Playing from my third attempt at Step 1:Step 1 > Step 2 > Step 1 (I thnk) > Step 2 > Step 3 > Step 4 > Step 5 (3rd) > Step 5 (3rd again ARGGG QQ < A9 AIPF) > Step 5 (Just Started).I don't know if I can maintain my concentration again lol, but I'm playing in my third Step 5.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only going to give this one shot. And by one shot, I mean that I will spend $150 (20 $7.50 Step 1) on doing the Step System on Stars. I will spend $150 and after that, the times I finish 2nd or 1st, I get Step 2 tokens, and 3rd place = repeat Step 1 (token). I will then use my free Step 1 tokens up until I either get step 2 tokens or not move up the step.With all the Step 2 tokens, I'll play them all and I'll keep playing them until I run out (or if I finish 4th I move back to Step 1, then I'll play that Step 1 and work my way onto Step 2.I will repeat this process until all of my tokens are used up. However, if i am able to get to step 6 (worth $2100, which I can't exhcange) then as long as I get to the top 6 (9 enter) I walk away with at least $600. If I win...I get $10000 for the WSOPME + $2500 Spending Cash (however...I probably won't play it...as of now).The step system is similar for the LAPT (Latin American Poker Tour) but in Step 6 the top 4 places get an automatic entry to a $2500 tournament in which hotel and etc is paid for (I have to play that one).This topic is to keep track of my progress.WSOPRemaining: $75 ($0 - NO MORE)Spent: $45Step 1 Tokens: 0Step 2 Tokens: 0LAPTRemaining: $32.50Spent: $0Wish me luck!I'll edit this/update this as time goes on.Double Edit: I hate these so much, I am not gonna chunk out $150 on this, $120 for now.

Update...bubbled first Step 3 so repeating right now (just doubled JJ > AK)Update...Won Step 3 in 23 minutes, I have never been hit in the head with the deck so hard. Had 10,475 chips at the end of it all.[x] Step 3[ ] Step 4
Update...just finished a crazy Step 4. Got crippled to 300 early on, had a miracle triple up when Ace hi held. Caught a 3-outer on the river to double to 2500, then flopped a set of 8's for the chip lead. The whole time one player is SITTING OUT until 4-handed and he was all in blind. He finally sits in and keeps doubling all the way to 2400 and ended up screwing the guy who was in 3rd. He then goes down 10-10 < A-J and I somehow advance to Step 5.[x] Step 4[ ] Step 5

Why bother with reads? I am thinking this step thing is a bad idea for me.PokerStars Game #15918941212: Tournament #80588470, $7.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/03/12 - 00:50:02 (ET)Table '80588470 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: BocaG (1775 in chips) Seat 2: ZJohnyRicco (1225 in chips) Seat 3: angeldoni (1285 in chips) Seat 4: mcteecho (1925 in chips) Seat 5: Frebo1 (1420 in chips) Seat 6: strangehold (1290 in chips) Seat 7: Kuge (1465 in chips) Seat 8: little1 (1455 in chips) Seat 9: gutbirdxx (1660 in chips) strangehold: posts small blind 25Kuge: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Kuge [4h 7h]little1: folds gutbirdxx: folds BocaG: folds ZJohnyRicco: folds angeldoni: calls 50mcteecho: folds strangehold is disconnected strangehold is connected Frebo1 has timed outFrebo1: folds Frebo1 is sitting outstrangehold: folds Kuge: checks *** FLOP *** [7c Jd 5d]Kuge: checks Frebo1 has returnedangeldoni: bets 150Kuge: raises 400 to 550angeldoni: calls 400*** TURN *** [7c Jd 5d] [3h]Kuge: bets 850angeldoni: calls 685 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [7c Jd 5d 3h] [8d]*** SHOW DOWN ***Kuge: shows [4h 7h] (a pair of Sevens)angeldoni: shows [8c 9c] (a pair of Eights)angeldoni collected 2595 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2595 | Rake 0 Board [7c Jd 5d 3h 8d]Seat 1: BocaG folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: ZJohnyRicco folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: angeldoni showed [8c 9c] and won (2595) with a pair of EightsSeat 4: mcteecho folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Frebo1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: strangehold (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: Kuge (big blind) showed [4h 7h] and lost with a pair of SevensSeat 8: little1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: gutbirdxx folded before Flop (didn't bet)I love my read, I hate the result

Playing from my third attempt at Step 1:Step 1 > Step 2 > Step 1 (I thnk) > Step 2 > Step 3 > Step 4 > Step 5 (3rd) > Step 5 (3rd again ARGGG QQ < A9 AIPF) > Step 5 (Just Started).I don't know if I can maintain my concentration again lol, but I'm playing in my third Step 5.
Sick, took down the Step 5! I'm mentally exhausted. Won't play till tomorrow or later. If anyone wants to buy a piece of my Step 6 let me know, I'd consider selling some. (I have no real Bankroll online as I generally play way out of my Bankroll. I play for fun mostly).
Sick, took down the Step 5! I'm mentally exhausted. Won't play till tomorrow or later. If anyone wants to buy a piece of my Step 6 let me know, I'd consider selling some. (I have no real Bankroll online as I generally play way out of my Bankroll. I play for fun mostly).
GLGLGLGL.What I'm wondering is....HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN GET PAST STEP 1? I ****ING HATE THIS TURBO STRUCTURE

