This is a very strange response. Skylar married a good man, a solid member of society, a brilliant ( if underachieving) mind. They had a nice, stable life. And then, he becomes a huge meth manufacturer. He lies and betrays her, to commit a massively taboo crime. And, don't forget, he becomes a raging ******* to her. She has the right to be upset, to be worried the kind of influence he would have on his children (particularly his son who looks up to him). I think the character's response was realistic and reasonable.
Of course your response is correct. The majority of women would have had the same reaction.I was thinking in terms of the show. I think it would be fun if Skylar would chill out so Walt can go back to being his badass cooking meth self, dealing with crazy mexicans and drug addicts. The show is being realistic with the storyline though so that is good and I really enjoy it.
  • Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

Yeah I just saw Traffic again this weekend... In that movie when the wife and PTA mom finds out that her seemingly normal businessman husband has been a drug dealer, she picks up where he left off and starts negotiating deals. We can only hope that Skylar comes around to this position. I think they took the badass Mexican duo a little too far. The scene where they blow up the bus without even looking back is just ridiculous.

Yeah I just saw Traffic again this weekend... In that movie when the wife and PTA mom finds out that her seemingly normal businessman husband has been a drug dealer, she picks up where he left off and starts negotiating deals. We can only hope that Skylar comes around to this position. I think they took the badass Mexican duo a little too far. The scene where they blow up the bus without even looking back is just ridiculous.
yeah, but the first scene with them was absolutely great.
This is a very strange response. Skylar married a good man, a solid member of society, a brilliant ( if underachieving) mind. They had a nice, stable life. And then, he becomes a huge meth manufacturer. He lies and betrays her, to commit a massively taboo crime. And, don't forget, he becomes a raging ******* to her. She has the right to be upset, to be worried the kind of influence he would have on his children (particularly his son who looks up to him). I think the character's response was realistic and reasonable.
boom! roasted!
If Hank ever needs a stunt man in a future episode, I know someone who would fit the bill..
lolz
So after watching the "best of" marathon this weekend I have decided to work this show into my rotation.
Did you see the end of season 2?

Where Walt basically manslaughters Jesse's girlfriend, inadvertently causing the mid-air collision? The mid-air collision part I'm still not sure how I feel about - I might rather see Walt's guilt focused on the girl he allowed to die. The whole aftermath with the collision seems like a bit of a stretch, but on the other hand Q played it so damn well that I bought it. Anyways, the scene where Walt lets the girl die was probably the most powerful scene I can remember on any tv show that wasn't The Wire.

Pretty good season 3 premier. I like Skylar's reaction to Walt's confession. And I agree with vb that the final scene was a bit ridiculous, and also with bigd that the opening scene was outstanding.

Also, this is amazing. I've somehow never seen it before.
Did you see the end of season 2?

Where Walt basically manslaughters Jesse's girlfriend, inadvertently causing the mid-air collision? The mid-air collision part I'm still not sure how I feel about - I might rather see Walt's guilt focused on the girl he allowed to die. The whole aftermath with the collision seems like a bit of a stretch, but on the other hand Q played it so damn well that I bought it. Anyways, the scene where Walt lets the girl die was probably the most powerful scene I can remember on any tv show that wasn't The Wire.

Pretty good season 3 premier. I like Skylar's reaction to Walt's confession. And I agree with vb that the final scene was a bit ridiculous, and also with bigd that the opening scene was outstanding.Also, this is amazing. I've somehow never seen it before.

I saw enough of the clips and discussion of the events leading up to the S2 finale that I've got the jist.

So I read the article stating the main antagonist this season is bound to be the mexicans. I wouldn't overlook the restauranteur. He knows his cook's b.i.l. is DEA, his offer was rebuffed. Which was stupid, Walt should take a little time, teach some of his dudes to duplicate his results, then gtfo. I just don't think he's going to let his competitive advantage walk away so easily.

So I read the article stating the main antagonist this season is bound to be the mexicans. I wouldn't overlook the restauranteur. He knows his cook's b.i.l. is DEA, his offer was rebuffed. Which was stupid, Walt should take a little time, teach some of his dudes to duplicate his results, then gtfo. I just don't think he's going to let his competitive advantage walk away so easily.

