****official Chicago Cubs****

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with Marmol? Getting a bit ridiculous.
LOL at him giving up 3 quick runs and then getting the win last night.He owes Dempster a steak dinner.
LOL at him giving up 3 quick runs and then getting the win last night.He owes Dempster a steak dinner.
Just did the same thing tonight... WTF! (The 3 runs part at least)
Just did the same thing tonight... WTF! (The 3 runs part at least)
Just ran into a potent lineup IMO. :)Hmph, you guys better sweep them in Chicago; I was hoping you'd win today too so they would feel extra bad about themselves going into their series with the Dodgers.Side note, a 4:05 pst start with Lincecum on the mound was pretty unfair. The batting backdrop is horrible at that time in SF.
Just ran into a potent lineup IMO. :)Hmph, you guys better sweep them in Chicago; I was hoping you'd win today too so they would feel extra bad about themselves going into their series with the Dodgers.Side note, a 4:05 pst start with Lincecum on the mound was pretty unfair. The batting backdrop is horrible at that time in SF.
Lincecum is just too powerful, and a Sports Illustrated cover story!

I have to give it up to St. Louis fans, they are classy. They gave Jim Edmonds a huge round of applause. If that had been, say, a long time Red Sox appearing as a Yankee for the first time, or a long time Dodger appearing as a Giant for the first time, they'd have been boo'd out of the stadium. I hate the Cardinals, but they have some of the very best fans in baseball.

I have to give it up to St. Louis fans, they are classy. They gave Jim Edmonds a huge round of applause. If that had been, say, a long time Red Sox appearing as a Yankee for the first time, or a long time Dodger appearing as a Giant for the first time, they'd have been boo'd out of the stadium. I hate the Cardinals, but they have some of the very best fans in baseball.
First off HUGE HUGE win yesterday. and I am amazwed that he got that reception, I thought for sure he would be booed. and lol @ Larussa. What a dick
Fuck you. I feel so dirty right now. I think the only thing that would make me feel sicker would be parlaying the Red Sox and Federer tomorrow.
in my opinion, you got what you deserved.
First off HUGE HUGE win yesterday. and I am amazwed that he got that reception, I thought for sure he would be booed. and lol @ Larussa. What a dick
What'd Larussa do?
What'd Larussa do?
Just had some really retarded and rude comments about Edmonds for no real reason.nail on the head btw Kurt

Congrats to you Cubs fans for stealing Rich Harden away from my A's. God I am so fed up with this team. Year after year it's the same old story, we trade away big name player after big name player. I'm getting so effing sick of this. Ahhhh well, here's to 2010 or 11...whenever the hell it is that we're moving into our new stadium. Maybe then we'll be able to lock up our big name players to nice long term contracts. Thanks again Billy Beane...you S.O.B. (best G.M. in baseball, HAAAAAAAA!! what a effing joke).

Congrats to you Cubs fans for stealing Rich Harden away from my A's. God I am so fed up with this team. Year after year it's the same old story, we trade away big name player after big name player. I'm getting so effing sick of this. Ahhhh well, here's to 2010 or 11...whenever the hell it is that we're moving into our new stadium. Maybe then we'll be able to lock up our big name players to nice long term contracts. Thanks again Billy Beane...you S.O.B. (best G.M. in baseball, HAAAAAAAA!! what a effing joke).
But you have Matt Murton now, His hair is red fyi
Details please?Nevermind... Cubs.com ftw.What a good deal for us! WOOT!
And now that I've had a little time to calm down and think clearly, I guess this move makes a little sense. It makes sense in the fact that our farm system is stocked with young stud pitchers and Rich Harden has never stayed healthy for an entire season. It just sucks because us A's fans have suffered through all of his injuries and now he his somewhat healthy...yet now we can't enjoy watching him pitch cause he is now gone, just like Zito, Mulder, Hudson and Haren. Meh, whatever...I don't wanna start getting pissed off all over again.Where this doesn't make sense to me is what we got in return for Haren and Gaudin. Murton has never lived up to any of his hype, we already have a decent young catcher in Kurt Suzuki, we're loaded with young stud outfielders. This trade just doesn't have the Billy Beane type of feel to it. Not many young prospects to be happy about, just a bunch of nobody's that neither I nor any other A's fan is going to care about.Congrats on winning the NL pennant Cubs fans! This just put you up on the Brewers and anyone else you're gonna have to contend with.
Go Fremont A's. Well maybe I'll be able to walk to games from my Grandparents house!Oh and hell yeah, great move for us!EDIT: I did like Gallagher though, but other than that great move.

over/under on the # of days until Harden's arm falls off? :club: just kidding, I hope this works out well for Chicago. and Billy Beane was only ever considered the best GM in baseball because of a book....normally you have to actually win a world series before people give you that title. Larry Beinfest ftw.

over/under on the # of days until Harden's arm falls off? :club: just kidding, I hope this works out well for Chicago. and Billy Beane was only ever considered the best GM in baseball because of a book....normally you have to actually win a world series before people give you that title. Larry Beinfest ftw.
Show me any other GM in baseball that does more than Billy with as little of a payroll as he's had to work with in all his years as the A's GM. Billy WAS the book, the book didn't create Billy. Money Ball isn't just a term, it's Beane's philosophy......and with that said, I'm still pissed :angry2:edit: Larry Beinfest? Seriously? You mean the guy who traded away the entire team after 1 championship? That Larry Beinfest?
Show me any other GM in baseball that does more than Billy with as little of a payroll as he's had to work with in all his years as the A's GM. Billy WAS the book, the book didn't create Billy. Money Ball isn't just a term, it's Beane's philosophy......and with that said, I'm still pissed :angry2:edit: Larry Beinfest? Seriously? You mean the guy who traded away the entire team after 1 championship? That Larry Beinfest?
The book created the myth of Billy Beane just as much as Beane created the book. And the Marlins dream about having Oakland's payroll.And yes seriously that Larry Beinfest. The one who knows that small market teams get narrow championship windows. The one who knows that you have to trade away much of the team after a championship so you can reload your farm system because you cant afford to pay all your players after winning a championship. The one who heisted valuable prospects for guys in serious decline like Juan Pierre and Luis Castillo. The one who managed to get full value plus for Josh Beckett. The guy who convinced Detroit to take on Dontrelle Willis and his dead arm. The guy who has more championship rings than Billy Beane.That Larry Beinfest.