2008 Los Angeles Dodgers Official Thread

I'm sitting outside (nice day) so I can't hear the announcers. Heh I did notice that after Pierre showed off his gun in LF on that 2b, they showed Ethier, so I imagine they were commenting on that whole fiasco.I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Kuroda, but so far so good. I guess in Japan he played on a scrub team his whole career, in a Coors Field-like offensive park, so he always had to work that much harder, which gave him the reputation as a 'gamer'.I love how Dodgers offensive 1/2 innings are over before I even notice they are back from commercial...sigh.
We have a good offense and he scares me a little...........why???
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a good offense and he scares me a little...........why???
Prob same reason Bills was able to look so good early yesterday; you guys have an aggressive swinging team, and Kuroda is the type of guy who will get you to swing at his pitches.
Prob same reason Bills was able to look so good early yesterday; you guys have an aggressive swinging team, and Kuroda is the type of guy who will get you to swing at his pitches.
You are so right....that's what Glavine told the players................based on Martin's last AB I hate him!
You are so right....that's what Glavine told the players................based on Martin's last AB I hate him!
Everubody said we are so aggresive........do you think it's Bobby or not?
Everubody said we are so aggresive........do you think it's Bobby or not?
Prob just team makeup...I don't remember the older Braves teams as being super agg...Off the top of my head, I can't recall Pendelton's approach either. Betemit was pretty free swinging when we had him though, maybe it's how you guys develop in the minors.
Prob just team makeup...I don't remember the older Braves teams as being super agg...Off the top of my head, I can't recall Pendelton's approach either. Betemit was pretty free swinging when we had him though, maybe it's how you guys develop in the minors.
I really don't think it's the minors...it could be. Bobby loves to give them the free reign, and that's why I don't think it's the minors overall...
I really don't think it's the minors...it could be. Bobby loves to give them the free reign, and that's why I don't think it's the minors overall...
Gotcha. On second thought too, I think Betemit actually had pretty good walk numbers. IIRC, it was HR, K, or BB when he hit. Heh Aybar isn't working out too much for you guys either though, so not a great trade for either side.Blah I just lost TBS after Furcal tried to hit a tayloer made DP...Oh wait, now it's back. He almost had DPs on back to back days, pretty rare for Raffy.I hate Juan Pierre.
I HATE RAFAEL FURCAL!!!
Wake up Call! If you're looking ahead of you in the standings and see the Giants....Loved this article from FJM on Cohn's article about how Sabes>BeaneFire Joe Morgan blog
I know, pretty pathetic. I think I'm sticking to Rome/Dan Patrick today instead of risk listening to KNBR and hear Giants fans being optimistic. I suppose I should be rooting for the Giants vs Arz, but I can't imagine how ignorant/annoying callers might be if they swept/took 2 of 3 from the DBacks. The whole division outside of Arz has been pretty marginal/bad. I'm pretty confident the Dodgers are much better then they've played thus far, and that Arz isn't quite as good as they've played, but digging an early hole isn't the best way to go about things. Every game counts, etc.The only player who has performed at the level expected of him, really, has been Furcal. Loney and Ethier have been decent, but I think they are capable of a lot more. I guess Kent has been about what you'd expect from a 40 yo 2b, but he hasn't gotten hot for more then a game or two. Martin hasn't been himself at all, and Jones...yuck. The only thing Jones has going in his favor from my POV, is that Nomar is back, meaning someone else will look awful in every AB as well. Eventually they will be a much better offensive ball club then they are now, but how big of an improvement that really will be remains to be seen.
I know, pretty pathetic. I think I'm sticking to Rome/Dan Patrick today instead of risk listening to KNBR and hear Giants fans being optimistic. I suppose I should be rooting for the Giants vs Arz, but I can't imagine how ignorant/annoying callers might be if they swept/took 2 of 3 from the DBacks. The whole division outside of Arz has been pretty marginal/bad. I'm pretty confident the Dodgers are much better then they've played thus far, and that Arz isn't quite as good as they've played, but digging an early hole isn't the best way to go about things. Every game counts, etc.The only player who has performed at the level expected of him, really, has been Furcal. Loney and Ethier have been decent, but I think they are capable of a lot more. I guess Kent has been about what you'd expect from a 40 yo 2b, but he hasn't gotten hot for more then a game or two. Martin hasn't been himself at all, and Jones...yuck. The only thing Jones has going in his favor from my POV, is that Nomar is back, meaning someone else will look awful in every AB as well. Eventually they will be a much better offensive ball club then they are now, but how big of an improvement that really will be remains to be seen.
I know that it really hasn't been your pitching this year, but how long before Kershaw is brought up??? Just seems like ya'll might need some kind of kick in the butt or something. Seems like maybe he could provide that....
I know that it really hasn't been your pitching this year, but how long before Kershaw is brought up??? Just seems like ya'll might need some kind of kick in the butt or something. Seems like maybe he could provide that....
Barring injuries, probably not until late season at the earliest. He's 0-3 right now....with a 1.83 era and 23k in 19 2/3 ip in AA. Sounds like the AA team gives him good run support...They are more likely to bring up Jonathan Meloan from AAA before Kershaw I think anyway, and let Kershaw develop. Plus, Jason Schmidt is actually progressing in his rehab, most recently throwing 50 pitches off a mound with Torre & Co. watching. He will probably throw a few simulated games, then a rehab assignment, then come back I suppose and be in the mix for the 5th spot in the rotation (with Kuo/Guo, Loaiza, and I guess Chan Ho). If Schmidt can come back and be somewhat effective, then I'd guess Chan Ho would be released.That being said, f Jason Schmidt.