Someone for the love of god please tell me this is a standard push. Because I am about to say fuck it and fuck this step program.PokerStars Game #15919473961: Tournament #80590702, $7.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/03/12 - 01:28:07 (ET)Table '80590702 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Kuge (1105 in chips) Seat 2: barah0na (1485 in chips) Seat 3: mgaphysics (6245 in chips) Seat 4: jjdubs3 (1175 in chips) Seat 5: sam7281 (1740 in chips) Seat 7: KingRat (230 in chips) Seat 8: Claudão (1520 in chips) KingRat: posts small blind 75Claudão: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Kuge [Ah Th]Kuge: raises 955 to 1105 and is all-inbarah0na: calls 1105mgaphysics: calls 1105jjdubs3: folds sam7281: folds KingRat: calls 155 and is all-inClaudão: folds *** FLOP *** [9h 5c 6h]barah0na: checks mgaphysics: bets 450barah0na: calls 380 and is all-in*** TURN *** [9h 5c 6h] [Qd]*** RIVER *** [9h 5c 6h Qd] [3d]*** SHOW DOWN ***barah0na: shows [Ks Kc] (a pair of Kings)mgaphysics: shows [Qc Qh] (three of a kind, Queens)mgaphysics collected 760 from side pot-2 Kuge: shows [Ah Th] (high card Ace)mgaphysics collected 2625 from side pot-1 KingRat: shows [6c 2c] (a pair of Sixes)mgaphysics collected 1070 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4455 Main pot 1070. Side pot-1 2625. Side pot-2 760. | Rake 0 Board [9h 5c 6h Qd 3d]Seat 1: Kuge showed [Ah Th] and lost with high card AceSeat 2: barah0na showed [Ks Kc] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: mgaphysics showed [Qc Qh] and won (4455) with three of a kind, QueensSeat 4: jjdubs3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: sam7281 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: KingRat (small blind) showed [6c 2c] and lost with a pair of SixesSeat 8: Claudão (big blind) folded before Flop

Someone for the love of god please tell me this is a standard push. Because I am about to say fuck it and fuck this step program.Hard not to push there...but then ISAP.

I'm doing step one...again.I always get donked out of these damn things. I'll update.OK - won a step 1 :)On to step two tomorrow - too tired right now. Good luck to all doing these!!

utg Ah10h with 6 left to act i dnt really like pushing there butwith the turbo structure and blinds coming around its hard to say . played a step 1 and won 1/1 two tired to go for a step 2 but sometime tomorrow and gl on that step 6 berak how much you want for a % and is it turbo also ?

Roomie bought into a step one the other night and ran it non-stop all the way into a step six 3rd place. Might open a stars account and try it myself.Tom.

