When I first started playing poker I would flail around and talk like Phil Hellmuth when I lost. I've come to the conclusion that, at least in my case, there's no truth to any concept that flipping out and throwing things "gets it all out" and calms you down; it just tilts me worse.
two days ago, i bought a freestanding punching bag and put it in my poker office. best. purchase. evar.

I... wasnt asking for advice.Being angry is fun. If anyone should be contacting navybuttons, it would be my neighbors who have to endure scream sessions in the middle of the night.My play is probably the only thing that doesnt get devastated by the tilt monkey tendencies.I was up about 100 buy ins last month, and despite my bitching im still up around like 7ish buyins this week.

If I'm going to play much HULHE, I'm going to need a dog. One that's small enough that I can toss it around, but sturdy enough that it will hold up under -150BB conditions. I'm thinking like a small terrier, maybe? I have to do something; I'm going through a whole liter of kittens per week.

So since getting PT, after 26k hands of 1/2-3/6 mostly 6 max (vast majority at 2/4) I'm winning 2.63 BB/100. Good or no? What would crushing these levels be?
That's a good result.At Stars where I think you're mostly playing the rake at 2/4 is very good since they only take $1 at $20, $2 at $40 and $3 at $60 so your win rate at 2/4 should be higher than at 1/2 for example which makes it easier to earn a good winrate at the low limits like 2/4.
If I'm going to play much HULHE, I'm going to need a dog. One that's small enough that I can toss it around, but sturdy enough that it will hold up under -150BB conditions. I'm thinking like a small terrier, maybe? I have to do something; I'm going through a whole liter of kittens per week.
Make sure to wrap the dog in bubble wrap first.
That's a good result.At Stars where I think you're mostly playing the rake at 2/4 is very good since they only take $1 at $20, $2 at $40 and $3 at $60 so your win rate at 2/4 should be higher than at 1/2 for example which makes it easier to earn a good winrate at the low limits like 2/4.
Actually my winrate is slightly better at 3/6 and 1/2. I think its better at 3/6 because I game select much better when I play there, pretty much only jumping in when I see a really good game, and 1/2 will obviously be softer. 18 of the 26k is at 2/4 so its really not the best sample size at the other levels.I know I'm still quite sloppy and figuring things out. I just want to know where I could/should be.
Make sure to wrap the dog in bubble wrap first.
Here's how sick I am: I once ****ed a piece of lubricated bubble wrap (recommended, singles). Thus, it took me a solid 3 seconds to figure out that you weren't making a sexual reference. ---If anyone knows where/how I can get a shit-ton of LHE sweat videos (preferably Cracked Aces, but any would be great) (without paying) or where I can borrow a log in to gank em myself, a PM would be appreciated.If you have a speech for me about stealing from these people, save it, you're dealing with the type of amorality that leads one to **** bubble wrap.

i think i need another france vacation, lol. stuck 115BB in the last couple days, running like amazingly unlucky ass. at least i'm not tilting anymore, and losing the minimum?good god. we're up to 210BB now. this is the biggest downswing i've been on since early 2006, and i'm not even playing poorly except for maybe 2 10 minute spurts that cost me an extra 5BB each. it's just like, flop the best hand, lose to the invisible donkdraw or deuce kicker that hits on the river, over and over and over. totally nonsensical, and more than a little frustrating.

god, that was a horrific swing. it honestly hit 223BB at its biggest point (in 2500 hands WTF?!?!?!?!), but i finished off today +50BB at the end, so i'm officially calling that garbage over.you hear me? it's OVER

other than the guy who won literally 25 showdowns in a row vs. me HU, of which 15 were suckouts and the rest were either coolers or standard hands, i'm up a good deal today. (i just looked at my pt database on him, his WSD% is 85% over 600 hands, and his river AF is 2x his flop and turn AF wtf??!!>?! that's fishy, i'm never playing him again)as it stands, i'm even.my september graph is absolutely hilarious:from +140BB to -130BB to -50BB all in 5500 hands, looool

other than the guy who won literally 25 showdowns in a row vs. me HU, of which 15 were suckouts and the rest were either coolers or standard hands, i'm up a good deal today. (i just looked at my pt database on him, his WSD% is 85% over 600 hands, and his river AF is 2x his flop and turn AF wtf??!!>?! that's fishy, i'm never playing him again)as it stands, i'm even.my september graph is absolutely hilarious:from +140BB to -130BB to -50BB all in 5500 hands, looool
Wooooow that is pretty fishy. What site was this on?

every awful player has a high river AF relative to the flop/turn AF. the fact that the majority of the losses were from 'suckouts' kind of leans it towards them not having magical card reading abilities, or they'd have folded earlier in the hand. unless you count hitting a flush draw as sucking out.

I'm about to just break down and buy PT3, I think. I was comfortable with my stolen HM, but the Stars HH format change screwed me up, so unless someone has been keeping up with shit and knows a solution, I'm probably in the market.First, for my almost-all-LHE and an occasional S&G needs, is PT the best/best value? Does PT3 come with its HUD for free, and is it all the HUD I'd ever want? The site says it's like $80, but I've heard people saying it was $40; it there some kind of a deal or did I misremember? Etc.

I'm about to just break down and buy PT3, I think. I was comfortable with my stolen HM, but the Stars HH format change screwed me up, so unless someone has been keeping up with shit and knows a solution, I'm probably in the market.First, for my almost-all-LHE and an occasional S&G needs, is PT the best/best value? Does PT3 come with its HUD for free, and is it all the HUD I'd ever want? The site says it's like $80, but I've heard people saying it was $40; it there some kind of a deal or did I misremember? Etc.
The HUD comes with it for free. Have you used the free trial yet? I've been on it for 2 months and they keep extending it. I still dont have to pay for it for a while.