New Challenge ( Tourney Style )

I'm shipping the JJ. Flatting isn't terrible but isn't optimal. If you do flat, be prepared to stack off most of the time.30bbs and up I'll prob start flatting but I could easily be wrong.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shipping the JJ. Flatting isn't terrible but isn't optimal. If you do flat, be prepared to stack off most of the time.30bbs and up I'll prob start flatting but I could easily be wrong.
agreed..i put them in, obv he had KK i think i was just overthinking the hand after it happened bc it sucked to play for 11 hours and be the first one out at the final tablethanks all
agreed..i put them in, obv he had KK i think i was just overthinking the hand after it happened bc it sucked to play for 11 hours and be the first one out at the final tablethanks all
been there done that. F turning stone. In regards to the hand, its such a shitty spot and I think folding/shoving are your only 2 options... I maybe find a fold considering you're not in terrible shape and you've got 6 people behind you including an ep raiser but im probably leaning towards shoving... Avg. stack size and payouts would be good to know though.
Full Tilt Poker Game #10026118438: $65,000 Guarantee (75189822), Table 5 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:20:32 ET - 2009/01/13Seat 1: PMJackson21 (3,800)Seat 2: newhizzle (3,160)Seat 3: cool0813 (2,400)Seat 4: jakelantic (410), is sitting outSeat 5: jojo17333 (3,400)Seat 6: siphon3511 (2,925)Seat 7: 4us0306 (2,295)Seat 8: pokerkid585 (3,205), is sitting outSeat 9: kingbenny04 (5,405)PMJackson21 posts the small blind of 15newhizzle posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to PMJackson21 [Qc Qh]cool0813 foldsjakelantic foldsjojo17333 foldssiphon3511 folds4us0306 raises to 90pokerkid585 foldskingbenny04 foldsPMJackson21 has 15 seconds left to actpokerkid585 has returnedPMJackson21 raises to 300newhizzle has 15 seconds left to actnewhizzle raises to 9904us0306 raises to 2,295, and is all inPMJackson21 has 15 seconds left to actPMJackson21 has requested TIME????No read on original raiser other then he insta shipped on Newhizzle's 4 bet. Newhizzle is obv Mark Newhouse. I've been in a 'never fold qq' online preflop mode lately, but meh at this spot...
Sick spot, pat. I think it's a a clear fold since newhouse is pretty tight, I think it might actually be a fold even if the orig raiser folded.I don't see him 4 bet/ calling with JJ here.
qft...i might just be folding QQ to the 4bet (idk how newhouse rly plays this early in a tournament), after a 5bet, now i definitely fold

Ive been starting to pop my head in and out of these challenge threads. I think they are great and filled with alot of good content. But I find that there is also a ton of bitching and whining that goes on too, then there's the guys who come in and try to "police" a thread that really doesn't have strict rules as per content.Im cool with policing a thread and keeping things right but it seems like people start dragging some petty little squabble all over the forum.I won't even start on the whole old boy/new boys bologna.All in all i think its great place and im not really helping by adding to the bitching. But its just something I observed.

