Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course i don't, but i'm still converting from nl to lhe. do you really want to cbet on a flop which hit such a huge junk of his range?
That didn't hit a huge CHunk of his range.It's a paired board, meaning it's far less likely that he hit it.We've also got an ace, a gutshot, and initiative.

1k to 5k by May 1st challenge:March 11th: +$226 March 12th: +$54 March 13th: +$481March 14th: +$113March 15th: +$188 March 16th: +$193 March 17th: +$53 March 18th: +$392 March 19th: +$83 March 20th: +$585March 21st: +$581March 22nd: +$218 March 23rd: +$53 March 24th: +$558 March 25th: -$117 March 26th: DNP Online. Won a live MTT for $847 (not counting it in the Challenge)March 27th: -$602 (I was a moron today) Total - $4059I was a complete retard today. I started the day down in LHE so like an idiot started playing way out of my bankroll. I jumped into a 10/20 6 max table and played a couple hundred hands there. I didnt lose there, but from there I decided I missed what it feels like to experience implied odds, so I jumped onto a 2/4 NL table, and proceeded to remind everybody at that table how wonderful implied odds are for them. Twice in the span of 50 hands I had hit top pair with AK only to have somebody else hit a set. Its my fault for being there. I will be counting my NL losses here. I'd be cheating myself if I didn't.

the 2 gross hands from the day that i remember.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring game2 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with :3h:4hhero raises, BB calls.Flop: :qh:5c:club: (4SB, 2 players)BB checks, hero bets, BB calls.Turn: :D (3BB, 2 players)BB checks, hero bets, BB calls.River: :ts (5BB, 2 players)BB bets, hero calls.Results:Final pot: 7BBBB Shows 4s Jhthe villain in this next one stuck me about $150 or so, i won like 2 or 3 hands so he was up $70 or so (7BBs) and then he says "gg. hope i didn't own you too hard." 30 min later he sat with me again and i took $100 or so off him. he leaves. 30 min later he sits with me again.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring game2 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) hero is SB with :icon_clap::Dhero raises, BB calls.Flop: :qh:D :D (4SB, 2 players)BB checks, hero bets, BB raises, hero calls.Turn: :D (4BB, 2 players)BB bets, hero raises, BB calls.River: :icon_clap: (8BB, 2 players)BB bets, hero calls.Results:Final pot: 10BBBB Shows 7c 9si ended up on him about $90 or so; so i'm up on him for the evening. and i'm pretty sure i ended up busting the villain in the first hand for like $300 or so. i put my 1K hands in, and i'm up pretty big. the hot streak continues.game selection and psychological edge ftw!

in case anyone needed advice on what sorts of hands are ideal to hit and run on:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: 3/62 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with A :club: J :DSB raises, hero 3-bets, SB calls.Flop: 8 :4h 6 :D J :ts (6SB, 2 players)hero bets, SB calls.Turn: T :5c (4BB, 2 players)hero checks, SB bets, hero raises, SB calls.River: Q :D (8BB, 2 players)hero checks, SB bets, hero calls.Results:Final pot: 10BBhero loses to 35h.ONE TIME START OFF WITHOUT RUNNING LIKE ASS

in case anyone needed advice on what sorts of hands are ideal to hit and run on:
i told zach this morning that against unknowns a flop call and turn donk is heavily weighted towards a picked up draw on the turn.learn to run good yo!
learn to run good yo!
does this count? villain has 3bet 6/8 of my raises so far, once with q9.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$65 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) hero is UTG with A :D A :club:hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, 2 folds, hero caps, CO calls, Button calls.Flop: 4 :ts 4 :3h K :D (13.67SB, 3 players)hero bets, CO raises, Button calls, hero calls.Turn: 5 :D (9.83BB, 3 players)hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button folds, hero calls.River: 9 :4h (16.83BB, 2 players)hero checks, CO bets, hero raises, CO 3-bets, hero calls.Results:Final pot: 22.83BBCO Shows 5h 5sand he just hit and ran too. weeeeeeeeyay more. villain is decent, i've had KK, 99, AJ, KQ the last four hands, so this is my 5th consec raise (but don't worry, i only won with KQ and 99), lol. he's fighting back any ace fo sho.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$65 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) hero is UTG with K :5c K :icon_clap:hero raises, CO folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, hero caps, SB calls.Flop: 9 :D T :qh 2 :qh (9SB, 3 players)SB checks, hero bets, SB raises, hero 3-bets, SB caps, hero calls.Turn: 2 :D (8.5BB, 3 players)SB bets, hero raises, SB calls.River: A :icon_clap: (12.5BB, 3 players)SB bets, hero calls.Results:Final pot: 14.5BBSB Shows Ad 10shero mucks Kd Kci am seriously losing my mind lately. i just dropped 400 without winning a single pot over 3BB, although i did get rivered on 6 pots over 10BB.loooooool wtf honestly.AQ<47 A39 flop. running fours.J8<A8 8876K board. he just calls down.board trips<running flush.top two<running flush.AA<A9 348 flop.top boat<quads.gutterball>set.for real i have the curse of the devil upon me. it's been like this all week with no letting up. only stuck 65BB today, weeeeeee

I know I have a ton of leaks in my game, help me plug them.3/6 6 max table, you're in the SB with 99. UTG raises and the button 3bets. You dont have any prior info on either one. Whats your action? Fold, cap, or cold call?