Someone for the love of god please tell me this is a standard push. Because I am about to say fuck it and fuck this step program.PokerStars Game #15919473961: Tournament #80590702, $7.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/03/12 - 01:28:07 (ET)Table '80590702 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Kuge (1105 in chips) Seat 2: barah0na (1485 in chips) Seat 3: mgaphysics (6245 in chips) Seat 4: jjdubs3 (1175 in chips) Seat 5: sam7281 (1740 in chips) Seat 7: KingRat (230 in chips) Seat 8: Claudão (1520 in chips) KingRat: posts small blind 75Claudão: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Kuge [Ah Th]Kuge: raises 955 to 1105 and is all-inbarah0na: calls 1105mgaphysics: calls 1105jjdubs3: folds sam7281: folds KingRat: calls 155 and is all-inClaudão: folds *** FLOP *** [9h 5c 6h]barah0na: checks mgaphysics: bets 450barah0na: calls 380 and is all-in*** TURN *** [9h 5c 6h] [Qd]*** RIVER *** [9h 5c 6h Qd] [3d]*** SHOW DOWN ***barah0na: shows [Ks Kc] (a pair of Kings)mgaphysics: shows [Qc Qh] (three of a kind, Queens)mgaphysics collected 760 from side pot-2 Kuge: shows [Ah Th] (high card Ace)mgaphysics collected 2625 from side pot-1 KingRat: shows [6c 2c] (a pair of Sixes)mgaphysics collected 1070 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4455 Main pot 1070. Side pot-1 2625. Side pot-2 760. | Rake 0 Board [9h 5c 6h Qd 3d]Seat 1: Kuge showed [Ah Th] and lost with high card AceSeat 2: barah0na showed [Ks Kc] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: mgaphysics showed [Qc Qh] and won (4455) with three of a kind, QueensSeat 4: jjdubs3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: sam7281 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: KingRat (small blind) showed [6c 2c] and lost with a pair of SixesSeat 8: Claudão (big blind) folded before Flop
That's a tough spot for sure. UTG, short stacked, with 7 players left, I might limp and fold to a re-raise (as your likely dominated, unless I happen to think the player is hyper aggressive). If your were at 4 players or less I would push. The other thing I try to keep in mind with satellites is, you don't have to get 1st to "win", 2nd is just as good. You don't have to make the right play everytime, just most times. With that thought in mind I sometimes make laydowns I normally wouldn't. My 2cents (you get what you pay for!!)Better luck next one!!!
utg Ah10h with 6 left to act i dnt really like pushing there butwith the turbo structure and blinds coming around its hard to say . played a step 1 and won 1/1 two tired to go for a step 2 but sometime tomorrow and gl on that step 6 berak how much you want for a % and is it turbo also ?
I hadn't even looked, but now that you mention it I did. Looks like a normal non-turbo structure (10 minute levels vs 5 for the others). Also starting with 3000 vs. 1500. Should be good.After looking at the payout structure, it probably doesn't make sense to sell a percentage as it wouldn't be fair to the purchaser. At 2nd place your still losing money! (Payout is 1500 for 2nd and 3rd and the buyin is 2100) That's crazy. Your basically playing for first.Gl on the Step 2!Thanks all for the luck, I can use it!! (I won't be playing till sometime after 9 tonight, once I get the kids to bed so I can give it my full concentration.) Realisitically I'm trying to condition myself for the dissapointment of running my KK into AA for 7th place and no cash, lol! Or maybe even worse, getting donk struck heads up for the win.
I hadn't even looked, but now that you mention it I did. Looks like a normal non-turbo structure (10 minute levels vs 5 for the others). Also starting with 3000 vs. 1500. Should be good.After looking at the payout structure, it probably doesn't make sense to sell a percentage as it wouldn't be fair to the purchaser. At 2nd place your still losing money! (Payout is 1500 for 2nd and 3rd and the buyin is 2100) That's crazy. Your basically playing for first.Gl on the Step 2!Thanks all for the luck, I can use it!! (I won't be playing till sometime after 9 tonight, once I get the kids to bed so I can give it my full concentration.) Realisitically I'm trying to condition myself for the dissapointment of running my KK into AA for 7th place and no cash, lol! Or maybe even worse, getting donk struck heads up for the win.
Good luck!!!
With the deep payout structure and semi-good starting stacks, maybe you should play to cash first then work on getting first place. I'm not suggesting that you outright fold a starting hand like KK but maybe play it conservatively and fold to pressure before the cash?

I can't seem to find anything other than step 1's in the lobby. I have seen all of them running until last night and today. Congrats Eddie on your seat! I hope to follow........ is anyone else having problems finding any of the other steps? Thanks

I can't seem to find anything other than step 1's in the lobby. I have seen all of them running until last night and today. Congrats Eddie on your seat! I hope to follow........ is anyone else having problems finding any of the other steps? Thanks
Go to Events, WSOP, Sit & Go Satellites
Update...just finished a crazy Step 4. Got crippled to 300 early on, had a miracle triple up when Ace hi held. Caught a 3-outer on the river to double to 2500, then flopped a set of 8's for the chip lead. The whole time one player is SITTING OUT until 4-handed and he was all in blind. He finally sits in and keeps doubling all the way to 2400 and ended up screwing the guy who was in 3rd. He then goes down 10-10 < A-J and I somehow advance to Step 5.[x] Step 4[ ] Step 5
Update...took down Step 5!! Wild finish again. Had chip lead 5-handed with about 4800, blinds 150-300. I'm in BB with AA and it folds around to small blind who pushes for 3900 with 8-3o. Eight on the flop, three on the turn and I'm crippled. Steal blinds a couple of times and then double with J-10 back to 2600. Got down to 4-handed, I was back to second place with about 4500, get AKs UTG, raise to 800 and chip leader pushes. Other two were super short and of course folded...I insta fold and it was over within 5 hands.[x] Step 5[ ] Step 6One time FTW...
Update...took down Step 5!! Wild finish again. Had chip lead 5-handed with about 4800, blinds 150-300. I'm in BB with AA and it folds around to small blind who pushes for 3900 with 8-3o. Eight on the flop, three on the turn and I'm crippled. Steal blinds a couple of times and then double with J-10 back to 2600. Got down to 4-handed, I was back to second place with about 4500, get AKs UTG, raise to 800 and chip leader pushes. Other two were super short and of course folded...I insta fold and it was over within 5 hands.[x] Step 5[ ] Step 6One time FTW...
GL. It looks like 3 of the same ol's from Eddie's step 6 are waiting again. Post when you play so I can sweat you a bit if I'm on.