OK let me get your thoughts on a hand my buddy just played. Hero is dapimp2031. This is the 10+1rebuy+1addon on Stars. derek is a supernova who shoved T9s into hero BTN/SB a couple orbits ago when derek had like 3500 and hero had like 30000 with blinds at 150/300.PokerStars Game #23877619070: Tournament #132776014, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2009/01/13 21:18:22 ETTable '132776014 25' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: iamhomer (11938 in chips) Seat 2: coolxigrey (12565 in chips) Seat 3: ddrstel (15700 in chips) Seat 4: heavykiddy (19752 in chips) Seat 5: derek8 (8590 in chips) Seat 6: dapimp2031 (37814 in chips) Seat 7: jeffmignot (6100 in chips) Seat 8: Zareta (9570 in chips) Seat 9: PORC BABY (10785 in chips) iamhomer: posts the ante 25coolxigrey: posts the ante 25ddrstel: posts the ante 25heavykiddy: posts the ante 25derek8: posts the ante 25dapimp2031: posts the ante 25jeffmignot: posts the ante 25Zareta: posts the ante 25PORC BABY: posts the ante 25jeffmignot: posts small blind 150Zareta: posts big blind 300*** HOLE CARDS ***PORC BABY: folds iamhomer: calls 300coolxigrey: folds ddrstel: raises 900 to 1200heavykiddy: folds derek8: raises 7365 to 8565 and is all-indapimp2031: ??????With what range do you iso-reshove here?Edit: Note hero's stack size
reads on original raiser? seems pretty necessary...i dont know much about derek8s game but id prob go with TT+,AK def capable of being looser with knowing more table dynamics
live spot i had tonight would like opinions on..ill try to explain the situation as best i can...final table of event 1 tonight at the stone..only about 3 hands into the 10handed play, utg+2 makes it 3x, im directly to his left and have JJ with 50k at 1k/2k 300ante i have not seen this guy play a hand so have zero reads..is this a snap shove with JJ with 6 people behind me to act? i obv dont see any other 3bet to be made..is it wayyyy to nitty to fold? can i ever flat in position with my stack? i may just be overthinking this hand in hindsight and if so someone feel free to tell me im an idiot...thanks also, 40 minute levels with about 20min left at 1/2k..next level 1200/2400
shovellllll
Sometimes to help someone you have to not be so nice. So I won't be so nice right here.You did kind of the same thing in the no limit thread. You came in, really didn't attempt to lurk or read or do anything really, and immediately started pounding the thread with posts. Some were for discussion, some were bad beats. You answered other people's questions as though you expected your answers to hold merit despite you never beating any game for any winrate, and then complained when other people posted similar thoughts and theirs got noticed. You aren't entitled to just pop in here and immediately start asking tons of questions and get free advice after 2 days of posting in this thread. Everyone's hands and questions get ignored from time to time, it's a long thread with a lot of stuff that is all over the place. It seems like you are expecting everyone to help you learn how to win at poker while doing little or no work yourself. At the moment, I don't see you beating the game and I picture a ton of excuses as to why you couldn't do it afterwards. Slow down, take your time, both in this thread and with the game. A week, two weeks, a month of results doesn't mean anything.Sorry if this was too harsh, it's just kind of frustrating to see your own actions followed by a post like the above one.
Ive been starting to pop my head in and out of these challenge threads. I think they are great and filled with alot of good content. But I find that there is also a ton of bitching and whining that goes on too, then there's the guys who come in and try to "police" a thread that really doesn't have strict rules as per content.Im cool with policing a thread and keeping things right but it seems like people start dragging some petty little squabble all over the forum.I won't even start on the whole old boy/new boys bologna.All in all i think its great place and im not really helping by adding to the bitching. But its just something I observed.
Are you talking about the post above? Because if you are, looooooooooooooool.
Are you talking about the post above? Because if you are, looooooooooooooool.
no not that one in particular. i never take anything you say as if your mad. You seem like a big time joker.
no not that one in particular. i never take anything you say as if your mad. You seem like a big time joker.
I can be serious sometimes. :club:

Tough spot for me. Can we ever just flat here and go from there? Is a fold fine? Shove? This guy has not raised a pot as far as I can remember. I was up to 17k and lost some nice pots in a few races and one where I caught a straight and villain caught a flush. Anyway...Full Tilt Poker Game #10045980143: $32,000 Guarantee (76145166), Table 81 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:50:25 ET - 2009/01/14Seat 1: diky3stiks (3,631)Seat 2: Captain Wunk (13,410)Seat 3: Ef The Champ (19,365)Seat 4: disRubed (1,392)Seat 5: Tacuara7 (8,442)Seat 6: bryoneich (5,120)Seat 7: 1scratchy (12,565)Seat 8: elmatador69 (8,655)Seat 9: GalloFX (9,635)diky3stiks antes 25Captain Wunk antes 25Ef The Champ antes 25disRubed antes 25Tacuara7 antes 25bryoneich antes 251scratchy antes 25elmatador69 antes 25GalloFX antes 25elmatador69 posts the small blind of 120GalloFX posts the big blind of 240The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GalloFX [9s 9c]diky3stiks has 15 seconds left to actdiky3stiks raises to 720Captain Wunk has 15 seconds left to actCaptain Wunk foldsEf The Champ foldsdisRubed foldsTacuara7 foldsbryoneich folds1scratchy foldselmatador69 foldsGalloFX has 15 seconds left to actGalloFX ??????

I'm definitely a nit, but I think flatting or folding are the best options. If he hasn't been raising pots then his UTG raise is too strong. He is not short enough where he is going to do that from UTG with weak hands. At best you are flipping, but you are probably in bad shape already. Plus, how are you going to play him on the flop? If you get 3 babies and get it in, you are still probably beat. If there are overcards, and there will be, how are you going to play it. I think sometimes it sucks to fold those hands on the blind, but I think it is okay here. Note - this is very much based on your read of him not raising hands. Flame away.And GalloFX - I guess you really are FCP.