This is typical of how I'm running the last few days. I'm not getting beat by good players, I'm getting raped by blind retarded monkeys that have been placed in front of a computer and are clicking at random. I cant win with AA, I cant win with KK, I cant win with QQ, I cant win with sets, I just cant win. I'm trying to not whine so much but I have to vent this frustration. Better here than at the table.PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Preflop: Hero is BB with :5c, :club:. 2 folds, MP1 raises, 4 folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 calls.Flop: (6.33 SB) :D, :D, :4h(2 players)Hero bets, MP1 calls.Turn: (4.16 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets, MP1 calls.River: (6.16 BB) :ts(2 players)Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10.16 BBHero has As Ad (one pair, aces). MP1 has Kh Td (two pair, kings and tens). Outcome: MP1 wins 10.16 BB.

I just bought a Wii with FPPs to make myself feel better.I'm at a table full of drunks, who are actually talking about how much they're drinking, and are obviously not lying based on their play, and I am down like $250 on this table alone.

I just bought a Wii with FPPs to make myself feel better.I'm at a table full of drunks, who are actually talking about how much they're drinking, and are obviously not lying based on their play, and I am down like $250 on this table alone.
fwiw, i crush when i'm drunk. i think zach can more or less attest to this.my "fuck you, that's why" bluff-raises work at a really high rate.
fwiw, i crush when i'm drunk. i think zach can more or less attest to this.my "**** you, that's why" bluff-raises work at a really high rate.
Are you drunk and at my table right now?PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D, :4h. UTG raises, 4 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) :D, :5c, :club:(2 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero calls.Turn: (6.25 BB) :ts(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.River: (8.25 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10.25 BBHero has Qd Qh (two pair, queens and fives). UTG has Js 7h (one pair, fives). Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. I almost folded.

Wanna know something funny? At the moment I'm down $833 tonight in 1500 hands tonight. I don't feel like I've been tilting at all. I've been attempting to play the best that I can play. I can't explain what is going on. I've never experienced this before. I'm playing against horrible players, all types of horrible at the same time. Horrible passive and horrible aggressive, and I'm getting raped by both.Wanna know something funnier?I cashed out $2500 to pay some bills. I have $726 in my account right now.I'm just going to stop playing now and work out.1k to 5k by May 1st challenge:March 11th: +$226March 12th: +$54March 13th: +$481March 14th: +$113March 15th: +$188March 16th: +$193March 17th: +$53March 18th: +$392March 19th: +$83March 20th: +$585March 21st: +$581March 22nd: +$218March 23rd: +$53March 24th: +$558March 25th: -$117March 26th: DNPMarch 27th: -$602March 28th: -$833 (1500 hands) Profit during the challenge: $2226 - Total minus cashout: $726

These were actually some live hands I played tonight. It is a $2-$10 spread game. Mainly it is a VERY limp-happy table. Many regulars are at the table, and they ALL view me as a tight-aggressive player. The 1st hand in question... UTG, UTG+1 limps. I Raise Ad-Jd to $12, all fold to button (decent sub-21 yr old) who calls, SB folds, BB (loose-passive) calls, UTG (crazy and VERY tricky asian, he can read opponents hands very well) calls, UTG+1 (local on TOTAL tilt) calls too.pot ($61)Flop 6c-5d-2dBB, UTG, UTG+1 check. I bet $10. Button, BB folds. UTG (asian) raises to $20. UTG+1 (total tilter) raises to $30. Now I should?????Second hand, I am on button, the previous hand I had just showed down a check raise bluff versus the player on my direct left in a SB-BB battle.He is a somewhat loose player. He doesn't show much aggression, more often a call station....tries to be tricky.We are 6-handed, I have the button. Folds around to me, I have Ks-Kd I raise to $7, he calls from the SB, BB folds. Pot ($16)Flop 10c-10s-4c He checks, I bet $10, he raises to $20, I should ???????Turn is 8c based off what advice you all give me to do on flop, how should I react if I A. 3-bet him and he leads turn, B. 3-bet him and he checks turn, C. just call c/r on flop and he leads turn, D.just call c/r on flop and he checks turn?

w00t, it got bettermar292008ne8.jpgYeah, short session, but action was slow, and decent. Gonna check out a matinee of '21' in a little bit, might play a bit more later, if not, book another $800 day.

These were actually some live hands I played tonight. It is a $2-$10 spread game. Mainly it is a VERY limp-happy table. Many regulars are at the table, and they ALL view me as a tight-aggressive player. The 1st hand in question... UTG, UTG+1 limps. I Raise Ad-Jd to $12, all fold to button (decent sub-21 yr old) who calls, SB folds, BB (loose-passive) calls, UTG (crazy and VERY tricky asian, he can read opponents hands very well) calls, UTG+1 (local on TOTAL tilt) calls too.pot ($61)Flop 6c-5d-2dBB, UTG, UTG+1 check. I bet $10. Button, BB folds. UTG (asian) raises to $20. UTG+1 (total tilter) raises to $30. Now I should?????Second hand, I am on button, the previous hand I had just showed down a check raise bluff versus the player on my direct left in a SB-BB battle.He is a somewhat loose player. He doesn't show much aggression, more often a call station....tries to be tricky.We are 6-handed, I have the button. Folds around to me, I have Ks-Kd I raise to $7, he calls from the SB, BB folds. Pot ($16)Flop 10c-10s-4c He checks, I bet $10, he raises to $20, I should ???????Turn is 8c based off what advice you all give me to do on flop, how should I react if I A. 3-bet him and he leads turn, B. 3-bet him and he checks turn, C. just call c/r on flop and he leads turn, D.just call c/r on flop and he checks turn?
C'mon advice givers!! help!