Dodgers vs PadresChan Ho makes his first start of the year for injured Billingsley. He pitches 5.2 innings giving up two singe HR's, 5K's 1BB.Dodgers hitting is non-existent. 1 hit going into Bottom of the 8th and oddly enough it was a bloop single by Pierre.Kemp comes up to the plate with 2 outs and hits a bomb to right field. 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th.Bottom of the 9th, Dodgers still down 2-1. 1 out.Ethier hits a double. Martin pops one to centerfield, and Ethier advances to 3rd. Furcal hits a triple, Ethier scores.2-2 bottom of 9th with 2 out and Furcal on 3rd. Loney comes up and hits a dribbler to 3rd, Kouzmanoff runs and picks up the ball and throws to home, Furcal charges the catcher and the ball pops out and the Dodgers win 3-2!!!So far my 360 Dodgers games have been more exciting. lol

Dodgers vs PadresChan Ho makes his first start of the year for injured Billingsley. He pitches 5.2 innings giving up two singe HR's, 5K's 1BB.Dodgers hitting is non-existent. 1 hit going into Bottom of the 8th and oddly enough it was a bloop single by Pierre.Kemp comes up to the plate with 2 outs and hits a bomb to right field. 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th.Bottom of the 9th, Dodgers still down 2-1. 1 out.Ethier hits a double. Martin pops one to centerfield, and Ethier advances to 3rd. Furcal hits a triple, Ethier scores.2-2 bottom of 9th with 2 out and Furcal on 3rd. Loney comes up and hits a dribbler to 3rd, Kouzmanoff runs and picks up the ball and throws to home, Furcal charges the catcher and the ball pops out and the Dodgers win 3-2!!!So far my 360 Dodgers games have been more exciting. lol
LOL that sounds about right thought for a Dodgers/Padres game.Except the winning part.
West W L PCTArizona 17 6 .739San Francisco 11 13 .458Colorado 10 12 .455Los Angeles 9 13 .409San Diego 9 15 .375tee hee
TEAM W L % GB Arizona 18 7 .720 - Los Angeles 12 13 .480 6.0 San Francisco 11 15 .423 7.5 Colorado 10 15 .400 8.0 San Diego 10 16 .385 8.5 Any time a Giants fan gloats and sets off a 3 game winning streak by the Dodgers, as well as what happened to Correia and Zito, they have my thanks. Showing the standings at that stage is about as amusing as Giants fans thinking that Bowker kid was some can't miss prospect. One would be amazed how many guys have a good week before pitchers adjust (1 for his last 18).On a positive note for the 1954 World Champs (well, that was NY, but I guess it still counts), Jonathan Sanchez looked very good Friday night and you guys should be pumped about that. Cain-Lincecum-Sanchez could be a very nasty top 3, even if you do have Zito going out every 5th day.

For some reason, whenever I hop into the baseball thread to update my continually unread bases picks, I see this thread, and become queasy. I could never figure out why. I have nothing against the Dodgers. I have no real feelings about the Dodgers one way or another, except for some residual scorn for the way the organization -- and the media that covers it -- treated Paul Depodesta, and some accompanying hatred for Ned Colletti. But surely that couldn't make me physically ill? Could it? A few moments ago I figured it out. In the thread's subtitle, it should read "more THAN one playoff game," not "more THEN one playoff game." "Than" is the comparative conjunction; "then" is an adverb that relates to order or time.Glad I got that figured out. Still rational! Still got it!Wang

For some reason, whenever I hop into the baseball thread to update my continually unread bases picks, I see this thread, and become queasy. I could never figure out why. I have nothing against the Dodgers. I have no real feelings about the Dodgers one way or another, except for some residual scorn for the way the organization -- and the media that covers it -- treated Paul Depodesta, and some accompanying hatred for Ned Colletti. But surely that couldn't make me physically ill? Could it? A few moments ago I figured it out. In the thread's subtitle, it should read "more THAN one playoff game," not "more THEN one playoff game." "Than" is the comparative conjunction; "then" is an adverb that relates to order or time.Glad I got that figured out. Still rational! Still got it!Wang
LOL, ty for the observation. I'll have to try and get a mod to correct the title, I'm embarrassed now that you pointed it out. :(Depo and Dan Evans were both unfairly crucified....Dan Evans especially was responsible for our drafts that netted us a lot of the young guys they have on the ML roster today.