The Official Zach Bogosian Thread

Screw that, the real story is how well Enstrom is playing with Bogosian. They are going to be one of the top defensive pairings in a couple years if they stay together.
They will also possibly add another big name at the draft...Would they draft Hedman??
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from Yerevan: Serge has had his Armenian passport revoked and will no longer be allowed to eat boereg, lahmacoon or manti. (if you dont know what these foods are kids, hit me up sometim

they lost to Malta, they must have made a killing that game.

imagine if a real team had hedman and bogo. perennial guaranteed 50+ points apiece.
its very possible...If Atlanta moves up in the lottery they may get a shot.

The Penguin fans in their biased joyous winning wont agree but the hit on Bogosian was dirty and should be punished.Comments from John Anderson :It was definitely knee-on-knee,” Thrashers coach John Anderson said. “The referee said if (Bogosian) was injured, (Cooke) would have gotten five minutes. He was injured—he just didn’t lay on the ice.”and Valabik:To me (Bogosian) is an 18 year-old future superstar, and if people are going to protect superstars in this league then that was a knee in my book and in anyone’s book,” Valabik said. “I think you can’t hurt anybody with a trip, and that (hit) you could hurt somebody withLets hope Zach is ok, and the league suspends this goon.

I'd have to see it again to say for sure, but I really didn't think Cooke change his line at Zach or moved his knee to hit him.From the replay angle, which came from ice level behind Cooke, it looked like he had his right leg planted and left leg up the whole time.Penalty, sure...but anything more than that, I don't see it.

I'd have to see it again to say for sure, but I really didn't think Cooke change his line at Zach or moved his knee to hit him.From the replay angle, which came from ice level behind Cooke, it looked like he had his right leg planted and left leg up the whole time.Penalty, sure...but anything more than that, I don't see it.
The point that Anderson is making is the ref said he would of received a 5 minute major if Bogosian was injured on the ice..Well he was definetely injured, and just because he didnt pull a dramatic soccer player injury sequence Cooke got 2 minutes.
The point that Anderson is making is the ref said he would of received a 5 minute major if Bogosian was injured on the ice..Well he was definetely injured, and just because he didnt pull a dramatic soccer player injury sequence Cooke got 2 minutes.
Did you ever think that maybe the ref just said that to end the conversation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsI30L4VjE...player_embeddedThe best view comes at about the 1 minute mark. I'm not the biggest Matt Cooke fan, but I really don't think his intent was to injure. IMO he was going for a big (but clean) hit and Bogosian changed he angle causing it to be knee to knee.
I can't watch youtube at work...so I still can't comment, blah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsI30L4VjE...player_embeddedThe best view comes at about the 1 minute mark. I'm not the biggest Matt Cooke fan, but I really don't think his intent was to injure. IMO he was going for a big (but clean) hit and Bogosian changed he angle causing it to be knee to knee.
Not sure what his intent was, but he definetely sticks his knee out there.
idk why Cooke attempted that huge of a hit, but the knee on knee looked more like a result of bogo trying to avoid the hit than anything. sucks, but at least he has the offseason to recover if it's an acl, mcl or both.
I think he finished the game, so I'm sure he's just icing a bruise today?
Not sure what his intent was, but he definetely sticks his knee out there.
idk why Cooke attempted that huge of a hit, but the knee on knee looked more like a result of bogo trying to avoid the hit than anything. sucks, but at least he has the offseason to recover if it's an acl, mcl or both.
Here's another angle...IMO it doesn't really support your theory Serge. It's about 27 seconds in.
the update I saw last night during the game showed him leaving the rink after skating on it a little. I hope you're right, though.
from yahoo.com...D Zach Bogosian, who missed 33 games with a broken left leg earlier this season, was forced to leave Tuesday’s loss to Pittsburgh with another left leg injury. Bogosian was the victim of a questionable open-ice hit from Matt Cooke, who stuck out his own leg and clipped the Thrashers’ rookie at full speed. After the hit, Bogosian attempted one more shift but was unable to continue.
from yahoo.com...D Zach Bogosian, who missed 33 games with a broken left leg earlier this season, was forced to leave Tuesday’s loss to Pittsburgh with another left leg injury. Bogosian was the victim of a questionable open-ice hit from Matt Cooke, who stuck out his own leg and clipped the Thrashers’ rookie at full speed. After the hit, Bogosian attempted one more shift but was unable to continue.
I disagree with that description. the video pretty clearly shows bogo moving his leg last second before it gets blasted. it was going to just be a huge open ice hit until bogo decided to offer up his knee.
The Penguin fans in their biased joyous winning wont agree but the hit on Bogosian was dirty and should be punished.
I'm sure you read me say in the Penguins thread that at first glance it appeared to be quit a dirty hit? LOL at you calling anyone out on being biased.
After watching the two replays, however, I've changed my mind and really think that the unfortunate contact to Bogosian's knee was as a result of him trying to avoid contact. It's very evident in the second youtube link, where Cooke actually pulls his legs closer to his body, rather than extending them.
I'm sure you read me say in the Penguins thread that at first glance it appeared to be quit a dirty hit? LOL at you calling anyone out on being biased.After watching the two replays, however, I've changed my mind and really think that the unfortunate contact to Bogosian's knee was as a result of him trying to avoid contact. It's very evident in the second youtube link, where Cooke actually pulls his legs closer to his body, rather than extending them.
Yes Zach I have to admit you made a semi positive comment...And no I didnt profess to be biased..lolCooke has previous history, i think a 3 game suspension is warranted. At some point you have to take responsibility, he went after him while on purpose or not, and he injured him with his knee..Shit like that ends careers.
it's a trap speed limit, he's a ref. a regular mick mcgeough.
That's just not 100% true. I do ref, but I'm not a ref. Got it? :club: I wasn't trying to bait him in, just wanted to hear his opinion on how it's a charge, cause I don't see it.

A charge is defined as taking 3+ strides before a hit, right?Or leaving your feet for the check.I never understand the strides thing. Shouldn't players be keeping their legs moving at all times anyways to play the game well?Anyways, in this hit, he stopped taking strides as he was approaching in order to initiate the contact. Coming in fast is not the same as a charge.He also clearly did not leave his feet, until the contact dictated such.