The Official Zach Bogosian Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Press Release from Yerevan: Serge has had his Armenian passport revoked and will no longer be allowed to eat boereg, lahmacoon or manti. (if you dont know what these foods are kids, hit me up sometim

they lost to Malta, they must have made a killing that game.

3+ full flight strides if you're going by Zach (I kinda always thought it was 4+, go figure) where you make an extra effort to go after the man and not the puck. The knee on knee thing isn't even where it bugs me, that was coincidental as far as I can figure. It should never have happened, but that's just the player Cooke is, he makes that play 100 times out of 100, but doesn't mean that it's legal every time. NHL GMs and big honchos are worried about concussions and head injuries etc. a lot of back and lower body injuries can be prevented if you make penalties for charging more severe, with the first step to making it a double minor.

3+ full flight strides if you're going by Zach (I kinda always thought it was 4+, go figure) where you make an extra effort to go after the man and not the puck. The knee on knee thing isn't even where it bugs me, that was coincidental as far as I can figure. It should never have happened, but that's just the player Cooke is, he makes that play 100 times out of 100, but doesn't mean that it's legal every time. NHL GMs and big honchos are worried about concussions and head injuries etc. a lot of back and lower body injuries can be prevented if you make penalties for charging more severe, with the first step to making it a double minor.
So, I'm missing how it was a charge?
So, I'm missing how it was a charge?

He wasn't taking any strides when he hit him, he was gliding in the entire replay, so I guess I'm still missing something.Extra effort? I've never heard that before. Are you refering to a rule here?I can't say agree with that even being close to a charge.

The strides thing is retarded. Where do you draw the line? A guy needs to stride to skate. He's not gonna just float around. He needs to pick up speed somehow. Cooke is CLEARLY coasting for a second or two before the hit. What makes something a charge? 100% of the hits in the NHL come after a player takes several 'strides'. How exactly does one differentiate a charge?

The strides thing is retarded. Where do you draw the line? A guy needs to stride to skate. He's not gonna just float around. He needs to pick up speed somehow. Cooke is CLEARLY coasting for a second or two before the hit. What makes something a charge? 100% of the hits in the NHL come after a player takes several 'strides'. How exactly does one differentiate a charge?
Rule 47 CHARGINGCharging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "Charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice. The way it's taught to NHL referees is that, if a player identifies his target then continues to stride to maintain or pickup momentum, then it's charging. It has nothing to do with gliding. So, for example, a forechecking forward comes in on a defenseman going back on the puck, once the defender picks up the puck (you can only hit a player with the puck, remember), and establishes a direction, and the forechecker takes a vector to intercept with a hit, he must stop skating. I think with this hit, Cooke clearly identifies, then tries to gain momentum. Plus, I hate the little bastard. And I know him.
Rule 47 CHARGINGCharging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "Charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice. The way it's taught to NHL referees is that, if a player identifies his target then continues to stride to maintain or pickup momentum, then it's charging. It has nothing to do with gliding. So, for example, a forechecking forward comes in on a defenseman going back on the puck, once the defender picks up the puck (you can only hit a player with the puck, remember), and establishes a direction, and the forechecker takes a vector to intercept with a hit, he must stop skating. I think with this hit, Cooke clearly identifies, then tries to gain momentum. Plus, I hate the little bastard. And I know him.
I'm not seeing this part of it.But, as always, thanks for the information.
Hmm. Thanks.I think they miss a billion charging calls then. :club: (cough Ovechkin cough)I could go either way on this being charging then, still meh on it, though.

It may be worthwhile to remind that charging wasn't called on the play, it was called tripping.Anyway last I saw Bogo skated today and is probable for Friday nights game.

8:36, Zach Bogosian 7 (Ilya Kovalchuk, Bryan Little)#7 and First Star...Look out Mike Green..In a couple of years he will make you look like Todd Gill

I like the nickname Zee Bo over Bogo. I will be starting the Zee Bo movement Serge use Zee Bo from now on.
i actually like Bogey..My uncle's nickname is bogey..Same last name obviously.At school I used to have a teacher call me Boggs...Thats when Wade Boggs was the best hitter in the game.
i actually like Bogey..My uncle's nickname is bogey..Same last name obviously.At school I used to have a teacher call me Boggs...Thats when Wade Boggs was the best hitter in the game.
I think your uncle just sucks at golf :club:
  • 5 months later...
Here's an imprresive fact: He, 19year old Zach, was just named Assisstant Captain of the Thrashers.
They should nickname him Bobby...Because he will be winning Norris Trophies by the bunches.
  • 3 weeks later...

Atlanta 4:51, Zach Bogosian 2 (shorthanded) (Colby Armstrong, Rich Peverley)Only the good ones score short handed.

And there is number 5..In his 10th game he is tied for Dman lead in goals with Googoo and Phaneouf...The kid is capable of scoring 30 goals..Awesome.