I'm definitely a nit, but I think flatting or folding are the best options. If he hasn't been raising pots then his UTG raise is too strong. He is not short enough where he is going to do that from UTG with weak hands. At best you are flipping, but you are probably in bad shape already. Plus, how are you going to play him on the flop? If you get 3 babies and get it in, you are still probably beat. If there are overcards, and there will be, how are you going to play it. I think sometimes it sucks to fold those hands on the blind, but I think it is okay here. Note - this is very much based on your read of him not raising hands. Flame away.And GalloFX - I guess you really are FCP.
loooooolYeah, he hasn't raised and I agree with your assesment. Not gonna say what I did yet though.

Gallo whats your sample size? I mean he could be just card dead, 99 is about the bottom of the range I will play here. I think shoving is wrong. I think calling and folding is pretty close, but he's going to have roughly a PSB and we can be put in a tough spot on the flop. I guess call and getit in on a safe flop.88 is a snap fold, curious to how people would play AQ here. Not sure about any of this could be a leak.

Gallo whats your sample size? I mean he could be just card dead, 99 is about the bottom of the range I will play here. I think shoving is wrong. I think calling and folding is pretty close, but he's going to have roughly a PSB and we can be put in a tough spot on the flop. I guess call and getit in on a safe flop.88 is a snap fold, curious to how people would play AQ here. Not sure about any of this could be a leak.
I don't use any software, but I would probably say about 40 hands or so, maybe more. But I do know he hasn't raised. Plus I was the most active at the table, so I really didn't give any room for anyone to really raise PF.

Results on my hand, Hero nearly snap folded AJs, I was arguing for an iso-reshove. No one's range really went as low as AJs so I guess I was wrong. Lesson learned...thought with a supernova iso'ing there and hero's stack, AJs was at the bottom of a range to iso.

lolI'm an idiot sometimes. Something just felt right about this hand.Full Tilt Poker Game #10047022809: $32,000 Guarantee (76145166), Table 81 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:52:38 ET - 2009/01/14Seat 1: CAPSTEVEROGERS (9,776)Seat 2: Captain Wunk (16,082)Seat 3: Ef The Champ (11,014)Seat 4: das98z (44,437)Seat 5: ralphbenjamin (16,085)Seat 6: viniciustele (7,556)Seat 7: bucknaked420 (13,570)Seat 8: Ocean978 (23,395)Seat 9: GalloFX (11,353)CAPSTEVEROGERS antes 100Captain Wunk antes 100Ef The Champ antes 100das98z antes 100ralphbenjamin antes 100viniciustele antes 100bucknaked420 antes 100Ocean978 antes 100GalloFX antes 100ralphbenjamin posts the small blind of 400viniciustele posts the big blind of 800The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GalloFX [Ts 7s]bucknaked420 foldsOcean978 foldsGalloFX raises to 11,253, and is all inCAPSTEVEROGERS foldsCaptain Wunk has 15 seconds left to actCaptain Wunk foldsEf The Champ foldsdas98z foldsralphbenjamin foldsviniciustele calls 6,656, and is all inGalloFX shows [Ts 7s]viniciustele shows [9c 9s]Uncalled bet of 3,797 returned to GalloFX*** FLOP *** [7d Tc 2d]*** TURN *** [7d Tc 2d] [4s]*** RIVER *** [7d Tc 2d 4s] [Th]GalloFX shows a full house, Tens full of Sevensviniciustele shows two pair, Tens and NinesGalloFX wins the pot (16,212) with a full house, Tens full of Sevensviniciustele stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 16,212 | Rake 0Board: [7d Tc 2d 4s Th]Seat 1: CAPSTEVEROGERS folded before the FlopSeat 2: Captain Wunk folded before the FlopSeat 3: Ef The Champ folded before the FlopSeat 4: das98z (button) folded before the FlopSeat 5: ralphbenjamin (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: viniciustele (big blind) showed [9c 9s] and lost with two pair, Tens and NinesSeat 7: bucknaked420 folded before the FlopSeat 8: Ocean978 folded before the FlopSeat 9: GalloFX showed [Ts 7s] and won (16,212) with a full house, Tens full of Sevens

You should have raised 2.5x there Gallo.SW (for anyone that gets the reference)
lolI was actually thinking about doing that, then something in my head said, "Fuck it!! Shove it!!"
lolI was actually thinking about doing that, then something in my head said, "Fuck it!! Shove it!!"
Shove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2.5x raise