I don't buy the competitive edge thing.. I beleive that Walt did refused due to his family troubles, as he mentioned, combined with the fact that he no longer has such an immediate need for lots of cash..not to mention, with the $3M they offered he could/would retire and never, ever have to cook or take risks again. Why would he care about "competitive edge" when he's retired? I don't think (as hard as he has become) that he has any desire to become a career criminal.
I don't think (as hard as he has become) that he has any desire to become a career criminal.
Yeah, I don't think that's true. I think he does have that desire, or at least is seduced by the money. I think he's conflicted, but I don't think it's as clear cut as you're making it, otherwhise there would be no show.
I don't buy the competitive edge thing.. I beleive that Walt did refused due to his family troubles, as he mentioned, combined with the fact that he no longer has such an immediate need for lots of cash..not to mention, with the $3M they offered he could/would retire and never, ever have to cook or take risks again. Why would he care about "competitive edge" when he's retired? I don't think (as hard as he has become) that he has any desire to become a career criminal.
walt doesn't care about competitive advantage, but you can bet your ass the real drug dealer does (see american gangster). right now walt is the only source for the purest, most kick ass crystal on the market, you think a true dealer is going to let him just stop making it while said dealer is gaining market share in multiple states? that's why I said the smart, and safest, move was offer to teach some dudes his methodology until they can consistently replicate his results then retire.
that's why I said the smart, and safest, move was offer to teach some dudes his methodology until they can consistently replicate his results then retire.
I think that Walt is going to realize that his marriage is irrevocably destroyed, and the pain of that realization combined with the pain of his cancer and the pain of his guilt over Q's daughter will cause him to either completely try to change his life and help others (and thus have to defend himself from Mr. Chicken and whatever Mexicans are after him), or completely become a hard-ass-millionaire-cook and kill all his enemies, depending on whether he's able to deal with all that pain or not. So far he hasn't been doing too well with it.
I think that Walt is going to realize that his marriage is irrevocably destroyed, and the pain of that realization combined with the pain of his cancer and the pain of his guilt over Q's daughter will cause him to either completely try to change his life and help others (and thus have to defend himself from Mr. Chicken and whatever Mexicans are after him), or completely become a hard-ass-millionaire-cook and kill all his enemies, depending on whether he's able to deal with all that pain or not. So far he hasn't been doing too well with it.
well of course it's a question of commitment to "good" or "evil." Right now he's trying to walk the tightrope. Given the tone of the eps that I've seen (I haven't seen them all) I seriously doubt he would become some "do gooder" helping others, but he might try to regain his old life of suburban bliss. The show is about consequences. All the lies that he's told haven't gone away, even if they seemingly have. Nope, they have a way of coming back to bite him and that is the over all theme. Thus, after everything he's done, everything he's seen I think we're going to be left with a walt that can never be the man he once was and will struggle with that for the rest of his life. In other words: How can he go back to the farm after he's seen the big city?
Yeah, I don't think that's true. I think he does have that desire, or at least is seduced by the money. I think he's conflicted, but I don't think it's as clear cut as you're making it, otherwhise there would be no show.
He's certainly not satisfied with his mundane life as a high school teacher. He knows he could have done something more with his life, he is smart enough to do something more interesting, and the drug manufacturing at least allows him to apply himself more than his silly job.

The Mexicans: Agreed on ridiculous last scene and amazing first scene. They're scary as hell. So we can agree that they have been sent by a rival of Pollos to wipe out his edge in the market. So I reckon it will the Mexicans who force Walt back to work as he will get protection from Pollo in exchange for working for him.I have no faith in Walt's wife keeping the secret. Shes a liability and he should make 100% sure that none of his "colleagues" find out she knows.

I might just be forgetting some stuff from season 2. But a couple questions:How did Tuco's grandpa know the name Walter White? I didn't think Tuco knew Walt's real name.Does the Pollo's guy override whoever ordered the Mexican guys to kill Walt? Their boss just doesn't even matter? Where did the eyeball looking thing come from that Walt keeps with him? Was it from the airplane? And what is its significance?

Where did the eyeball looking thing come from that Walt keeps with him? Was it from the airplane? And what is its significance?
I believe the eyeball came from the teddy bear in the pool, don't know the significance tho.
I might just be forgetting some stuff from season 2. But a couple questions:How did Tuco's grandpa know the name Walter White? I didn't think Tuco knew Walt's real name.Does the Pollo's guy override whoever ordered the Mexican guys to kill Walt? Their boss just doesn't even matter? Where did the eyeball looking thing come from that Walt keeps with him? Was it from the airplane? And what is its significance?
I think I forgot some stuff too. I was wondering about the old man knowing his real name as well, maybe Jesse called him that when they thought he couldn't understand what they were saying?The pollo guy overriding the mexicans had me thinking that maybe the pollo guy sent them to kill an enemy not knowing who exactly it was, and it winds up that Walt is the same person unknowingly. But, like I said, I can't remember details from the last season, that's why I said it was so long ago.The eyeball came from the pool filter at Walt's house while he was cleaning out the money he threw in early in episode 3.1.